Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Anyone looking forward to VAR next season?

I'm actually dreading it. I get more depressed and angry about things like the Pukki disallowed goal then I do us getting beaten.

It's pretty simple why, if we're beaten it's usually fair, but it's not if someone in an office in London somewhere decides that he's going to use the frame where one of our players fingernails is offside instead of one of the previous frames where it's impossible to tell if the ball has last the passers boot yet because they don't want to incur the wrath and scrutiny of higher profile clubs and managers to make their lives easier. From the angle they were looking at you couldn't tell exactly when Vrancic played the ball and they used the last frame possible to make Pukki look offside and even then as it wasn't from a level angle it was debatable if he was even offside then.

I try not to get too wound up about football these days as I've gotten older. But this type of thing just really winds me up and you just know any 50/50 unclear debatable decisions next year involving us are going to be skewed in the favor of the bigger and more established clubs and that's not me being paranoid. Our last 5 Pl campaigns are all the evidence you need to see that we're always given a tough time by refs at the top level.

• Like 1

I'm not sure. The general standard of refereeing in the Premier League is vastly better than in the Championship. I'd take a bit of VAR against the utter dross we've endured this season. I hope they fix the offside and handball debacles, surely common sense will prevail in these areas. I actually long for the day when offsides are ruled in real-time using accurate technology that maps the precise position of all players and the ball, just like the goal-line technology.

1 hour ago, lincsy88 said:

I mean it is offside his arm is clearly ahead of the defender, need to borrow my glasses? Im not saying VAR is good its not its terrible but this is a right decision. As for you saying VAR is worse than the Super League, have a word with yourself! 

😂😂😂You can't score with your arm, so not offside 🤣🤣

Are you the same bloke who used to post on the Offy site as Lincoln Canary? He was just as clueless too 😉

Edited by Ken Hairy

On 18/05/2021 at 12:00, Ken Hairy said:

😂😂😂You can't score with your arm, so not offside 🤣🤣

Are you the same bloke who used to post on the Offy site as Lincoln Canary? He was just as clueless too 😉

Cluess!?? From the man who says you cant be offside with your arm, its any part of your body! Learn the rules of football and then perhaps we can have a sensible conversation 🙂 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lincsy88 said:

Cluess!?? From the man who says you cant be offside with your arm, its any part of your body! Learn the rules of football and then perhaps we can have a sensible conversation 🙂 

Are you for real?? 😂😂😂😂

Got to be trolling here surely? 

Edited by Ken Hairy

Earpiece - You might want to have a look at that when it’s all played out...

Ref On Site - why? I didn’t see anything obvious....

Shockly Park - Jeez Man - you’d have to have been blind not to see that!!

Mike Dean - should I strut over to the Lino and pretend he’s missed something? 

Heathrow - yeah, btw your Lino’s a girlie 

Jasper - ‘Oh Yeah’ - anyways, thanks for pointing it out, Pukki’s armpit hair looks offside - innit bruv!

Lino - it was Level FFS! No matter how many lines, replays or whatever ever else you cloud this with, the instant the ball was kicked forward is subjective - have we lost sight of the game ?

FA - yep.... the betting companies want a decisive decision 🙄

Hmmmm. Sit through another season of VAR or maybe have a root canal - tough choice!

There’s probably a good argument for installing a version of VAR on a training pitch to fine tune angle and pace of runs, keeping leading arms closer to body etc etc. Use it to our advantage!