Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

I think Josh King would be an excellent signing. Would provide quality competition for Pukki, and should suit our style of play. Much more than Everton IMO.  I don't see him as another Naismith or Drmic. Free transfer on a two year deal, fairly low risk. 

54 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Worst i keep seeing is Aston Villa being linked with Emi Buendia. I mean Aston Villa. Come on!! Plus another insult is they think they can pick him up for less than £35m🙄

Wouldn't worry about it, Webber said that there is a double criteria.. the money AND the move has to make sense. We might let him go to a Man City or an Atletico for £30-35 million, as we wouldn't want to stand in the way of a move to a Champions league and title winning side, but we would hard ball a team like Villa as we wouldn't have the same pressure from the player to want to force the issue... no champions league, no prospect of a title and us in a good financial health. To sell to them would be a £40-45 million bid where its simply too much to turn down when put against the risk of Buendia tearing his ACL in the first match for example. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Kind of, sort of, fits don't it?  Left sided defensive midfielder, full international, tough tackler, Bosnian a la Vrancic.  GBE credits available for an overseas transfer.  An identikit signing.  Still doesn't excite me though.

10 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Since I’ve never heard of him he can’t have played much for them in the premier so would he be a good signing if Liverpool don’t think he’s good enough to play in the premier league? Or is this a case of a transfer fee/value just being inflated because of the club he’s at?

Agreed Jim, if he's not good enough for Liverpool then he's certainly not good enough for us either.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Kind of, sort of, fits don't it?  Left sided defensive midfielder, full international, tough tackler, Bosnian a la Vrancic.  GBE credits available for an overseas transfer.  An identikit signing.  Still doesn't excite me though.

Europa League experience, scored and assisted against Sociedad and AZ Alkmaar respectively.

Interesting link. 

32 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I suppose it does fit, but we couldn't expect an instant impact if it did happen because it's one hell of a jump from the Croatian top flight to the Premier League. Even Drmic is scoring goals there.

"Reports today have surfaced in Italy that" ....yeah whatever.

any article that begins with that I immediately stop reading. You all should have learned by now to ignore any rumours that come out of Italy

9 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I suppose it does fit, but we couldn't expect an instant impact if it did happen because it's one hell of a jump from the Croatian top flight to the Premier League. Even Drmic is scoring goals there.

Not sure about that- plenty of decent players have come from the Croatian League, the step up isn't small but it isn't impossible. 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Not sure about that- plenty of decent players have come from the Croatian League, the step up isn't small but it isn't impossible. 

It isn't impossible as Croatia produce lots of decent players, but most Croatian players who have played in England came here via a gateway league. Obviously Modric is an exception but he's one of the greatest players of his generation, yet players like Kalinic, Vlasic and Eduardo didn't take to the league very well and had to move backwards to move forward. The only other real success directly from Croatia I can think of is Kranjcar, and he took a season to settle.

I'm not say that Loncar couldn't be a success here, but he may just need a few months to bed in.

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Loncar wouldn't get a work permit - Croatian League is a 'Band 6' in the new GBE rules and can't see why he'd get exceptional circumstances.

I guess he'd need Bosnia to break into the world's top 50 in the May or June rankings? I see they're currently 55th.

22 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Which sources are these?.

It was spotted by a friend in the twitter feed of a Liverpool journalist. It may be a rehash of an old story however there is talk that Liverpool are after Mbappe or possibly another striker and it was in this context that the quote about Origi came up. My friend said that both Norwich and Watford had made these approaches. 

9 minutes ago, Bonzo said:

It was spotted by a friend in the twitter feed of a Liverpool journalist. It may be a rehash of an old story however there is talk that Liverpool are after Mbappe or possibly another striker and it was in this context that the quote about Origi came up. My friend said that both Norwich and Watford had made these approaches. 

This is the tweet that started the Origi rumour - not a journalist but a fan account. Basically BS.

11 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Agreed Jim, if he's not good enough for Liverpool then he's certainly not good enough for us either.

DC8DFCCC-A861-4676-953A-FE6B414BA208.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

This is the tweet that started the Origi rumour - not a journalist but a fan account. Basically BS.

Probably. However this is a rumours thread and this story is a rumour.

It is the same with every other name mentioned in the thread even where the speculation is initiated by journalists 

It may be utter BS but such is the nature of rumours. 

rumour
/ˈruːmə/

noun

1. a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

I hate this kind of thread realistically few people will know what Webber is up to. Most of the noise is agents trying to drum up interest in their players.

pay little attention  to this nonsense until it appears on the club website 

19 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I hate this kind of thread realistically few people will know what Webber is up to. Most of the noise is agents trying to drum up interest in their players.

Just a bit of a fun buddy. Lighten up!

44 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I apply this logic to all your posts....😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Let's face it, we all know most of these rumours are bull but it's always an enjoyable thread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

To be fair if he/a Liverpool player on low wages is going for a free you can bet hundreds of clubs have 'enquired' about him.. 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 hours ago, Bonzo said:

Probably. However this is a rumours thread and this story is a rumour.

It is the same with every other name mentioned in the thread even where the speculation is initiated by journalists 

It may be utter BS but such is the nature of rumours. 

rumour
/ˈruːmə/

noun

1. a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

I think it would generally be good practice for people to say where they saw a rumour at least- just makes it easier for people to decide which ones should be taken seriously. 

On 17/05/2021 at 16:05, king canary said:

Disagree personally, he's got some pedigree, can play out wide as well as through the middle and adds pace. He'd put more pressure on Pukki than Drmic did IMO. 

Stating the obvious referencing Drmic! 

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Let's face it, we all know most of these rumours are bull but it's always an enjoyable thread.

It’s definitely preferable to the alternative, which is loads of new threads on here, largely titled with names I’ve never heard of, because someone has either read some nonsense on Facebook, or their granny’s next door neighbour’s dog walker heard something in the pub.