Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NEW FEATURE! Name That Team

I''m still missing four players. The two centre midfielders, right-centre back and left midfield.

Bear in mind I''m only 23 though and was just seven years old at the time!!

Superb feature.....took me a while but got there in the end

Team is......

G

C               B                  L                  B

G               P                  T                  D

R                  A

Have a guess from that.

got it first time bar the little strike partner...had Flecky left then? We have had some top teams over the last twenty five years havent we?

[quote user="Alan Johnson"]

Superb feature.....took me a while but got there in the end

Team is......

G

C               B                  L                  B

G               P                  T                  D

R                  A

Have a guess from that.

[/quote] Left side of midfield looks wrong to me

I still cant get the left winger even with the first letter clue..my mind is a blank and I was there that night too!!

What a superb feature, certainly lightens the mood a little given our current situation. Maybe Nigel should watch a copy of that seasons highlights, I still have it if he wants a copy!!   Who can forget us dubling Manure that season, or Flecks last minute winner against Millwall? Showing my age now aren''t I!!?  We also beat Liverpool at Anfield......memories 

Great addition!

I got 7 straight off - not bad considering I was 4 at the time and hadn''t been introduced to football....having said that I was basing my guesses on the players I remember from the 90/91 season. Even with the help of Flown From the Nest and Alan Johnson''s clues, I''m still missing RCB, RCM and LF!

Sheesh that was a solid side - if only it had decent strikers!  Left midfield in front of B should be a P.

RCB and RCM went on to be successful at two of the biggest clubs in the country (with the defenders headed cup winner for his next club helping to secure our first european season)

Roll on the next one!

yes the left midfielder should be a P.

Not bad effort i was three at the time, got the first 7, then had to use the clues on here to get the rest! but not a bad effort. great feature!!! role of the next team!

I''ve done it now the clue letters were swapped around [:)].

There is already a thread asking to name players...is there any chance of editing posts that name players, or perhaps add SPOILER to the thread title...clues are fine because we''ll still have to think, but people perhaps don''t want to come across names whilst hunting for them. Just an idea.?

The left-sided midfielder was my old man''s favourite player. From that day forth I have never accompanied my old man to another game.

The midfielder was ex-scum, not really an out and out winger, and Donowa went to the scum after he played for ''the boys in yellow''. I must admit at least the ex-scum got stuck in, bring him in as our ''midfield coach''.

Did I see Malcolm Allen make comment about the present team the other day? Did he say that the current team were good enough for promotion; so which asylum did they find him in.

Beating West Ham in the cup, oh happy days!!

Pete is there some thing that can be done about the over referencees to previous posts ie beelsie wrote, etc this method could be avoided if the original article refered to could have its own log number so this could be referred to if someone wished to reply to a topic just check back to the log number. this method would reduce the extra print out and overload time that must be caused to the system.

There''ll be a new team every Monday and Thursday, before lunchtime, and the answers for the previous team will appear at the bottom of the screen. If you wish to post clues on here it''s probably best to put them all under one thread titled *SPOILER*

The team from Luton Away 1995/96 will be online in 5 minutes...

http://new.pinkun.com/content/NameThatTeam/default.aspx

god luton away I was there. first game after relegation, I thought this football league is going to be easy we''ll walk our way to the title. Ah to be so young and naive again. hideous ground at the time kenilworth road.

Luton Town Team

Stumped at two players

My son came in and completed the team in two minutes!!!!!

Nothing like a young mind to keep us Senior on our toes.

Great Feature

Chris[Y]

This is a cracking feature!

I''ve just completed the Luton one, with a little help from a few mates admittedly (the 5-lettered central defender had a few of us stumped for a while)!

Not sure my boss would be too happy though, ho hum...