Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

28 minutes ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Vaguely remember hearing he was a full-back but converted to a striker? Sure he's scored a few goals for the youngsters.

He was a winger on the right side, but did some emergency cover at right back when at Arsenal - as well as central midfield. Norwich moved him up to be a striker (as they love strikers in the academy). He was okay but didn't pull up any trees for the U23s. 5 goals in 20 odd games.

• Like 1

Interested in people's thoughts on this - 

At the moment our CMs are McLean, Gilmour, Rupp, Sorenson, Lees-Melou, Dowell (those playing centrally) - according to the Pinkun at lunchtime we want Billing (AM) and another DM. That would be 8 CMs for at most 3 positions (either in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3)

Do you not think we have too many players in this position? I am a big advocate for flexibility and adaptability but does seem one or two too many! 

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He was a winger on the right side, but did some emergency cover at right back when at Arsenal - as well as central midfield. Norwich moved him up to be a striker (as they love strikers in the academy). He was okay but didn't pull up any trees for the U23s. 5 goals in 20 odd games.

Not a bad return for an 18 year old tbf

2 hours ago, WSM said:

Interested in people's thoughts on this - 

At the moment our CMs are McLean, Gilmour, Rupp, Sorenson, Lees-Melou, Dowell (those playing centrally) - according to the Pinkun at lunchtime we want Billing (AM) and another DM. That would be 8 CMs for at most 3 positions (either in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3)

Do you not think we have too many players in this position? I am a big advocate for flexibility and adaptability but does seem one or two too many! 

Winger - not AM. And I'm not sure we are still after Billing, that seems to have quietened off. But it is DM and Winger. 

Arrons rumoured to be interesting Athletico Madrid to replace Trippier who is linked with Man Utd. 25m the quoted price. For me I would let him go at 25m and re-invest 5-8m in a new RB to compete with Mumba/Byram and then have 15m or so added to the transfer pot. Maybe enables us to get a new 1st choice striker to compete with Pukki.  

Just now, Yella Army said:

Arrons rumoured to be interesting Athletico Madrid to replace Trippier who is linked with Man Utd. 25m the quoted price. For me I would let him go at 25m and re-invest 5-8m in a new RB to compete with Mumba/Byram and then have 15m or so added to the transfer pot. Maybe enables us to get a new 1st choice striker to compete with Pukki.  

Certainly wouldn't begrudge Max a move to a European giant. He is, for me, the best of our recent academy products. I also wouldn't say no to an extra £25m in our transfer warchest and/or stadium expansion budget.

Now that it’s looking near certain we won’t be getting Skipp back on loan, which of muted prem links can we use our final slot on?

Young centre backs have been mentioned, but with our own in the building we’d need someone who can contribute in the starting line up - not someone in major need of development. Perhaps one of the Liverpool youngsters? Phillips…

He’s not a new name but Harvey Elliot from Liverpool as well would fill Buendia’s departure fairly neatly.

If Aarons goes we’ll have a new right back needed, sad to see Bryam missing 1-2 weeks at start of pre-season. Not seeing him up to speed leaves it more of a risk to rely upon him… go for Brandon Williams and try and guzump Southampton?

How about Delap from Man City? Fighting with Pukki and Idah.

Edited by Decemberists

19 minutes ago, Yella Army said:

25 million seems low to me, even with significant add ons. I think of the three we were potentially going to lose this window, Max is the most valuable personally, so I’d expect any deal to at least match Buendia.

Would in no way begrudge him this move, but Norwich need to get top dollar out of any transfer that allows us to rebuild immediately. Really like Mumba but don’t see him starting every week in the PL and there’s no telling if Byram will recover his form of over a year ago.

57 minutes ago, Yella Army said:

30 mill plus or riot 

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

30 mill plus or riot 

If other clubs (e.g. Celtic) can dig in on their price then so should we. Webber said £30m minimum and don't see why that should change.

48 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

25 million seems low to me, even with significant add ons. I think of the three we were potentially going to lose this window, Max is the most valuable personally, so I’d expect any deal to at least match Buendia.

Would in no way begrudge him this move, but Norwich need to get top dollar out of any transfer that allows us to rebuild immediately. Really like Mumba but don’t see him starting every week in the PL and there’s no telling if Byram will recover his form of over a year ago.

Max is an excellent player but right backs aren't worth as much as a player who provides goals and assists, like Buendia. Especially at a time when there are so many talented rb options out there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yella Army said:

This was also a rumour back in Feb/March and I think has resurfaced via the Mirror. So I would take with a pinch of salt at this point.

45 minutes ago, Decemberists said:

Now that it’s looking near certain we won’t be getting Skipp back on loan, which of muted prem links can we use our final slot on?

Young centre backs have been mentioned, but with our own in the building we’d need someone who can contribute in the starting line up - not someone in major need of development. Perhaps one of the Liverpool youngsters? Phillips…

He’s not a new name but Harvey Elliot from Liverpool as well would fill Buendia’s departure fairly neatly.

If Aarons goes we’ll have a new right back needed, sad to see Bryam missing 1-2 weeks at start of pre-season. Not seeing him up to speed leaves it more of a risk to rely upon him… go for Brandon Williams and try and guzump Southampton?

How about Delap from Man City? Fighting with Pukki and Idah.

I'd say we need a centre back, defensive midfielder, winger and striker. I'd prefer a more experienced player in the two defensive positions (and by experienced, I'm talking mid-twenties ideally rather than someone in their twilight years) so that would mean an attacking player on loan.

Elliott would be ideal, in my opinion. Delap is highly rated but I'm less convinced. Could we convince Man Utd to loan us Amad Diallo for some regular football, or maybe Arsenal to loan us Reiss Nelson who seems to have gone off the radar a bit?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

4 goals in his last 4 games when converted to striker in a very young U23 side. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'd say we need a centre back, defensive midfielder, winger and striker. I'd prefer a more experienced player in the two defensive positions (and by experienced, I'm talking mid-twenties ideally rather than someone in their twilight years) so that would mean an attacking player on loan.

Elliott would be ideal, in my opinion. Delap is highly rated but I'm less convinced. Could we convince Man Utd to loan us Amad Diallo for some regular football, or maybe Arsenal to loan us Reiss Nelson who seems to have gone off the radar a bit?

Yeah, I think that makes sense regarding defensive experience. Especially if a DM is partnered with Gilmour.

On 15/07/2021 at 08:22, BobLoz3 said:

Dunno if you enjoy fast, raging punk? If so, check out the new Bootlicker record and also Slant. Amazing stuff!

Geld are an awesome band in the same kinda vein. As are Gulch. 

I like all sorts of different styles of music but these records have really grabbed me of late.

Yes mate! Thanks for the tip offs. I need something new in that vein, it’s been too long! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

4 goals in his last 4 games when converted to striker in a very young U23 side. 

He has done well For an 18 year old being changed positions and moving up to u23s, pretty sure he got a few in the efl Cup Too

52 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Max is an excellent player but right backs aren't worth as much as a player who provides goals and assists, like Buendia. Especially at a time when there are so many talented rb options out there.

Wan-Bissaka went for 45 million, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect more than 25 for Max.

Its also clear we didn’t dig our heels in on Buendia, we didn’t get a bad deal but it was certainly an expedited one to release funds, I don’t see the same situation now. We can hold out especially considering the names being linked with Max are significantly bigger ones than were linked with Emi. 

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

Wan-Bissaka went for 45 million, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect more than 25 for Max.

Its also clear we didn’t dig our heels in on Buendia, we didn’t get a bad deal but it was certainly an expedited one to release funds, I don’t see the same situation now. We can hold out especially considering the names being linked with Max are significantly bigger ones than were linked with Emi. 

I call BS. Give us some evidence or retract.

• Like 1

wow Monty...does it matter if a club digs its heels in or not?..Webber said the min for our golden boys would start with a 3...presumably 30 mill...Villa deal was 33 mill with possible add ons etc pushing it to 38 mill...no heels needed to be dug as Villa paid the asking price City wanted. End of.

Harry Wilson available for £10m apparently. Always thought he looked decent, 19 goal involvements last year for Cardiff and has scored in the prem before. I think we could do a lot worse.

I hate these rumours. They make me think £25M would give us Armstrong and a RB. I want two top drawer strikers on field to smite our enemies.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

I call BS. Give us some evidence or retract.

This is a forum right? No I won’t retract my opinion but okay your honour.

Webber literally said:

“Despite us not wanting Emi to leave, once he made it clear that he wanted to go to Aston Villa, and they reached the level of deal we have got to, we were left with little option."

Where did you have evidence of us digging our heels in when Webber said exactly this?

The fact we sold him at the very start of the transfer window makes this pretty obvious, like I said it’s not a bad deal but it’s clear we didn’t hold out in the hopes of more, I’m fine with that. But look at what Celtic likely just did to us being stubborn on Ajer.

2 hours ago, Krul Mistress said:

Harry Wilson available for £10m apparently. Always thought he looked decent, 19 goal involvements last year for Cardiff and has scored in the prem before. I think we could do a lot worse.

Not for me, doesn’t do much in the game apart from a dead ball, totally overrated and petulant - can’t see him fitting in. 10mill is crazy money for him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krul Mistress said:

Too petulant on the pitch. If you're going to have the odd strop, you'd better bring it like Buendia when composed. Wilson doesn't. Not even close.

Rather have an absolute **** of a defensive midfielder.

5 hours ago, Krul Mistress said:

I'm going to go against the grain here by saying that Harry Wilson for £10m would be a decent signing for a bottom third Premier League team. I'm not quite sure he'd fit into our style and system that well, but I wouldn't say no to him at that price.

It’s all gone a bit quiet at the moment… which going off how things have played out means something is probably going on. Most cursorily Webber wasn’t present at the game last night. Suggests to me something is going on, as I can’t think of many things that would keep the sporting director away from the very first preseason that’s 30 minutes up the road.