Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

15 minutes ago, AJ said:

I wouldn't see it looks that, if I'm 21 and moving to the PL I'd be confident I could oust a 31 year old or at least give him a run for his money

You might not want to sign for a club that are favourites for promotion , who want a relegation clause in the contract . This is the reality of our negotiations at present . 

24 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

You might not want to sign for a club that are favourites for relegation , who want a relegation clause in the contract . This is the reality of our negotiations at present . 

Fixed

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

At least on the plus side us just randomily bidding 10 million out of the blue does at least put to bed the rumours we don't have much more to spend I guess

The article says we have bid, not how much and that WB want 10 million Euros. So the likely assumption is the bid is less, possibly much much less, and the player is warm to the move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

10 million for a striker whos gonna be on the bench for Pukki is an odd one.

No wonder he and his club rejected 

The argument has moved significantly on from that position/assumption.

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The argument has moved significantly on from that position/assumption.

So we need a new thread  then ?😉😇👍

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

So we need a new thread  then ?😉😇👍

No, we need more people to make 'haha new thread am I right haha comedy' jokes for what feels like the propped up rotting dead horse corpse being flogged for the three hundredth time 😉😇👍

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No, we need more people to make 'haha new thread am I right haha comedy' jokes for what feels like the propped up rotting dead horse corpse being flogged for the three hundredth time 😉😇👍

Shooting Stars Handbags Ooooh GIF | Gfycat

😉😀

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, NWC said:

Not for me, doesn’t do much in the game apart from a dead ball, totally overrated and petulant - can’t see him fitting in. 10mill is crazy money for him. 

He had a better season than Jacob Murphy did when we sold him for the same. Only two years older than Murphy was too, and Murphy was off the back of one good season. Wilson has had three. 

And, while I would take Rashica over him every day, there is a school of thought that a player that has already performed in England and scored 7 goals in the premier league would be less of a gamble than a guy from abroad coming off a bad season.

13 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Too petulant on the pitch. If you're going to have the odd strop, you'd better bring it like Buendia when composed. Wilson doesn't. Not even close.

Rather have an absolute **** of a defensive midfielder.

Out of interest, how many goals and assists would he have to make in a season for him to be close to "bringing it", in your opinion? I would also rather have **** of a defensive midfielder but I don't think it's either/or.

22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Jaysus, give a man support and he pokes you in the eye, I'll  flog that horse  as much as I want mainly cos I  am actively encouraging you to post more, not trying to get you to post less, it's not as if you're wasting valuable  resources  is it. Ffs start one on starting  threads for all I care, start another on whether you should start  a third.  Start a fourth  discussing threads one two and three... its gonna be great. Then maybe a poll thread to see which people prefer,bona fide  threads or threads about threads  . You could even do a " how the thread was made" special. Celebrity gogglebox on Cambridgeo  threads. Bear gryls  and Cambridgeo  survival threads. Britain's got Thread Talent. Piers Morgans Thread stories. 

😉😇👍

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krul Mistress said:

Out of interest, how many goals and assists would he have to make in a season for him to be close to "bringing it", in your opinion? I would also rather have **** of a defensive midfielder but I don't think it's either/or.

Not overly interested in the stats side of things as some of the most important things Buendia brought to the team weren't best summarised in statistics, namely his work rate, tenacity both in and out of possession, and sheer willingness to get himself involved.

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not overly interested in the stats side of things as some of the most important things Buendia brought to the team weren't best summarised in statistics, namely his work rate, tenacity both in and out of possession, and sheer willingness to get himself sent off.

There - fixed it🙂👍

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

You might not want to sign for a club that are favourites for promotion , who want a relegation clause in the contract . This is the reality of our negotiations at present . 

Yeah, but the supercomputer says we’ll stay up?

Got to admit it’s a little frustrating coming into this thread to read rumours and just more back and forth about buendia and who’s upset who.

Any chance we can just bring this back to its original purspose? Should be a fun and exciting time…

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Lots of noise Aaron’s could be off to either Arsenal or Athletico Madrid.

Realistically who could we bring in to fight with Bali Mumba for the right back spot.

We could certainly do a lot with £25-£30Million but I for one will be sad to see him go. Would like to see him go to Madrid by the way, not Arsenal!

2 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Realistically who could we bring in to fight with Bali Mumba for the right back spot.

We could certainly do a lot with £25-£30Million but I for one will be sad to see him go. Would like to see him go to Madrid by the way, not Arsenal!

I’m with you on that, would be far less galling if he went to Atletico, and would be a step up from the English sides rumoured! It certainly seems like there’s enough interest to get a little bidding war on the go at least.

25 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Norwich went for Brandon Williams on loan is Aarons is sold. Southampton recently pulled out of a deal for him due to the £2m loan fee - but I think it would still be a good deal for Norwich if he’s the starting right back. 

After the season is done then see if Mumba is ready to step up to the starting position or not. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Norwich went for Brandon Williams on loan is Aarons is sold. Southampton recently pulled out of a deal for him due to the £2m loan fee - but I think it would still be a good deal for Norwich if he’s the starting right back. 

After the season is done then see if Mumba is ready to step up to the starting position or not. 

Spot on Bethnal. I can see it playing out exactly like this too. Man Utd fans love him, and he has the ability to play both on right and the left so would be a very good addition should Max leave.

I thought Mumba looked good in the wingback position on Friday night, just so hard to judge what would happen if he was made to give it a go next season

If we wanted a solid replacement maybe Roberts from Swansea, the trouble with that is you’d be looking a decent lump of money and then where does that leave Mumba for the future?

For sure the noise for Aarons seems to be reaching a crescendo right now and if reports of the likes of Everton, Arsenal and Atletico being interested in him are true then SW can surely expect to demand top dollar for him. But then this  "X are interested in Max" scenario has been played out  before, with Spurs, Barca and Roma so we wait and see but Bethnal's suggestion  as to bringing Williams in for the season feels like it could be done.

27 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

For sure the noise for Aarons seems to be reaching a crescendo right now and if reports of the likes of Everton, Arsenal and Atletico being interested in him are true then SW can surely expect to demand top dollar for him. But then this  "X are interested in Max" scenario has been played out  before, with Spurs, Barca and Roma so we wait and see but Bethnal's suggestion  as to bringing Williams in for the season feels like it could be done.

If Max is not at least on the bench for Lincoln on Tuesday then I will start to worry, but yes the club puttiing Mumba on a big pedastool, giving him a big new long deal and putting out lots of interviews and promotional photos with him etc does say quite a lot, gven Max's absense from our meda too

• Like 1

Some noise around Aarons but nothing feels that ‘real’ yet.

Tottenham are known to hold a long term interest in him, but whether the new Sporting Director there shares that feeling is an unknown - also can’t see them dropping the kind of fee Norwich want.

How interested Arsenal or Atletico are is uncertain. Would a Spanish club really want to pay £25+ on an English right back with limited top tier experience? It feels really unlikely to me. I not sure Aarons really fits into what they want their full back to do either. Aarons is a good dribbler, but his crossing isn’t amazing and that is what attracted them to Trippier in the first place.

Doesn't feel like anything will happen soon as most possibilities seem to rely on other clubs selling players. Everton have already apparently been scared off once by the asking price, maybe they will come back (or Norwich will reduce their expectations) but not sure about it. 

I really wouldn’t be surprised if he is still a Norwich player once the window closes. But on the flip if someone is serious about getting him you can see it all getting sorted very quickly as Norwich aren’t scared of selling players. 

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If Max is not at least on the bench for Lincoln on Tuesday then I will start to worry, but yes the club puttiing Mumba on a big pedastool, giving him a big new long deal and putting out lots of interviews and promotional photos with him etc does say quite a lot, gven Max's absense from our meda too

Same with Omobamidele and Idah. Looks like those three are getting readied.

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This kind of stuff is rarely that important. The media team will not know the thinking of Webber and what his intentions are so best not to read too much into it. 

Norwich will always heavily promote the youth players as it is such a crucial part of the long-term vision of the club. 

Tiny little things get blown out of proportion massively in pre-season. 

The Michael Bailey piece today isn't hugely encouraging. 

Billing priority now but as with Ajer we're reluctant to go over £10m while Bournemouth want nearer to £15m.

Central defense is possibly going dry- our main targets are headed elsewhere and we're unsure if there is anyone within budget who would improve the first team and we're not sure on a younger loan due to Omobamidele.

Armstrong also likely out of price range and apparently a lot of our attacking plans revolved around getting Josh King in.

I think it has been evident for some weeks we are having an awful transfer window so far and I suspect it will get worse with the sale of Max A 

Very frustrating that again we are going to be cannon fodder in the premier league 

the wheels are coming off the self financing bus big style 

That is indeed pretty downbeat - somewhere along the line you kind of think if we want players we just maybe ought to pay the going rate; waiting is clearly an option but is dangerous as allows others to come in for them.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

the wheels are coming off the self financing bus big style 

Think I'd rather live in a wheelless bus than attempt to fly a broken-winged billionaire's unicorn