Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

We absolutely do have a choice, perhaps not as much of a choice as other top flight colubs due to our selfish owners, but a choice none the less. 

Yes - if he wants to go, we have a choice between selling him for good money or letting him run his contract down and leaving for free. It's absolutely nothing to do with ownership - all clubs face the same issue - Ajer at Celtic, for example.

You might not have noticed but it's how we get players!

If Villa give us £20m for him we'll improve in that area with change to spare.

Todd is an excellent player and has been great for us but he's not signed an extension to his contract. 

It would be no surprise if he left. He's made for the 4231 that Villa play and with Grealish looking like he'll go we should be able to get a good fee.

Personally I couldn't care less if he goes to Villa or anywhere else. Good luck to him. Life goes on. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

We don't just "have to sell and move on." I don;lt get why so many of our fans seem to think we have no choice but to sell these players. We absolutely do have a choice, perhaps not as much of a choice as other top flight colubs due to our selfish owners, but a choice none the less. 

No we don't 

• Like 2

Forget the football squad. What this thread has shown, yet again, is that the squad of reaction emojis is woefully short. Among many others there is a crying need for:

A clearly defined ‘Laughing Hysterically At’ to differentiate it from a ‘Laughing Affectionately With’.

A ‘You are a pea-brained miserabilist idiot but I am not allowed to say that’.

A ‘Yes, I know I said the exact opposite two hours ago. What of it?’

A ‘You say our pauper owners are holding us back? Interesting. Not an argument I’ve heard before’.

A ‘No, the owners are not pocketing money from the club. If they were they wouldn’t be paupers now, would they?’

An all-purpose suicidal ‘Goodbye cruel world - I cannot take anymore’.

A ‘You do know the transfer window has only been open for one day, right?’

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Forget the football squad. What this thread has shown, yet again, is that the squad of reaction emojis is woefully short. Among many others there is a crying need for:

A clearly defined ‘Laughing Hysterically At’ to differentiate it from a ‘Laughing Affectionately With’.

A ‘You say our pauper owners are holding us back? Interesting. Not an argument I’ve heard before’.

A ‘No, the owners are not pocketing money from the club. If they were they wouldn’t be paupers now, would they?’

I 2nd this! Move to action please!! Anyone?!!

Can we add a tumbleweed emoticon too?

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

It depends (if we sell) what we do with the money. Certainly some of the Buendia money (hard to be exact) is helping us this window. Suppose, for the sake of argument, selling Cantwell enabled us now to buy a genuine starting striker as the longer-term replacement for Pukki, and Billing (since Webber and Farke seem very keen on him). Would we be then stronger, and with a better balanced squad, than if we kept Cantwell? I would have thought so.

I thought it was a given with Emi and I expected Max to have gone as well. But I felt Todd was the least of the transfer targets. And I thought that if we don't hang on this season, we would then sell him and bolster another Championship squad. If we are convinced that we are spending all the transfer money on good replacements then we may well have a stronger squad.

We just can't have it both ways forever.

• Like 1

If Todd goes (allowing us to keep Max) and we could get Billing and strengthen attack with someone to replace/challenge Pukki (Armstrong maybe), I don't think it would be a bad thing. We'd have Rashica, Billing & Lees as a threesome behind Pukki/an other

It might just be rumours though! 

Slightly off at a tangent I know, but do you think every club has supporters that are the clubs own equivalent of "flat-Earthers"?

44 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

If Todd goes (allowing us to keep Max) and we could get Billing and strengthen attack with someone to replace/challenge Pukki (Armstrong maybe), I don't think it would be a bad thing. We'd have Rashica, Billing & Lees as a threesome behind Pukki/an other

I think sometimes the dynamic of the team needs to change. I am not saying that I think we should be actively selling players, but sometimes a style can be adapted and with Dowell who plays similar to Todd do you want another wide player with pace? Maybe, and we will find out.

If we get big cash we can invest very heavily in good players, but it is a balance. I like what Todd can bring, I def think he can be a star and take on some of the supply that buendia could have delivered. But if we are going to change it up I can see why, with the contract situation, if a great offer comes in and we feel we can get a great replacement then it can work.

Looking forward to our next signing, I feel the CD, DM, ST are the signings we have all been waiting for as key signings that will be a focus for the season.

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

Armstrong isnt happening.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Is there an “everyone is entitled to opinion”

emoji too. That would really get under the skin of some Posters!

Edited by Dr Greenthumb
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Armstrong isnt happening.

cambridge, not knocking you, but do you know for a fact, stone cast, from sources within the club this isn't happening?

He's just an example, and at 24 can improve, but I have no idea if the club are realistically looking at him. 

3 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

cambridge, not knocking you, but do you know for a fact, stone cast, from sources within the club this isn't happening?

He's just an example, and at 24 can improve, but I have no idea if the club are realistically looking at him. 

He's linked to Southampton and Blackburn are not wlling to sell him for less than 20 million.

We are not signing a player for 20 million and he's not joining us to be benched for Pukki and have a chance at relegation when he can play regular football with Southampton in the Prem for years to come

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's linked to Southampton and Blackburn are not wlling to sell him for less than 20 million.

We are not signing a player for 20 million and he's not joining us to be benched for Pukki and have a chance at relegation when he can play regular football with Southampton in the Prem for years to come

I get that, but players are linked (we have no idea if Todd's going for example) all the time.

I agree though, players linked at the start of the window have appeared to have increased in value and we're gradually losing out with targets as they're out of our price brackets. I did say I liked Armstrong, but not that I expect we'll sign him.

Most of farke's signings go under the radar so will be interesting who he's planning to bring in, based on his recent comments

i Was told a one of our top youngsters was going After Emi left but i must Admit i thought it would be Max Not Todd 

if this is True of course 

Whoever leaves (Emi, Todd, etc) then, please understand, that, under this current regime, it is one (necessary because of the type of Club we are) step backwards to take 2 forwards. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Whoever leaves (Emi, Todd, etc) then, please understand, that, under this current regime, it is one (necessary because of the type of Club we are) step backwards to take 2 forwards. 

oh i Agree , we sold Emi and have bought some good players if we sell again say Todd it will fund more Players to help us stay up 

If I'm truly honest I expect Todd to go he seemed a little upset when the Leeds thing never happened and now Villa haven't been able to get Smith-Rowe for allegedly £30 million, then they could well turn there attention to Todd every club knows that we will start talks if the offer is around that sort of money Webber has said as much, I would be surprised if Aaron's is here by the end of the window also, this is the model of being a self sustaining club, Southampton sell their stars and buy to replace, if this happens we will do the same, no player is bigger than the club and we will continue to support. OTBC

2 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Or in reality, until you reach the absolute top, there will always be another club who can pay far higher wages.

That is a reflection on professional football, not us.

That is how we were able to sign Buendia, Godfrey, Lewis, McLean and most of our upcoming youth.

This is why virtually every club that is not self-sustaining also sells players (Kane).

52 minutes ago, tricky974 said:

If I'm truly honest I expect Todd to go he seemed a little upset when the Leeds thing never happened and now Villa haven't been able to get Smith-Rowe for allegedly £30 million, then they could well turn there attention to Todd every club knows that we will start talks if the offer is around that sort of money Webber has said as much, I would be surprised if Aaron's is here by the end of the window also, this is the model of being a self sustaining club, Southampton sell their stars and buy to replace, if this happens we will do the same, no player is bigger than the club and we will continue to support. OTBC

Southampton don’t sell three star players in the same window and if we did that (and I don’t think we will) it would be a disgrace. 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm not sure that Southampton are as safe as you seem to think

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Southampton don’t sell three star players in the same window and if we did that (and I don’t think we will) it would be a disgrace. 

14-15 Shaw, Lallana, Lovren (and Lambert)

16-17 Mane, Pelle and Wanyama

Irrelevant how they turned out at their respective future clubs, they were undoubtedly ‘star’ players for Southampton at time of leaving

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Irrelevant how they turned out at their respective future clubs, they were undoubtedly ‘star’ players for Southampton at time of leaving

How dare you prove a point with facts….don’t you know this is the land of the internet where ‘alternative facts’ become the truth once mentioned?

4 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Is there an “everyone is entitled to opinion”

emoji too. That would really get under the skin of some Posters!

Don’t forget a Happy Clapper emoji too. 

• Haha 1

Can’t help but feel the agent is massively driving this. After all, he wants a return for his investment. 

5 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Don’t forget a Happy Clapper emoji too. 

And the SRCI  emoji..... a moving one , making  it  rain banknotes, with Delia pole dancing.

7 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Came on feeling quite downbeat at the prospect of selling Max and Todd, but your reminder of Southampton has given me pause for thought. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Worth noting however this wasn’t their promotion season, it was Ronald Koman replace Poch in their third season stamping his own identity on a team which tumbled down the league thereafter finishing one point above relegation a couple of years later.

26 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Worth noting however this wasn’t their promotion season, it was Ronald Koman replace Poch in their third season stamping his own identity on a team which tumbled down the league thereafter finishing one point above relegation a couple of years later.

One point above relegation is an outcome we'd take all week long and twice on a Sunday.

8 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

@Jim Smith ....