Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

weewee.png

Have a look at his transfermarkt stats, Wikipedia doesn’t seem to be very accurate 

As ever with highlight reels, they show the good side. Looks like he fancies a smash from outside the box (I like that, we're often guilty of trying to walk the ball in), looks like he's got plenty of pace, and also looks like he likes a drag-back flick around the corner to hit spaces or set someone free.

Pierre Lees-Melou - Insane Tackles & Assists | Nice | 2021 - YouTube

Edited by TheGunnShow

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

To be fair if we do get him regardless 5 million euros (around 3 million pounds?) Thats a hell of a bargain given players like Ajer are being touted for 20 million..

More like £4.25m at the moment as the Euro has risen against the pound since Brexit, but still a very reasonable price and considerably less than the £10m being asked for Billing and I'd guess more reasonable wages as well. A solid if not hugely exciting signing if it happens.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

Just now, kirku said:

You've met our fans, right? 🤣

Fair point. Farke-life was a prime example! 😉

24 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Fair point. Farke-life was a prime example! 😉

To be fair, you trying saying Omobamidele in a Norfolk accent without having a seizure..

Nothing new on the internet on this one. Wonder how much truth their is in it, giving that it came from French supporter chat on Twitter. Any news bethnal?

1 hour ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

More like £4.25m at the moment as the Euro has risen against the pound since Brexit, but still a very reasonable price and considerably less than the £10m being asked for Billing and I'd guess more reasonable wages as well. A solid if not hugely exciting signing if it happens.

Distinctly meh I would say. Don't think there is anything in this.

4 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Nothing new on the internet on this one. Wonder how much truth their is in it, giving that it came from French supporter chat on Twitter. Any news bethnal?

PinkUn boys seem doubtful on the Q&A - but the Nice account mentioned it before the flight from Nice to Norwich was spotted. Could be nothing but those two things at the same moment seems a bit of a coincidence to me. (Without knowing how many private jets go from Nice to Norwich of course). All part of the fun of a summer transfer window.

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

PinkUn boys seem doubtful on the Q&A - but the Nice account mentioned it before the flight from Nice to Norwich was spotted. Could be nothing but those two things at the same moment seems a bit of a coincidence to me. (Without knowing how many private jets go from Nice to Norwich of course). All part of the fun of a summer transfer window.

The Pink Un boys never knew anything about Rashica either..it would be typical of SW's under the radar abilities for such a guy as Lees-Mellou to sign for City but yea...as of now nothing is proven or disproven.

seems he's on his way then... looks a Stiepermann replacement. Probably means Billing is too expensive for us.

Can't say I've got much of an opinion either way, has a fairly average record in France ligue un.

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

seems he's on his way then... looks a Stiepermann replacement. Probably means Billing is too expensive for us.

Can't say I've got much of an opinion either way, has a fairly average record in France ligue un.

Not a Stiepermann replacement, competition for McLean. Lees-Melou is not an attacking midfielder.

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Not a Stiepermann replacement, competition for McLean. Lees-Melou is not an attacking midfielder.

More like a Vrancic with his range of passing?

Just now, WD40 said:

More like a Vrancic with his range of passing?

Nope, he isn't known as being a particularly good passer. As I said, he is like Kenny and would be to provide competition in that 8 role - and possibly play alongside Kenny if Norwich go for a 4-3-3

• Like 1

looks a tidy player - more helping connecting and disrupting play than necessarily bagging lots of goals and assists

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Lol we can discuss RvW another day - my point was actually in regard to a poster above who said his wikipedia stats (ie goals and assists) didn't look great - the video shows he isn't that sort of player really

Ah well - I trust Webber to improve the squad - with Covid though its reels and highlights probably a bit like these that they are using to decide on potential targets

I'm not sure we really need a Nice midfielder – I think we'd be better off with a nasty one...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Nope, he isn't known as being a particularly good passer. As I said, he is like Kenny and would be to provide competition in that 8 role - and possibly play alongside Kenny if Norwich go for a 4-3-3

So more of a Tettey replacement in terms of the squad?

21 minutes ago, WSM said:

Lol we can discuss RvW another day - my point was actually in regard to a poster above who said his wikipedia stats (ie goals and assists) didn't look great - the video shows he isn't that sort of player really

Ah well - I trust Webber to improve the squad - with Covid though its reels and highlights probably a bit like these that they are using to decide on potential targets

I know I know, I'm just joking with you- As we know any player can look great with an editied short video.. Yes, even Phil Jones 😉

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

So with McCallum going out, surely we’ll be getting in another LB?

Big big shame, yet another one I was hoping would make a 1st team breakthrough and be on for the future joins the loan army..

2 hours ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

A solid if not hugely exciting signing if it happens.

Surely a squad player if nothing else. I'm feeling particularly meh all over today and this falls straight into that category, but more often than not these are the players that sometimes shine. Though a fairly average career in Ligue 1 does not feel me with much all encompassing hope. 

More than anything I want Norwich to stay up for at least one season, so far the incomings haven't hugely inspired me with much confidence. 

And before anyone else bangs the Rashica coup drum at me, RvW was also supposed to be a coup. So I reserve the right to be somewhat tentative. 

Edited by Danke bitte
Cynicism
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

So more of a Tettey replacement in terms of the squad?

I can't help feeling that the players coming in suggest a tweak in our tactics like a a 4-3-2-1 or a 4-3-3, which could also explain our interest in Lees-Melou as a player who carries the ball forward rather than passing it. Gilmour also has that capability. Like Gilmour at Chelsea, Rashica played in a 3-4-2-1 at Werder Bremen.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I know I know, I'm just joking with you- As we know any player can look great with an editied short video.. Yes, even Phil Jones 😉

ahha fair enough! But yes certainly a fair point - looking forward to seeing him in person! 

Phil Jones is an incredible player what are you talking about?!?!

55 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Dont know if the local media guys have actually tried to dig this info from City themselves or if they are just going on the news that you brought into this forum Beth, but either way if it transpires that Lees-Melou is on his way or even an interest for the club its a feather in your cap for finding it before anyone else. Well done.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

So with McCallum going out, surely we’ll be getting in another LB?

Why?..we have Dimi as our main and Sorensen has proved himself adequate there.