Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 minute ago, kirku said:

I think Krul's the best keeper we've had in years, since Green (and probably better than him), but that could be recency bias

Krul is great, and gives us that extra dimension playing from the back and in penalties -but before his thigh injury warming up at Everton, Ruddy was an amazing shot stopper - possibly could have added to his England Caps. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kirku said:

I think Krul's the best keeper we've had in years, since Green (and probably better than him), but that could be recency bias

Like I said, Krul’s an outstanding keeper for us, but also the season we had Gunn he was outstanding too, that’s why he went for such a high price. 
It’s all about opinions and Green was a great keeper, as was Woods, Gunn, Ruddy and Keelan way before them, we’ve been blessed with some fantastic keepers.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I think it also suggest we have a list of key outfield targets/positions, with probable transfer fees, and are reasonably confident we can make those deals even with £5m gone on Gunn.

The best bit is that it is only £2.5m up front. The rest of the £5m (so the remaining £2.5m) is in instalments. So the dent to our transfer budget is even smaller. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, birchfest said:

Well, I guess thats an interesting insight into the state of our finances. I cant see how our transfer budget would be only £15 million prior to the Emi sale if we are now investing £5 million for Gunn as a long term project/understudy. 

Good bit of business for a keeper who I think can learn under Krul and feel the benefit of a club that knows and rates him. I think for whatever reason he didn't settle at Southampton and then was being shipped out on loan, we all know Keepers out of all positions need a serious run of game time to get up to peak performance and that appears to have been disrupted at times for him. 

Don't forget we re very likely to sell Max for £30M so that is even more to spend

4 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Don't forget we re very likely to sell Max for £30M so that is even more to spend

Yep let's sell all our best players...

37 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

That is going to happen at some point, yes.

Aarons is a brilliant talent, but we do have decent youngsters in the wingback positions and if they both fulfill their potential which I think they will, McCullum and Mulumbu, we have even more reason to be thankful for our process…..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Aarons is a brilliant talent, but we do have decent youngsters in the wingback positions and if they both fulfill their potential which I think they will, McCullum and Mulumbu, we have even more reason to be thankful for our process…..

Mulumbu 😲

1 hour ago, Billyboybunters said:

Mulumbu 😲

Predictive text on iPad, I’ve obviously used Mulumbu as again it’s come up….Bali Mumba and again it tried to change it! 👍

4 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Hopefully Byram will be fit for pre-season and provide another option, as he did well in the PL last time at both RB and LB.

Byram was backup. If he's named in our squad we'll need backup for the backup.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Byram was backup. If he's named in our squad we'll need backup for the backup.

He will certainly have something to prove but unfortunately I think he will never again be the player we hoped for. If Max goes we need another. Bogle is a good shout. My feeling is that SW has irons in the fire abroad where we will get better value for money. 

1 minute ago, canarycop said:

He will certainly have something to prove but unfortunately I think he will never again be the player we hoped for. If Max goes we need another. Bogle is a good shout. My feeling is that SW has irons in the fire abroad where we will get better value for money. 

I think Webber is also keen on Neco Williams. Might be a good fit for us.

8 hours ago, chicken said:

The best bit is that it is only £2.5m up front. The rest of the £5m (so the remaining £2.5m) is in instalments. So the dent to our transfer budget is even smaller. 

SW  sent Daniel into the lion's den last time out with no gun..this time he has rectified it early...and its name shall become Angus.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

SW  sent Daniel into the lion's den last time out with no gun..this time he has rectified it early...and its name shall become Angus.

Hah, true that. This time he's definitely sent Farke in with a Gunn!

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Do not known enough about him. Big step up from current league to best in the world.

They'll have said that about the likes of Soucek to be fair. Agreed that it is a big step up, but that's exactly how our model works in finding value. Some will make it, some won't.

But a Soucek-style rampaging box-to-box midfielder with an ability to pull out recovery runs and hit the odd incisive through ball would be perfect for us.

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Do not known enough about him. Big step up from current league to best in the world.

Nor me but at least I had heard of him. He is 6ft 2" and an aggressive / strong tackler from what I've read. The article by @TheGunnShow is more detailed and indicates he has quite a vision too. 

We all love a midfielder at Norwich City don't we!

If he is like Soucek that would be fantastic.

Edited by sonyc

This profile has him more looking like a McLean upgrade/competitor rather than the Skipp replacement. 

I think the 12.5km covered per game is definitely something that will be appealing to Norwich - along with what looks like good quality on the ball. What isn't noted on here but is something to note is that he tried the 2nd most amount of through balls in the Croatian League and Farke loves a through ball in attack.

• Like 1

Ultimately, when a Premier League side takes a punt on a player like this from a smaller league, you never know what you're going to get when they make such a jump. You get the odd hidden gem like Soucek and Coufal, but you get some turkeys as well. Our model basically relies on us making deals like this and hoping we get more right than we get wrong. If (and it's still a big 'if') it comes off, then we have to hope the scouting department have pulled another rabbit out of the hat.

5 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

This profile has him more looking like a McLean upgrade/competitor rather than the Skipp replacement. 

I think the 12.5km covered per game is definitely something that will be appealing to Norwich - along with what looks like good quality on the ball. What isn't noted on here but is something to note is that he tried the 2nd most amount of through balls in the Croatian League and Farke loves a through ball in attack.

Indeed. Plus all articles hint at his sheer versatility in playing loads of positions. Another thing on Daniel Farke's wish list I would bet!

19 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Good idea, why haven't you thought of that before....Genius!!! Take a bow.

Seems like a good addition on paper and I agree with the above comments that he is a Farke player, let's see if it happens, it is a massive step up in competition.

3 minutes ago, WSM said:

Pinkun now say its inaccurate...

Yep, just seen it on EDP as well.