Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Please God no. He gets so lost in the middle of the pitch. If you match him up to Skipp, Skipp will score a solid 7+ per game. Billings too. But Billings will be 10, 4,4,6,5,6,4,10

And Skipp will be 

You tell me what you need in the middle of the pitch. 

I've never really understood all the fuss about Billing - he's always struck me as a very lazy player. Anyway I don't see us spending £15m on one player.

• Like 1

£15m+ ..... not for me at that price (reportedly paid by Bournemouth.)

The Cherries would need to accept a £5m loss at the very least for him, imo.

He’s had a few seasons of PL experience since then and now at 25 (mirror reports 24 but birthday yesterday) so should be improved, so the valuation seems fair enough. Would fit wage and 6ft 6 is handy to improve the Achilles heal of set pieces. Not Skipp but not a bad shout for replacement I think

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

Billings seems to provoke some string opinions on here. He's always struck me as a solid player but the stats seem to back up the suggestion of inconsistencies- however I'd back Farke to get the most out of him.

David Freezer has suggested that the interest in Billings and Armstrong is genuine, if the price were right.

• Like 1

I've always rated Billing personally, one of the few Bournemouth players I'd be happy for us to sign. Price seems about right. 

Is he lazy or one of those players who looks lazy? Some players just do. I seem to remember reading on a Bournemouth forum that they had recently been playing him further up the field, in the kind of Stiepermann role.

14 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Is he lazy or one of those players who looks lazy? Some players just do. I seem to remember reading on a Bournemouth forum that they had recently been playing him further up the field, in the kind of Stiepermann role.

Saw him play in that role towards the end of last season and he certainly looked comfortable. If he comes Farke will certainly make him better. He would compliment Sorensen etc perfectly 

26 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Leeds trying to hijack the Gunn deal apparently....

I am not that fussed about Gunn but as a hopeful replacement in a couple of years could work... His stats are not great last couple of years but he did ok here...

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Big Dave down the pub tier

Well, to continue in that vein, saw a tweet earlier claiming that there was a potential deal which would see Aarons move to Spurs in exchange for Skipp + Cash.

Probably absolute tosh, but how would we feel about that if there was anything to it?

Edited by Indy_Bones

8 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Well, to continue in that vein, saw a tweet earlier claiming that there was a potential deal which would see Aarons move to Spurs in exchange for Skipp + Cash.

Probably absolute tosh, but how would we feel about that if there was anything to it?

Would be very happy with that deal! full back would be a much easier position to fill. 

9 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

That's.. Interesting to say the least. We all know that Max has been linked with Spurs for a long time now, and we seem to be grooming Bali to step us in his place but I just don't think we have a good enough Rightback for the Prem if Max were to leave us, at least right now

Would be nice to now how much this supposed cash deal is that's being added alongside Max in this rather pinch of salt infomation. Of course getting Skip on a perm deal would be amazing, that I think most of us can agree with regardless

Yes to that trade every day. Bring in Williams from MUFC on loan to fill in the gap left by Aarons and have Williams and Mumba compete for the spot. 

21 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

I’d feel that would be good business for us tbh.

21 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

We get cash AND Oli? Permanently? I’d take that 👍

• Like 1

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

I’d feel that would be good business for us tbh.

Too good to be true, in fact. 

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

We get cash AND Oli? Permanently? I’d take that 👍

Wonder how much.. That's the real question. 'With cash' could be anything from a quid to 20 million

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Too good to be true, in fact. 

Are you implying that this could be a rumour somebody made up? Somebody lied on the internet?

30 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

No chance Spurs will do that.

2 hours ago, All the Germans said:

No chance Spurs will do that.

It seems extremely unlikely doesn't it?

Usually you can tell the rubbish from the fans' reaction, and unusually there are some people taking this seriously. Makes me wonder if this guy does have some credibility.

2 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Happy for that swap without cash tbf 

Webber has said £30m minimum for Max. Skipp isn't worth £30m.