Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

53 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Winks was an England regular until Mourinho destroyed him... if he does leave Spurs I'd be surprised if he didn't have suitors higher up the league. Would be even more of a coup than Skipp.

maybe i was aiming a little high !!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, tricky974 said:

If we bring in Ajer and Billing is that us done and if so do you think it's enough to stay up?

I hope not but fear it might be (unless Max goes), but if it is us done then I hope it is enough.  I do feel we’d need a bit more…..

Edited by Branston Pickle

I was thinking we need more and I know we still have the loan spot left which seems is being left I case Skipp is available, I just hope that our pockets are deep enough to really have a good go this season.

• Like 1

Being reported tonight up in Scotland that we’re going back in with an increased £12mil bid for Ajer. Celtic have identified a replacement, Mario Vuskovic, who has been left out of Hajduk Split’s last pre season friendly seemingly as a move to Celtic now looks imminent. Looks like we might see something happen in the coming days boys and girls.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/kris-ajer-new-norwich-transfer-24458729

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It does beg the question - why don’t we just go for this Vuskovic if he’s any good?!

Let’s not stop there, Branston - we should just go in for whoever Hajduk Split’s Vuskovic replacement is!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

His cv looks ok - only 19 and plays for Croatia u21, perhaps one for a few years time, let Celtic bring him on a bit 🙂.

Agree with that Branston..Ajer looks to be ready for the Prem but the guy Celtic are bidding on is a 19 year old maybe suited for our U23..or Celtic's 1st team.

11 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i would have a look at Harry Winks instead of Skipp 

Villa are after him but i think he would be a Excellant signing did not play much last season 

i dont know his Injury record or wages but if that was all ok i would have a look 

Winks is horribly over-rated IMHO, don't know how he every got the call-up's he did, has been mediocre for Spurs, and having spoken to a number of their fans, they tend to agree, and ironically said we'd taken the better player on loan and that they'd rather we'd had Winks instead of Skipp!

I'd take Skipp every day over Winks tbh.

• Like 2

Kicker in Germany reporting that Norwich made a move for Ihlas Bebou, but he rejected the move. Not clear if this is old news though and maybe someone Norwich considered before Rashica joined as they are fairly similar players (although Bebou is more of a striker).

https://www.kicker.de/norwich-blitzt-bei-bebou-ab-4000000039338/transfermeldung

Edit: PunkUn just now saying it is not true.

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Pink'Un reporting we have gone from 10 to now making a 12 million offer bid for Ajer.

Seems we very much in for him 

PinkUn reporting that someone else is reporting that Norwich have upped their bid - very important difference.

20 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

You'd imagine that it would be announced today, considering the players are due to return to preseason training tomorrow.

Re: Cantwell, I hope either signs a new contract or just says that he doesn't intend on extending it - in which case we can sell now and get decent money for him. It would be a joke for him to spend the last 12 months telling the media how he loves the club and how his family all support Norwich, only for him to mess us around. I'm sure it's his agent but, even if that's the case, TC still has the right to make his own decision.

As did Darren Huckerby.

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

PinkUn reporting that someone else is reporting that Norwich have upped their bid - very important difference.

Big Dave down the pub never lies 😉

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Pink'Un reporting we have gone from 10 to now making a 12 million offer bid for Ajer.

Is Ajer as big as Dan Byrne from Brighton? If not, I'm not interested! 

11 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Kicker in Germany reporting that Norwich made a move for Ihlas Bebou, but he rejected the move. Not clear if this is old news though and maybe someone Norwich considered before Rashica joined as they are fairly similar players (although Bebou is more of a striker).

https://www.kicker.de/norwich-blitzt-bei-bebou-ab-4000000039338/transfermeldung

Edit: PunkUn just now saying it is not true.

Kicker's a good source as well, usually.

I wonder whether we're being used as a stalking horse with Ajer, and a bigger European club will come in for him?

He looks very good on the highlights reel so I definitely get why we're interested. I hope also it's not a van D ike situation where he's not actually a realistic target for us. 

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It is not clear to me from the reports that we have actually increased our basic bid.

16 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I wonder whether we're being used as a stalking horse with Ajer, and a bigger European club will come in for him?

He looks very good on the highlights reel so I definitely get why we're interested. I hope also it's not a van D ike situation where he's not actually a realistic target for us. 

Interestingly enough, Stuart Hodge (a Scottish commentator who's been on various ncfc podcasts) doesn't rate him that highly and actually prefers him as a dcm.

That would actually give us a lot of flexibility in both central defense and midfield - something Michael Bailey mentioned in his most recent article.

44 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yep, to be fair, that info reported by the Pink’un today was already all over the Scottish press last night, and then subsequently on here, about the increase in bid from £10mil to a fresh bid of £12mil. And the clues are that Celtic have Ajer’s Croatian replacement ready to sign. Very promising indeed.

Was listening to the most recent Pinkun podcast and Paddy was saying we don't need another striker. I must respectfully disagree. I don't believe Hugill is Premier League quality, Pukki cannot be undroppable this season and I simply don't rate Idah as being "enough". It's a shame the club have chosen to cut their losses on Soto as I'd hoped we had a good talent there, we need a Tammy Abrahams type finisher who has an eye for goal and can be relied to put ball in net when Pukki is misfiring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Was listening to the most recent Pinkun podcast and Paddy was saying we don't need another striker. I must respectfully disagree. I don't believe Hugill is Premier League quality, Pukki cannot be undroppable this season and I simply don't rate Idah as being "enough". It's a shame the club have chosen to cut their losses on Soto as I'd hoped we had a good talent there, we need a Tammy Abrahams type finisher who has an eye for goal and can be relied to put ball in net when Pukki is misfiring.

Rashica has played striker many times so can cover there if needed.

It's not that Norwich don't 'need' a striker, it is just that getting one who is good enough to provide cover for Pukki, but doesn't cost £10m is an incredibly difficult task. There is also the issue that attracting a striker to come to Norwich to be back-up will also be difficult. Once you factor those two caveats in, then the likelihood is you aren't going to get a player who Norwich consider is better than they already have in the building with Idah and Hugil. 

I suspect that if Aarons is sold, then part of the money coul be put towards a striker if the right player is available but it is not considered a priority ahead of the most obvious positions that need upgrading, like central midfield and defense. Norwich's interest in Armstrong shows they aren't completely ruling it out, but they just need a few other things to happen first.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I guess Idah is a couple of years older, Rashica can take some of the burden and Hugill is being given a chance.

We have more pressing needs at CB and CM that we are addressing first so maybe once they are sorted we'll look again.

Problem we have is who is going to come in and be clear back up to Pukki? we tried with Drmic last time and he never got going so ended up just being an expensive flop even if there was no transfer fee.

I'd maybe suggest trying to get someone like Nketiah on loan but I can't see him agreeing to it unless there's a clear 1st choice slot available. We'd maybe struggle to attract someone any better than Idah anyway.

You could go down the Ola Toivonen type route and get someone who can play both striker or number 10 but then you'll struggle to get anyone that's going to be effective enough to challenge Pukki to lead the line.

If there was interest in Hugill then sure we should look at someone like Kiefer Moore to replace him or Johnson Clarke-Harris. A proper physical work horse that could ruffle a few feathers of prem defenders more used to dealing with technically proficient strikers than more physical ones. It wouldn't be cheap though.

14 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Tammy Abraham that despite not getting close to Chelsea's side is still going to cost £40m? 

We've been through this again and again and again. Getting a good striker that can score goals, happy to sit on the bench at a price that suits our budget is just unrealistic. 

Edited by TheGoogler

If Ajer doesn't happen, hows about Joe Rodon at Spurs? I know this isn't a sweet shop, but he looks like he has similar attributes and may cost very similar and Nuno Santo may be tempted this early in his reign  

8 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Tammy Abraham that despite not getting close to Chelsea's side is still going to cost £40m? 

We've been through this again and again and again. Getting a good striker that can score goals, happy to sit on the bench at a price that suits our budget is just unrealistic. 

He did say a Tammy Abrahams type of player, rather than Tammy Abrahams.

I do wonder if our second loan spot could go to a backup striker, someone who is 3-4th choice at parent club who won’t mind settling for substitute appearances because it’s game time or as development. Someone like Broja perhaps if we return to the Chelsea connection