Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

I will explode if Aaron’s is sold, no need to sell him, sell him a vision to stay we need to build not keep weakening 

£30 million and you stop posting. Win-win then.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

Exactly imagine you had a player in the Shop window at the Euros , you would be Crazy to sell him before 

Most the Scounting is done and dusted , But a great Euros could add a couple of million to his price tag 

Downside is he may have a shocker or get injured 

Is there a Norwich player in this scenario ?

8 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

22mins in Paddy talks about transfers and it is pretty positive overall. 

Brilliant, thankyou

8 hours ago, mastoola said:

Is there a Norwich player in this scenario ?

No I don’t think so but maybe a Norwich target ? 

• Thanks 1

The distance between being excited IF we land our targets and actually landing them is huge. Fingers crossed we pull them off...as it is a failure to hook these targets in previous years which sunk us. 

Ref Aarons my thoughts and mine only I thought he took last seasons transfer bids / interest very well maybe a bit to well considering the clubs that were interested 

so I imagine somewhere along the lines of stay for another season and get us up or if a club bids cuz we will let you go sort of conversation might have taken place 

Seems unlikely there will be any outgoings particularly soon - there is zero noise around Cantwell at the moment and the only mention of Aarons is he might be one of the many right backs that Man U are considering.

Any transfer for Max or Todd would be in excess of £25m and it is almost impossible to keep such a large deal that would involved a Prem club quiet.

15 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Seems unlikely there will be any outgoings particularly soon - there is zero noise around Cantwell at the moment and the only mention of Aarons is he might be one of the many right backs that Man U are considering.

Any transfer for Max or Todd would be in excess of £25m and it is almost impossible to keep such a large deal that would involved a Prem club quiet.

Two things strike me about this - that the £30m plus price tags will have put clubs off, knowing they won't get an easy ride trying to buy our players at a cut down price - and the other is that maybe both Aarons and Cantwell need another season in the PL to show just how good they are.  I know they both did ok last time, but to get top clubs falling over themselves to get them at big prices, another - and hopefully successful - season at the top level, might be what is needed. 

23 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Well we have to differ on that one hope I am wrong but I doubt it very much as that money is already to be spent on other targets 

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

Ref Aarons my thoughts and mine only I thought he took last seasons transfer bids / interest very well maybe a bit to well considering the clubs that were interested 

so I imagine somewhere along the lines of stay for another season and get us up or if a club bids cuz we will let you go sort of conversation might have taken place 

Thanks for popping up with some info, Norfolkngood - you’ve tactfully provided some reliable information in the past so I trust what you’re saying. A total guess but I think we’ll keep Todd for another season, but Max will go before long. And I’m ok with that - he’s a fantastic player and of course I’m sure we’d all rather keep him, but that said, if an offer comes in for £35mil plus add ons then I’d take that just because I believe we could get a RB of sufficient quality in for far less whilst having some extra cash to improve the squad as a whole, and hopefully produce another 2 or 3 £30mil plus players in the process - after all this is how the self sustainable model works at the end of the day. To be honest, if a crystal ball could tell us Sam Byram would remain fit for this coming season then I’d be more than happy to see him as our first choice RB. He really was outstanding in the Premier League before he got injured against Liverpool and would have surely been in the running for POTS. Great little player.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Was there nothing to those Inter links with Aarons?

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Was there nothing to those Inter links with Aarons?

Don't think so really. But maybe once the Hakimi stuff is sorted there will be more noise.

I really can't see Inter wanting to spend the kind of money on Aarons that Norwich will demand though. With the price Norwich have set I think only a Premier League club will have the money for Aarons, especially with the homegrown bonus he carries for an English club. It seems Everton backed away once they found out how much Norwich wanted as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Max ended up at Man U, with Williams coming in on loan. 

I read that Solskjaer was planning on trying Wan Bissaka at CB, a position I've always thought better suited his attributes. 

there is a million and one reasons Transfers are kept quiet ,

Robbie Brady signing for Burnley for Example i told members on here at 2 pm he had signed but a Media ban was put on the signing till 7pm as Norwich were Negotiating a Deal with wigan and didnt want anyone to know 

I Think the same here Norwich do not want teams to know they have emi plus xyz money as it will drive prices up 

Are we waiting for the New Spurs Manager ? 

Are we waiting for the Euros ?

Are we waiting till someones Contract is in the Final year ? 

so many things go on in transfer dealings , Some people think it is sorted out in a week ,well sometimes it does but sometimes it is months in the making 

i Bet Haaland knows where he is going but the media have about 5 clubs in the mix 

• Like 1

Just now, norfolkngood said:

there is a million and one reasons Transfers are kept quiet ,

Robbie Brady signing for Burnley for Example i told members on here at 2 pm he had signed but a Media ban was put on the signing till 7pm as Norwich were Negotiating a Deal with wigan and didnt want anyone to know 

I Think the same here Norwich do not want teams to know they have emi plus xyz money as it will drive prices up 

Are we waiting for the New Spurs Manager ? 

Are we waiting for the Euros ?

Are we waiting till someones Contract is in the Final year ? 

so many things go on in transfer dealings , Some people think it is sorted out in a week ,well sometimes it does but sometimes it is months in the making 

i Bet Haaland knows where he is going but the media have about 5 clubs in the mix 

Exactly this. Webber's best served keeping very, very quiet if he wants his war chest to expand in terms of getting players in.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Max ended up at Man U, with Williams coming in on loan. 

I read that Solskjaer was planning on trying Wan Bissaka at CB, a position I've always thought better suited his attributes. 

i Thought that Also Wan Bissaka would make a fantastic CB , but is also a Very good RB so hard one to call i think if i was Man Utd i would go for a True World Class CB even Ramos for a year 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Don't think so really. But maybe once the Hakimi stuff is sorted there will be more noise.

I really can't see Inter wanting to spend the kind of money on Aarons that Norwich will demand though. With the price Norwich have set I think only a Premier League club will have the money for Aarons, especially with the homegrown bonus he carries for an English club. It seems Everton backed away once they found out how much Norwich wanted as well.

Yeah I did think if Inter were looking they may see him as a cheap option -ie we can sell Hakimi for £50m and bully Norwich into selling Aarons for £15-20m, which wouldn't happen.

If Everton have backed off for now then I think his options in this country are quite limited- are Man U really going to spend £30m on another right back when they've already dropped £50m on AWB? 

The one that could be interesting is if Arsenal sell Bellerin, then I could see them being interested.

27 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Exactly this. Webber's best served keeping very, very quiet if he wants his war chest to expand in terms of getting players in.

Depends, it suits Norwich's interest when selling players to get a bit of a bidding war going, so that can mean letting a few choice people know a deal is brewing. In reality though that usually isn't needed as the player's agent will be phoning around making sure everyone knows exactly how the deal is progressing - the more clubs interested the higher the wages/agent fee.

No deal involving a big club stays quiet for long. 

Just now, king canary said:

Yeah I did think if Inter were looking they may see him as a cheap option -ie we can sell Hakimi for £50m and bully Norwich into selling Aarons for £15-20m, which wouldn't happen.

If Everton have backed off for now then I think his options in this country are quite limited- are Man U really going to spend £30m on another right back when they've already dropped £50m on AWB? 

The one that could be interesting is if Arsenal sell Bellerin, then I could see them being interested.

Or Everton come back later once the other teams who were half interested don't follow it up and Norwich might consider a slightly lower bid, or one which is structured in a way more favourable to Everton. For me, selling Emi doesn't change the view that £25m+ is more useful to Norwich this season than Max Aarons.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Or Everton come back later once the other teams who were half interested don't follow it up and Norwich might consider a slightly lower bid, or one which is structured in a way more favourable to Everton. For me, selling Emi doesn't change the view that £25m+ is more useful to Norwich this season than Max Aarons.

Depends how far we get into the window in my opinion- no point selling him with a week to go and leaving ourselves scrabbling for a replacement/anyone to spend the extra fees on. 

Just now, king canary said:

Depends how far we get into the window in my opinion- no point selling him with a week to go and leaving ourselves scrabbling for a replacement/anyone to spend the extra fees on. 

i heard Everything is in Hand i dont think we wil be scrabbling around a lot has been put in place already , 

i heard  the club are very confident behind the scenes ,

I hope this works out as i think this season we really could be Surprised after the last time we went up 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Depends, it suits Norwich's interest when selling players to get a bit of a bidding war going, so that can mean letting a few choice people know a deal is brewing. In reality though that usually isn't needed as the player's agent will be phoning around making sure everyone knows exactly how the deal is progressing - the more clubs interested the higher the wages/agent fee.

No deal involving a big club stays quiet for long. 

Sure, but I meant that only in terms of buying players. We're trying to avoid bidding wars when buying players in!

50 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Bethnal, this is at a tangent. I notice it appears the asking price for Gonzalez from Stuttgart is £25m. I had never heard of the player but it seems a bit on the low side for a 23 year old full Argentine international from a Bundesliga club to a Premier League club (especially given the Buendia fee). Are there some special circumstances there, or is it a sign that covid is significantly cutting prices?

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Plus if we go down again, they’ll be massive changes at the club. Ones which might take a while to adjust to.'

Yeah Farke and Webber resigning will start to sink this boat of ours

I wouldn't necessarily say sink the boat, but it'll just take time again to readjust to the massive changes which will likely take place. I have no doubt Webber will look for relevant replacements like he mentioned in that candid interview with Paddy a month or so ago. But it'll really test people's patience with the self-sustaining model, and we all know how doom mongery it can get about the place. I'm more in fear of having to listen to the caterwauling of others than the actual actions themselves. But who knows, there's plenty of football to be played, I'm just adding a load of conjecture into my own head!

56 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Bethnal, this is at a tangent. I notice it appears the asking price for Gonzalez from Stuttgart is £25m. I had never heard of the player but it seems a bit on the low side for a 23 year old full Argentine international from a Bundesliga club to a Premier League club (especially given the Buendia fee). Are there some special circumstances there, or is it a sign that covid is significantly cutting prices?

Its pretty clear COVID is affecting what teams are achieving in respect of values for players, with the exception of some top real talent.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

It seems Gonzalez is now going to Florentina not Brighton - although the fee is about the same. I actually think £25m for him is probably a sign that prices haven't dropped too much. Gonzalez has scored 8 goals in 45 Bundesliga games for Stuttgart and the Argentina call-up probably speaks more about their lack of strikers. 

Gonzalez certainly isn't a bad player and would be a good signing for a Brighton sized club, I would have expected his price to be closer to £20m in a deflated market. Hard to make any real reads on the overall transfer market at the moment although I'm surprised Florentina have that kind of money to spend.

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It seems Gonzalez is now going to Florentina not Brighton - although the fee is about the same. I actually think £25m for him is probably a sign that prices haven't dropped too much. Gonzalez has scored 8 goals in 45 Bundesliga games for Stuttgart and the Argentina call-up probably speaks more about their lack of strikers. 

Gonzalez certainly isn't a bad player and would be a good signing for a Brighton sized club, I would have expected his price to be closer to £20m in a deflated market. Hard to make any real reads on the overall transfer market at the moment although I'm surprised Florentina have that kind of money to spend.

Commisso has ambitious plans for Fiorentina and wants to invest in a new state-of-the-art training ground and upgrade the stadium, so he's clearly prepared to put his hand in his pocket (or at least claims so). And Milenkovic and/or Vlahovic will probably leave this summer and one of those will cover the outlay for Gonzalez.

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Am I reading that correctly, that we would rather have the money than Max Aarons?  Really?  Max, who rarely puts a foot wrong and who towards the end of last season started getting more end product in terms of accurate crosses and looks to be developiong all the time.  Can we really replace a player of his class for £25m?   Mumba may step up, of course, but at this point I would have thought keeping Max was much better than getting £25m.  Besides, if he stays and has a good season and we do well, his value would only go up.

Just now, lake district canary said:

Am I reading that correctly, that we would rather have the money than Max Aarons?  Really?  Max, who rarely puts a foot wrong and who towards the end of last season started getting more end product in terms of accurate crosses and looks to be developiong all the time.  Can we really replace a player of his class for £25m?   Mumba may step up, of course, but at this point I would have thought keeping Max was much better than getting £25m.  Besides, if he stays and has a good season and we do well, his value would only go up.

I love Max, he is fantastic. But for where Norwich are right now £25m would be a massive boost in achieving the short term goal of remaining in the Premier League. Max's biggest asset is his attacking ability, he is a great dribbler and fantastic at attacking the opposition box. He isn't a bad defender by any means, but most of his value is in his ability to attack and his potential. In 2021/22 do Norwich need a player who is full of potential and attacking prowess? It certainly isn't the biggest priority. 

Could Norwich bring in a new right back, who while not as good as Max overall, may be able to be a better defensive player and have money remaining to reinvest in improving the whole squad? Most certainly yes.

While it is important to look to the long-term, sometimes you have to focus on the here and now. For Norwich that is building a squad that can survive next season. There is also the calculated risk that if Norwich don't sell now, and do get relegated, you are probably going to see £10m-ish slashed off his price.

So if you gave me the option of £25m+ to reinvest in the squad or Max Aarons - I'd take the money and run - despite how much I love Max as a player.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

They're my Italian team, so I sent them a bit of a cash boost..

Edited by PurpleCanary