Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Whos on the plane

whos on the plane

WHOS ON THE PLANE?

Maybe this? (Might not be suitable for work).

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Whos on the plane

whos on the plane

WHOS ON THE PLANE?

Snakes on a Plane review – cheerfully ridiculous thriller that defies you  not to laugh | Movies | The Guardian

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean I would not say no but I do feel Dowell is being set for our main number 10

I must admit, I’ve not seen anything of Ryan Christie - is he actually any good?

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I must admit, I’ve not seen anything of Ryan Christie - is he actually any good?

He's alright. I mean, Celtic  seem to want to get rid of him though. He did score a hatrick against St Johnstone for them recently though..

Then again scoring a hatrick for Celtic against St Johnstone is like scoring a hatrick for Man City against Forest Green Rovers

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's alright. I mean, Celtic  seem to want to get rid of him though. He did score a hatrick against St Johnstone for them recently though..

Then again scoring a hatrick for Celtic against St Johnstone is like scoring a hatrick for Man City against Forest Green Rovers

Best team in Perth. Bit of respect please.😉

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Quite right. I actually saw us play St Johnstone in Perth in the Texaco Cup, back in 1973. Neil O'Donnell scored the only goal.

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean I would not say no but I do feel Dowell is being set for our main number 10

I think plans are more fluid than that, especially having signed Lees-Melou.

This rumour was doing the rounds back in early May wasn't it.

Perhaps firmer interest from us (and Burnley?) has been shown following an initial fishing expedition?

18 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

You can be a billion in debt and still be one of the wealthiest clubs in the world. Watford can easily give double the wages we can right now.

In Watford's long tenure in the Prem they didn't really spend much money (in terms of net spend) and Sportrac seem to think that its on Andre Grey and Tom Cleverley who are on big money.

And they've been trying to shift Grey for ages.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Christie is quite a versatile player, which could suit our mobile use of attacking players. Here are his appearances last season:

Screenshot_20210723-100247.png

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

21 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Christie is quite a versatile player, which could suit our mobile use of attacking players. Here are his appearances last season:

Screenshot_20210723-100247.png

I mean you make a good point but as we have Dowell and our new Frenchman who Farke has said is planning to move all around the pitch and aim to slot into number 10 from time to time just feels we have that position covered.

Anyway he is a decent player though and as I have said I would not say no and would not mind seeing him come here

Christie would be a really solid signing in my opinion. Gives us more depth in an area we look a little short still. Wouldn’t pay anything like £8m for him though 

4 hours ago, Herman said:

What other sides are in Perth as their competition for that particular accolade? 

9 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/ex-striker-wowed-by-aston-villa-source-update-today-on-talks-to-sign-cantwell/

Football Insider seemingly sticking with their claim about Todd to Villa...have not seen any of the local media picking up on this rumour so far, but surely they must do soon as this is the 2nd article FI have written about  Todd.

They can write a hundred articles, it doesn't make it true. 

Suggest you watch the pink Un stream following Farke's new deal in which Paddy Davitt said at that point in time, Norwich were not in negotiations with Villa over Cantwell.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

They can write a hundred articles, it doesn't make it true. 

Suggest you watch the pink Un stream following Farke's new deal in which Paddy Davitt said at that point in time, Norwich were not in negotiations with Villa over Cantwell.

Further to that, the article says he is entering the last year of his contract. We have the option to extend it until 2023. Plus there was the fact he was at the fans' dinner on Wednesday night talking about his love of the club and how much he's looking forward to playing in front of the Carrow Road fans again. I call bullsh*t on this one.

Not convinced we can be totally convinced about Todd yet but some positive words from him nonetheless.

Conflicting reports out there about Grealish joining Man City but this one says personal terms agreed, decision next week.

https://www.si.com/soccer/manchestercity/transfer-rumours/jack-grealish-agrees-personal-terms-with-man-city-player-offered-huge-contract-by-club

Sancho's move to Man Utd confirmed.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Further to that, the article says he is entering the last year of his contract. We have the option to extend it until 2023. Plus there was the fact he was at the fans' dinner on Wednesday night talking about his love of the club and how much he's looking forward to playing in front of the Carrow Road fans again. I call bullsh*t on this one.

"Big Daddy say bull, I say bull."

Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

Very very quiet this past week on the transfer front. No new names linked in the usual media places.

Are we looking at players who have possibly been involved in the Euro’s. Let’s hope so and Webber can work his magic.

36 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Very very quiet this past week on the transfer front. No new names linked in the usual media places.

Are we looking at players who have possibly been involved in the Euro’s. Let’s hope so and Webber can work his magic.

Not neccesarily, there are lots of other possibilities why its  a bit quiet right now, listening to both DF and SW recently its obvious  more business  needs to be done and likely will be done, but what was said by both is that patience  is needed to get the final few transfers done and dusted, be it 2, or 3 or 4 guys etc.  Absolutely they have the targets and are working on them as much as humanly possible but it could be 1 or 2 more may arrive before season kick off or  1 or 2 may arrive very late in the window, but SW did say he was confident of more coming in to the club. Whether they may be guys who were involved in the Euros is neither here nor there, but its natural to assume that in general the transfer market  slowly gathers pace after  such a tournament ends and as the transfer window  nudges closer its final  time line. The pandemic has no doubt had an effect on the general transfer window for all clubs i imagine.

Alan Nixon in the Sun on Sunday reporting Billing likely to Snub NFCC as he likes what Parkers doing at Bournemouth since he arrived, plus Norwich unwilling to meet their £15m valuation.

Read into it what you will :)

53 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Alan Nixon in the Sun on Sunday reporting Billing likely to Snub NFCC as he likes what Parkers doing at Bournemouth since he arrived, plus Norwich unwilling to meet their £15m valuation.

Read into it what you will 🙂

Good. Don't think he's what we needed at all especially at that price.

53 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Read into it what you will 🙂

That may turn out to be very good news. It's hard to see what he would offer beyond that which Lees-Melou has already demonstrated he has in his locker. Given PLM has cost us about a third of what Billings would cost I'm rather chuffed with yet another fantastic find by Webber and co. I would much rather we found ourselves a midfielder who is very definitely a defensive midfielder (Bournemouth fans clearly didn't rate Billings in that role).