Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Time for a new one for the upcoming season?

I’ll kick it off -

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-norwich-city-plot-raid-to-sign-everton-star-king-after-ancelotti-decision/

What do we think on this one assuming wages aren’t beyond our reach?

Not a fan of it personally - never massively rated him and injuries have been an issue. Not sure if wages would be a massive issue as I don't think he'll have too many top level suitors this summer.

If I was to pick someone from that Everton side who's potentially leaving, I'd get Holgate. Full-back and centre-half covered in one shot, and a fair bit of Premier experience in there.

13 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Not a fan of it personally - never massively rated him and injuries have been an issue. Not sure if wages would be a massive issue as I don't think he'll have too many top level suitors this summer.

Agreed, Bethnal - was interested to see others views on him, but I share a similar opinion to you that I think he’s a bit of a hype job. I suppose he does have the necessary experience needed at the top level which Webber seems to have hinted at regarding potential signings, though he’s stated that ‘won’t necessarily be a bunch of 28 year olds’.

But yep, not a fan myself - Bournemouth supporters around here have questioned his attitude for some time anyway, so I’m not sure that will endear him to Farke or Webber if those rumours are true. 

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Disagree personally, he's got some pedigree, can play out wide as well as through the middle and adds pace. He'd put more pressure on Pukki than Drmic did IMO. 

Another who really struggled apart from Bournemouth. But is he better than Hugill and could he push Pukki, definitely better than Hugill, but I doubt he’ll push Pukki for a start.

Given his age and wage I doubt he’s worth a gamble, would rather give Idah the game time.

Until someone mentioned Bournemouth I was struggling with King at Everton, didn't he want exhorbitant fee.  Would be looking for a cash cow than a team he could improve not the type we are looking for not one for team spirit.  Josh Off.

Agree with you on this Alex, from Dorset as well, and most Bmuff fans I know havent got a good word to say about him. Over rated and lazy in my opinion, Cant see us going for him. Much better options available.

• Like 1

Overhyped idiot with a terrible attitude who jumped ship the second Bournmouth were in trouble (and was said to have thrown a masive tantrum when he was made aware Bournmouth did not want to sell him) and then flopped when he did make his forced move to Everton. Clearly talented, but something seems to have gone wrong at Everton.

Not too fond of him, but if there is a manager who's known to get the best from players who have flopped and are trying to reignite their career it's Farke

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

4 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

@Alex Moss @PHILIP COOK That's 3 of us in Dorset. Does that mean we can start Dorset Yellow Knobs!

I should point out those are local biscuits before anyone starts 🤣

1 hour ago, PHILIP COOK said:

Agree with you on this Alex, from Dorset as well, and most Bmuff fans I know havent got a good word to say about him. Over rated and lazy in my opinion, Cant see us going for him. Much better options available.

I’m from Norwich, just live down here now Phil! Not a bad part of the world to be fair! We’ll have to get to some games next season in that case 👍

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I should point out those are local biscuits before anyone starts 🤣

That's what they want you to believe Alexo.😇

Nope, not for me. Massively overhyped and never lived up to it. Would probably demand wages which far outweigh his ability. 

2 hours ago, Norfolk Dan said:

@Alex Moss @PHILIP COOK That's 3 of us in Dorset. Does that mean we can start Dorset Yellow Knobs!

I'm Hampshire so pretty much next door.......................and that is the truth, no matter what Bill said 😉

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Overhyped idiot with a terrible attitude 

Not too fond of him, 

Given what you say in the first statement, the second statement seems rather the understatement!

Not sure I know enough about his personality. I know he was tracked by some pretty big sides not too long ago.

For me, he ticks a big number of boxes

1. Can play out wide or up front ✓

2. Available on a free ✓

3. Has experience in the Premier League ✓

4..has scored goals in the Premier League ✓

It wasn't a million years ago he was a central figure in a Bournemouth side doing very well. I would be considering him - even if his wage demands and/or personality put us off.

PS.. In a slight tangent Oliver Kay's article in the Athletic today about Bournemouth indicates they considered trying to poach Farke when Howe left. Didn't know that.

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark .Y. said:

Oh, and I'm originally from Yarmouth

I’d keep that to yourself if I was you 😉

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Given what you say in the first statement, the second statement seems rather the understatement!

Not sure I know enough about his personality. I know he was tracked by some pretty big sides not too long ago.

2. Available on a free ✓

It wasn't a million years ago he was a central figure in a Bournemouth side doing very well. I would be considering him - even if his wage demands and/or personality put us off.

PS.. In a slight tangent Oliver Kay's article in the Athletic today about Bournemouth indicates they considered trying to poach Farke when Howe left. Didn't know that.

I know nothing about him but was wondering on similar lines. He has also scored international goals against good sides (both Norway’s goals in their Euro qualifying games against Spain, albeit back in 2019). And he is only a few months older than Hugill. If he can play out wide as well as being a striker he would look like an interesting prospect. But only if his wage demands are not too high and he still has a hunger to play football.

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

2. Available on a free ✓

One thing not mentioned so far is that his stats are very impressive  (I was surprised a month ago to see his name at the top of the strikers list for chances converted). Hearing from our recruitment team, the research into players' stats forms an important part of our scouting.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

With french winger he is young but his record in the French division doesn't seem great one assist and one goal, unless he is one for the future because I thought we were looking at players that were going to improve the first team because of the struggles we had with our premier league effort and not enough players we signed making the difference.

1 minute ago, tricky974 said:

With french winger he is young but his record in the French division doesn't seem great one assist and one goal, unless he is one for the future because I thought we were looking at players that were going to improve the first team because of the struggles we had with our premier league effort and not enough players we signed making the difference.

I get the feeling he would be one for the future. The French article linked quotes a fee of 1.8m euros. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow

16 hours ago, Indy said:

Another who really struggled apart from Bournemouth. But is he better than Hugill and could he push Pukki, definitely better than Hugill, but I doubt he’ll push Pukki for a start.

Given his age and wage I doubt he’s worth a gamble, would rather give Idah the game time.

Yes he’s better than Hugill and I would say much more suited to how we play. He’s got nearly 50 premier league goals with a 1 in 3 scoring ratio. I think King would be a very good signing for us. 

18 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think he will be a good signing. Just need to understand he’s not going to be a starter and have to fight for a position. Lose the attitude and invest into the regime  

46 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Josh King is 29, for some reason I thought he was at least 5 years younger. No chance we're signing him.

As others have said, looks a strong candidate, the only question is whether his character is such that he would fit in to the togetherness thing at CR.  No harm in trying him and if he doesn't fit in, then Daniel will soon sort hm out and he will either sort himself out, or he will go the way of others who thought they were more importamt than the club.  On a free and at 29 a two year deal would be a good one for both parties.

Edit - have looked at some of his interviews and he comes across pretty well and obviously wants to learn and improve.  Looks like Bn'mth messed up not selling him to MUtd when they had the chance last season, but wanted too much, only for Everton to get him on a reduced fee and now not wanting to extend his contract because of a clause meaning they would have to pay Bnmouth a significant extra sum of money. 

The more you look into it, the more sense it makes and it looks as if he could be a very good addition. 

Edited by lake district canary

14 hours ago, Mark .Y. said:

I'm Hampshire so pretty much next door.......................and that is the truth, no matter what Bill said 😉

Hi guys, I live on the Hampshire / Dorset border just outside of Christchurch, be good to get to a away match or two with you guys,I  Usually do the local ones if I can get tickets.

• Like 1