Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Would be good news but seems unlikely for it to be done at this stage!

If (a big IF) this is true then it will be the best signing we will make for me. Best centre mid I've watched for many a year.

And if he happened to be one of say 6 or 7 signings (Angus included) I would feel far happier about next season. 

I'm excited about who we may bring in I must admit given all the noises about the place. Normally the talk around clubs is about the timing being difficult blah blah blah but this time we seemed to have had a few of those drip, drip positive noises about players agreeing terms and ambition - that kind of thing.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

Odd that Ma****er, who previously seemed to have an in with Webber, put the Dutch lad out there today only to have it immediately shut down.

Seems to be the pinkun and athletic boys that get the “official” gossip now? 👍🏽

20 minutes ago, king canary said:

Odd that Ma****er, who previously seemed to have an in with Webber, put the Dutch lad out there today only to have it immediately shut down.

Maybe he got 'on the record' and 'off the record' mixed up

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, you really just gonna throw that in here with no sources or anything to back it up

Yes - you will see 

An exciting name to be linked with, certainly shows the calibre of player we seem to want. That said, my only worry is that we might be walking into that same situation we had, I believe under Hughton, where we were linked with fantastic names but were unable to get them in the building as we were seen too much of a risk by the player. I’m not being negative, I’m really excited about this window… it’s just something I’m acutely aware of and I’m hoping all the noise about more impressive signings isn’t going to fade as some of the higher end targets say no potentially. 

Anyway, hopefully the ‘moved on’ to other targets is just talk for the fact they had 2/3 prime candidates and one of the others was looking like it was about be finished.

It’s funny, I think we are all getting a little impatient and then I’m sure in the space of one week I could see 2 or more players suddenly coming in. Almost there now…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Yes - you will see 

If you were that certain you’d tell us who/what your source is. Considering you also started a thread with some pretty woeful kit designs in it that you made because you were bored, I don’t think you’re someone with inside knowledge of what would be one of our biggest signings of the season.

12 hours ago, king canary said:

Does seem he is now out of the loop on Norwich matters. I think it was him that broke the 'Norwich and Leeds are in talks for Cantwell' story, which also turned out to be untrue.

The PinkUn and Athletic are so well informed this summer it seems they are the only ones really worth listening to and Norwich seem very intent on shutting down false rumours - which is probably around expectation management with fans as much as anything else.

With Berghuis having a release clause that is around €4m, Norwich would be foolish to not at least give his agent a call and see if the player is interested - I guess the agent has then used that call to try and promote his player to other Premier League clubs. 

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Does seem he is now out of the loop on Norwich matters. I think it was him that broke the 'Norwich and Leeds are in talks for Cantwell' story, which also turned out to be untrue.

The PinkUn and Athletic are so well informed this summer it seems they are the only ones really worth listening to and Norwich seem very intent on shutting down false rumours - which is probably around expectation management with fans as much as anything else.

With Berghuis having a release clause that is around €4m, Norwich would be foolish to not at least give his agent a call and see if the player is interested - I guess the agent has then used that call to try and promote his player to other Premier League clubs. 

My guess is that's exactly what happened, especially considering that the Euros are on, so ready-made shop window for Berghuis to up his wages if he shops around.

1 hour ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

If you were that certain you’d tell us who/what your source is. Considering you also started a thread with some pretty woeful kit designs in it that you made because you were bored, I don’t think you’re someone with inside knowledge of what would be one of our biggest signings of the season.

Actually, the last thing he’d do is give away his source, for obvious reasons it’d be a bit foolish to put a name out that you’d likely not believe anyway. I’ll give YoboCop the benefit of the doubt myself, and hopefully his info is correct as we’d all love Skippy back here!

39 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Regarding Nick Mas h iter, I’m starting to wonder if it ever was Webber feeding him the info in the first place, rather a club insider and that insider has now been rumbled.

I only say this because having worked for a well known band, one of their tricks for finding out whether a previously ‘unknown to the band’ new employee can be trusted to keep sensitive information etc under wraps is to feed them specific false info, and see where it ends up (if anywhere) I.e ‘a source close to the band’. If that info appears anywhere then it’s P45 in the morning 👍

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Regarding Nick Mas h iter, I’m starting to wonder if it ever was Webber feeding him the info in the first place, rather a club insider and that insider has now been rumbled.

I only say this because having worked for a well known band, one of their tricks for finding out whether a previously ‘unknown to the band’ new employee can be trusted to keep sensitive information etc under wraps is to feed them specific false info, and see where it ends up (if anywhere) I.e ‘a source close to the band’. If that info appears anywhere then it’s P45 in the morning 👍

I thought they had a recognised relationship when Webber came here? More likely their relationship just broke down for some reason, or Webber feels he can control the narrative better with local press and bailey since all of the nationals will just use those as their sources anyway.

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/dec/13/coleen-rooney-wagatha-christie-waggate-rebekah-vardy

2 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I thought they had a recognised relationship when Webber came here? More likely their relationship just broke down for some reason, or Webber feels he can control the narrative better with local press and bailey since all of the nationals will just use those as their sources anyway.

Don’t get me wrong, I actually think yours and Bethnals thoughts here are far more likely. But I would be pretty confident that you’d find Webber may well do this sort of thing I.e a conversation in front of say a new chef serving food at the training ground with the mention of a players name etc thrown in for good measure. In this day and age, it’s a particularly good way of finding out who can be trusted when presented with potentially sensitive information. 

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Don’t get me wrong, I actually think yours and Bethnals thoughts here are far more likely. But I would be pretty confident that you’d find Webber may well do this sort of thing I.e a conversation in front of say a new chef serving food at the training ground with the mention of a players name etc thrown in for good measure. In this day and age, it’s a particularly good way of finding out who can be trusted when presented with potentially sensitive information. 

Don't think that would be the case this this one- the archant view is that this guy was a target but not any more so it wouldn't be leaking flase info out, just slightly behind. 

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Don't think that would be the case this this one- the archant view is that this guy was a target but not any more so it wouldn't be leaking flase info out, just slightly behind. 

Yep agreed, KC - I completely understand that in this kind of scenario there will be controlled leaks by Webber as it appeared initially with the journalist in question, and perhaps other times too when it suits us to do so, just I’m sure there’s also other times when that info shouldn’t be made out into the public domain.

21 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Without taking the purpose of the thread off topic, I’m not sure why Colleen Rooney had to block every party on Instagram when she was allegedly only spilling the (false) beans to one person via private message, Rebekah Vardy?

19 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Without taking the purpose of the thread off topic, I’m not sure why Colleen Rooney had to block every party on Instagram when she was allegedly only spilling the (false) beans to one person via private message, Rebekah Vardy?

It wasn’t private message I thought, her account was set to private and only her followers (presumably a small group) could see her posts or stories. So these would have been broadcast to all her followers if she hadn’t restricted it to Vardy’s account only. 

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

It wasn’t private message I thought, her account was set to private and only her followers (presumably a small group) could see her posts or stories. So these would have been broadcast to all her followers if she hadn’t restricted it to Vardy’s account only. 

Ahh I get you WD40 - didn’t realise it wasn’t a public Instagram, so that makes total sense 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Sun reporting Norwich are leading the chase to land Billy Gilmour on loan.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15357826/billy-gilmour-norwich-loan-scotland-covid-chelsea/

Be a curious one with McClean and Sorrenson already on the books. A great talent no doubt, but just seems a little too much like a luxury that ultimately won’t be staying with us beyond a season.

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Paddy confirming it...

Hanley having a word in his ear right now - from about 6 feet away of course

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

The old Wagatha Christie technique?

This just in:

I heard from a reputable source that we're reconsidering signing an actual footballer and instead are promoting in-house from the club's catering department, as we need someone to put something on a plate for Pukki next season.

I was seriously impressed by him against England the other day. A very special talent, and I think something a bit different in midfield. Hopefully McLean and Hanley are working on convincing him Carrow Road is the place for him and Farke is letting Tuchel know just how much we'd love him here too! Although I suspect we can forget Skipp joining if we then sign Gilmour and Williams, given you can only have two domestic loans at once.

12 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Sun reporting Norwich are leading the chase to land Billy Gilmour on loan.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15357826/billy-gilmour-norwich-loan-scotland-covid-chelsea/

I’ve thought from very early on the deal made sense given connections to Tuchel, our promotion of youth, and the Scottish internationals we have. 

I know you weren’t a fan when this has been suggested by others Bethnal, has your mind changed?

5 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Be a curious one with McClean and Sorrenson already on the books. A great talent no doubt, but just seems a little too much like a luxury that ultimately won’t be staying with us beyond a season.

But that’s exactly the kind of luxury you make space for, Birchy. And you can be sure he will play with passion and hunger because he has to keep impressing not only Chelsea but Scotland too. If we stay up, and he goes back at the end of a successful season then job done - we will build further. 

Had a feeling he’d be a player we would be looking at. Sounds like it’s got some legs now, and for sure big Grant will be selling the club to him as the best place to get game time playing football like how footballers like playing. Not sure how much say Tuchel will have, I would imagine a fair bit as he chooses who plays in the first 11 but given his ties with Farke then you’d have to say we’re in the driving seat.

Just now, WD40 said:

I’ve thought from very early on the deal made sense given connections to Tuchel, our promotion of youth, and the Scottish internationals we have. 

I know you weren’t a fan when this has been suggested by others Bethnal, has your mind changed?

No, I still think his best position is in a midfield three, which Norwich don't play, and his style is that of a much more patient build up approach compared to Farke's style. But if Norwich have identified him then they may be thinking of a different style, or have some evidence that he can fit well into a different style.

For me, he is very different to both a McClean or a Skipp and is closer to a Leitner. The lack of mobility in midfield has been highlighted as an issue the last time Norwich were in the Prem and Gilmour, for all his undoubted ability on the ball, certainly doesn't bring mobility or physicality.