Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

Is the Europa League much of an incentive? More work for the same pay and unwelcome travel to eastern Europe on a Thursday. You're better off here laddie ; £50k a week and Saturday's off 😉

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Top earner on over £80k a week and most of the rest on over £50k a week. Maybe he wants a crack in the Premier league though. 

I'm surprised its that high. Thought they had a salary cap

3 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

I'm surprised its that high. Thought they had a salary cap

Bayer AG are a main sponsor. Similar size club to ourselves though. 

13 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fair, I'd forgotten the obvious link. Clue is in the name!

56 minutes ago, king canary said:

Just stuck 'Glen Kamara' into the search bar and there is only one mention of him from this year before Cambridge mentioned him on here.

So he's talking ****e.

It's his forte.  It's why we love him. Please  don't let facts get in the way of a few more threads. 

17 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not really.

They've been in the top division in Germany since 1979 and have only had one season without European football in the last 10. Leverkusen are a bigger club than us by quite a way.

32 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Thing is though, he'd surely be coming in as backup for Gibson and Hanley at Norwich?

We'd sell that to him as one of three centre backs battling for a starting place, but I doubt that is any more desirable than what Leverkusen are offering.

Right now though, we might actually have the financial clout to do the deal before Leverkusen can get in- I can't imagine with Bundesliga wage structures they'd be willing to pay him any more than we would (40k a week, I'm guessing?)

Leverkusen get about €60m - €65m a year from the Bundesliga and a half decent Europa run will get them an additional €15m - they certainly have the financial muscle to beat Norwich in fees and wages. There has been a lot of speculation around their centre back Tapsoba, it might be that Ajer is seen as his replacement and they won't push for a deal unless he is sold - this might give Norwich a window to get a deal done.

The most encouraging things is that Norwich have moved ahead of Newcastle, according to the Athletic, so it seems that maybe the club can compete with other Prem teams.

I think if Ajer comes it would be on the promise that he will get gametime. He might have to oust someone first, but I don't think Hanley is as secure in the starting line-up as many think.

13 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Fair, I'd forgotten the obvious link. Clue is in the name!

They give them £28m a year apparently, Coca-Cola must pay well as shirt sponsors  but television money was around £30m lower than Norwich will get this season. Don’t know whether they’ve sold players like us for multi millions but their wage bill is huge. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Not really.

They've been in the top division in Germany since 1979 and have only had one season without European football in the last 10. Leverkusen are a bigger club than us by quite a way.

Of course, I was only comparing them on stadium size. They are what we can aspire to then. 

Don't Leverkusen have Tapsoba? He's linked with a move to a lot of different sides this year. Wonder if they want Ajer as a replacement?

3 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

If Ajer is coming here I can definitely see 5 at the back being considered.

Hanley was excellent in the middle of a back 5 for Scotland the other night and it would free Aarons and Dimi up a bit

Was going to say the same thing. From what I've read on here, Ajer is more of a ball playing CB? If that's right, could be useful with Gibson the other side of Hanley

So according to the salty grapevine Ajar is still linked with Newcatsle and.. only 5 million? That's it? I mean I know he's become a scapegoat at Celtic and all but surely they would want much more than that?

38 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So according to the salty grapevine Ajar is still linked with Newcatsle and.. only 5 million? That's it? I mean I know he's become a scapegoat at Celtic and all but surely they would want much more than that?

Where has £5m come from? 

23 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'm obviously not going o ask you to confirm or deny anything, just my conjecture here, but I think it's interesting that you said star players and not one of our youngsters. 

With how well Hanley is doing at the Euro's infront of every scout in the world, the fact we're obviously searching for a new CB and the fact he's probably now at his peak value I can't help but wonder if it's Hanley that's leaving and not Aarons or Cantwell.....

hi Sorry i did mean Star youngster have not heard anything else yet or who 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

His contract runs out next summer. That's why he's potentially on the cheap.

On 20/06/2021 at 14:42, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'm obviously not going o ask you to confirm or deny anything, just my conjecture here, but I think it's interesting that you said star players and not one of our youngsters. 

With how well Hanley is doing at the Euro's infront of every scout in the world, the fact we're obviously searching for a new CB and the fact he's probably now at his peak value I can't help but wonder if it's Hanley that's leaving and not Aarons or Cantwell.....

I'll be shocked if anyone is trying to take Hanley off us. I don't think teams are desperate to pay a big fee for a 29 year old central defender with minimal track record at the top level. 

He did well against England but his main contribution vs the Czech's was getting outjumped for the first goal. 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Will We ever sign a player again it taking so long 

Have you ever considered taking up crossword puzzles? Judging from your posts this football lark doesn't seem for you.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Will We ever sign a player again it taking so long 

No! Delia has a truffle addiction so there's no spare cash.

Nick Ma****er providing a new name...

Haha. Can't say Mas hiter!

Edited by TheGoogler

There is clearly a lot of smoke behind the links to Ajer! On paper would seem to be an excellent move for us. Plus ... we can go 3 at the back and get a Kristoffer-Grant-Ben "KGB" wall of CBs! I love it.

🙂

Intrigued by the Berghuis link.

On the one hand, he's clearly a talent with 19 goals from midfield. On the other he's 29 so unlikely to provide much resale value. The danger with someone of that age is if they don't work out they can be hard to shift, especially on Premoer League wages.

Webber said he wants players that can hit the ground running and Berghuis fits that description. One year left on his contract so probably not too expensive, doesn't rely on being quick so could probably play a couple of season at least before age starts to really impact him. 

If wages are reasonable (which you'd expect to be the case for a player coming from Holland) then I think this would be a good deal. Even if it doesn't work out the club could almost certainly get him a club back in Holland - but might have to be a loan rather than a sale.

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/2021/june/norwich-interested-in-feyenoord-s-steven-berghuis

According to the full article €4m - €5m. That would be a steal.

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

15 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Had a bit of a funny time at Watford as well...

Stats last season look impressive though

Indeed, much as he would be a fantastic signing he's been through the whole 'join a newly promoted team in England' before..