Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

Anyone that thinks we’re getting Skipp back on loan is mental.

He was fantastic for us in the Championship, granted.

But Billy Gilmour is another level of talent at this level, wait and see 👍

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, birchfest said:

It’s all gone a bit quiet at the moment… which going off how things have played out means something is probably going on. Most cursorily Webber wasn’t present at the game last night. Suggests to me something is going on, as I can’t think of many things that would keep the sporting director away from the very first preseason that’s 30 minutes up the road.

30 mins?  Which route do you use🙂?!

You’re not wrong though, he’d have usually been there… 

Edited by Branston Pickle

4 hours ago, Monty13 said:

This is a forum right? No I won’t retract my opinion but okay your honour.

Webber literally said:

“Despite us not wanting Emi to leave, once he made it clear that he wanted to go to Aston Villa, and they reached the level of deal we have got to, we were left with little option."

Where did you have evidence of us digging our heels in when Webber said exactly this?

The fact we sold him at the very start of the transfer window makes this pretty obvious, like I said it’s not a bad deal but it’s clear we didn’t hold out in the hopes of more, I’m fine with that. But look at what Celtic likely just did to us being stubborn on Ajer.

You're kidding right?
image.png.46f7b1923e259436334417b273ce21ad.png

The key bit being "and they reached the level of deal we have got to". You understand that means that there was back and forth. In other words, we dug our heels in and squeezed for more money. It certainly doesn't mean we accepted the first bid and ran for the hills.

It's literally there. The evidence isn't what you want it to be, it's contrary to what you are trying to say.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Nooooooooooooooo!

…..presumably as in ‘please god no’ rather than ‘oh no the bid was rejected’?!  I know nowt about him

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I know nowt about him

Ditto. Just had a quick peak at his wiki. His scoring record is ... uninspiring is the word I'm going for.

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Ditto. Just had a quick peak at his wiki. His scoring record is ... uninspiring is the word I'm going for.

I guess if SW/DF rate him we go with it…

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

At 21 it will be his potential we would be looking at. Anyhow, take a look at this -

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/josh-sargent-maturing-into-werder-bremen-s-main-man-usmnt-13685

Edited by lake district canary
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chicken said:

You're kidding right?
image.png.46f7b1923e259436334417b273ce21ad.png

The key bit being "and they reached the level of deal we have got to". You understand that means that there was back and forth. In other words, we dug our heels in and squeezed for more money. It certainly doesn't mean we accepted the first bid and ran for the hills.

It's literally there. The evidence isn't what you want it to be, it's contrary to what you are trying to say.

When did I say we accepted the first bid or that there wasn’t negotiations? 

Once again I haven’t got a problem with the deal we made, they came up with an acceptable offer, Emi got what he wanted and we got funds.

But there’s a difference between an acceptable amount and holding out for the maximum you possibly can. We could have made Villa wait all transfer window demanding more, the risk being they and nobody else would have paid it and we wouldn’t have had funds available to do our own business.

Really not getting the upset, I think the club did the right thing.

9 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Once again I haven’t got a problem with the deal we made, they came up with an acceptable offer, Emi got what he wanted and we got funds.

But there’s a difference between an acceptable amount and holding out for the maximum you possibly can. We could have made Villa wait all transfer window demanding more, the risk being they and nobody else would have paid it and we wouldn’t have had funds available to do our own business.

This being an 86 page thread, I'm not gonna search the bit that you wrote that instigated  the latest round of ' we shoulda/ coulda/ woulda got more money for emi' , but I remember  the  we didn't  dig our heels in for more bit .... yet you think we did the right thing. We didn't paint carrow rd blue  either.

Where were you going with the the heels stuff? Cos it seemed like  you went happy  and If someone's not happy.....I wanna know  why.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Monty13 said:

This is a forum right? No I won’t retract my opinion but okay your honour.

Webber literally said:

“Despite us not wanting Emi to leave, once he made it clear that he wanted to go to Aston Villa, and they reached the level of deal we have got to, we were left with little option."

Where did you have evidence of us digging our heels in when Webber said exactly this?

The fact we sold him at the very start of the transfer window makes this pretty obvious, like I said it’s not a bad deal but it’s clear we didn’t hold out in the hopes of more, I’m fine with that. But look at what Celtic likely just did to us being stubborn on Ajer.

You said “it’s also clear…” and now you’re saying it’s your opinion. The first statement you made implied clear fact, now it’s just what you think?

You have *no* idea what’s been said to Emi in the past, you have no idea what negotiations have taken place and when, but “it’s clear” that we haven’t dug our heels in? Like I said, BS.

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You said “it’s also clear…” and now you’re saying it’s your opinion. The first statement you made implied clear fact, now it’s just what you think?

You have *no* idea what’s been said to Emi in the past, you have no idea what negotiations have taken place and when, but “it’s clear” that we haven’t dug our heels in? Like I said, BS.

A little blunter than I called it but can't fault your reasoning Nuffo.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

A little blunter than I called it but can't fault your reasoning Nuffo.

Apologies if I was a bit OTT Monty. And I recognise you’ve said the deal was ok. But I still think anyone who tries to get the better of Webber in a negotiation is going to be on the losing side.

22 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

This being an 86 page thread, I'm not gonna search the bit that you wrote that instigated  the latest round of ' we shoulda/ coulda/ woulda got more money for emi' , but I remember  the  we didn't  dig our heels in for more bit .... yet you think we did the right thing. We didn't paint carrow rd blue  either.

Where were you going with the the heels stuff? Cos it seemed like  you went happy  and If someone's not happy.....I wanna know  why.

It was about Max, I said we didn’t dig our heels in with Emi but given we sold him and the number of high level clubs interested in Max we should. Apparently it was slanderous to suggest we didn’t dig our heels in with Emi for some reason.

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

It was about Max, I said we didn’t dig our heels in with Emi but given we sold him and the number of high level clubs interested in Max we should. Apparently it was slanderous to suggest we didn’t dig our heels in with Emi for some reason.

Not slanderous,  don't be dramatic,  you just don't have any evidence just suppositions.  If they are not challenged, for some they become fact. There be dragons. 

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Nooooooooooooooo!

Average rating of 4.17 in the Bundesliga last season with Werder Bremen. Yeah, that's.... not great. Rashica was at 3.75 or similar. Sargent cropped up with 3.91 the season before, and 4.50 the season before that, albeit from far fewer games.

(kicker uses the German model from 1 to 6 where 1 = exceptional and 6 = excrement, so the lower, the better).

Edited by TheGunnShow
Wanted to add more stats
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not slanderous,  don't be dramatic,  you just don't have any evidence just suppositions.  If they are not challenged, for some they become fact. There be dragons. 

I suppose my point was only that if we had wanted to drag things out to get the absolute maximum money possible, exactly like the Ajer situation, the very nature we sold him immediately at the very start of the window is evidence of not doing that.

5 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

So the issue is that you deem "digging our heels" in to mean dragging out a transfer for as long as possible which also equates to getting more for a transfer/maximising price.

These things do not all work in this way. Though you are applying this logic to Aarons, it still doesn't add up, in fact, less so with Aarons.

Why? 28 days until the start of the season. The window shuts on the 31st August. Do we really want to be losing a player after the start of the season if we can avoid it, and do we want to be scrabbling around to find a replacement from the lists of players that haven't yet moved when better targets have gone? No.

If we sell a player for £5m less but it enables us to buy a replacement now, that is acceptable rather than one out of desperation later down the line but we get £5m more, I know which I would prefer.

Digging your heels in doesn't have to last weeks or months.

Dragging out a transfer all window doesn't mean you'll get more.

Webber is a shrewd operator. The vast majority of our sales have been decent. Pritchard, for example, we got very good money for. The Murphy's both went for good money too. Maddison was competitive considering our predicament. Buendia was a good sale - though many people try to disagree. Godfrey as well - we sold him as a CB and he's largely played as a full back, though looking worth his transfer value. There is no evidence that Webber doesn't dig his heels in, he just doesn't drag things out, that we are aware of. That's all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

At 21 it will be his potential we would be looking at. Anyhow, take a look at this -

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/josh-sargent-maturing-into-werder-bremen-s-main-man-usmnt-13685

Thanks for that. Seems like he offers the sort of work rate that Farke mentions every time he speaks about Teemu Pukki 🤣 

Just now, Monty13 said:

I suppose my point was only that if we had wanted to drag things out to get the absolute maximum money possible, exactly like the Ajer situation, the very nature we sold him immediately at the very start of the window is evidence of not doing that.

We have no idea  how long negotiations  went on  before the deal was announced.  We don't know how long the peice of string is , so therefore we have no idea whether or not it's long enough to tie up our parcel.  

I really don't see this lad as the type of player we need, it maybe that the club or agent are trying to drum up interest.

25 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Apologies if I was a bit OTT Monty. And I recognise you’ve said the deal was ok. But I still think anyone who tries to get the better of Webber in a negotiation is going to be on the losing side.

It’s ok I’ve clearly not written my point in particular good way, I suppose it it’s also very semantic on what different people deem digging heels in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chicken said:

So the issue is that you deem "digging our heels" in to mean dragging out a transfer for as long as possible which also equates to getting more for a transfer/maximising price.

These things do not all work in this way. Though you are applying this logic to Aarons, it still doesn't add up, in fact, less so with Aarons.

Why? 28 days until the start of the season. The window shuts on the 31st August. Do we really want to be losing a player after the start of the season if we can avoid it, and do we want to be scrabbling around to find a replacement from the lists of players that haven't yet moved when better targets have gone? No.

If we sell a player for £5m less but it enables us to buy a replacement now, that is acceptable rather than one out of desperation later down the line but we get £5m more, I know which I would prefer.

Digging your heels in doesn't have to last weeks or months.

Dragging out a transfer all window doesn't mean you'll get more.

Webber is a shrewd operator. The vast majority of our sales have been decent. Pritchard, for example, we got very good money for. The Murphy's both went for good money too. Maddison was competitive considering our predicament. Buendia was a good sale - though many people try to disagree. Godfrey as well - we sold him as a CB and he's largely played as a full back, though looking worth his transfer value. There is no evidence that Webber doesn't dig his heels in, he just doesn't drag things out, that we are aware of. That's all.

Don’t really disagree with any of that Chicken, my point is 25 million or circa for Max is an absolute bargain and I’d be very disappointed if that’s what he goes for, regardless of the fact we of course need a replacement.

2 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Fully agree with this, but in my opinion the question as to whether it was the right decision to let him go early in the window probably for a lower amount than we could have received depends on whether the funds have been adequately spent and strengthened us, currently the answer, again in my opinion, is no, but I do suspect that will change by the end of the window. 

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Rashica being a former team mate may be a factor in this interest as they will already have experience of playing together.

2 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Rashica being a former team mate may be a factor in this interest as they will already have experience of playing together.

Yep, fair point - they'll have been together for a good two seasons if not a little more. Can't get that kind of partnership together with a few weeks on the training ground.

Bremen seem to have some financial issues after being relegated, so I suspect they're going to try and get a bidding war going.

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

10 million for a striker whos gonna be on the bench for Pukki is an odd one.

No wonder he and his club rejected 

It could be a similar situation to Gunn. He joins as the player to be groomed into Teemu's replacement. So while he starts out on the bench, as Teemu gets older, Josh would become our regular no 9.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

10 million for a striker whos gonna be on the bench for Pukki is an odd one.

No wonder he and his club rejected 

I wouldn't see it looks that, if I'm 21 and moving to the PL I'd be confident I could oust a 31 year old or at least give him a run for his money