Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Webber at 5pm

Just now, Matt Juler said:

First inkling that the door to Webber staying could be ever so slightly ajar. 

Hope so Matt, was thinking it’ll just be the end of season sort of review that he’s done each year but hopefully you’re on the right lines 👍

I was literally thinking today on the train home from work, 'Cant be long before we get an end of season debrief from Webber'. I always look forward to them due to his honesty and sometimes blunt delivery of where we are at and what the idea is moving forward! Look forward to seeing what he has to say, hopefully a hint about his own future and if the club is talking to Farke about the contract situation too. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Matt Juler said:

https://twitter.com/pinkun/status/1392829124310413315?

"... so if in 12 months' time when my contract is up and I need to stay a little longer to help the club, I'm open to doing that".

Very interesting change of tone from both him and Farke over the past few weeks, I think we might end up with both extending their contracts over the summer

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Very interesting change of tone from both him and Farke over the past few weeks, I think we might end up with both extending their contracts over the summer

Depends what league we are in. Webber just keeping his options open and you can't blame him for that.

• Like 1

Reminds me of the Japanese proverb, ie you don't want to do all the heavy lifting just to pass it over to someone else

Oda Nobunaga pounded the rice

Hideyoshi baked the cake

and Tokugawa ate it.

15 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Reminds me of the Japanese proverb, ie you don't want to do all the heavy lifting just to pass it over to someone else

Oda Nobunaga pounded the rice

Hideyoshi baked the cake

and Tokugawa ate it.

We're signing a Japanese player?

Or is it all 3, the first one is DM, the 2nd is an AM and the 3rd a goal scorer?

So prediction.......three year contract extension to both Farke & Webber, Buendia & Aarons want to stay and we have a very substantial budget to be utilised this time round! 👍💚💛

If Carlsberg Did Webber Interviews!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2

Well, the snippet seems to imply the Webber has not signed a new contract, but might be open to one in the future. The way he puts it sounds like he'd sign in Norwich are relegated but not if they stay up - which seems kind of weird and counter intuitive.

Anyway, it is a positive, but will be good to see his full season debrief and hopefully hear something about how he plans to step up recruitment this summer.

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

New contract in the works for Farke to be announced in this interview it seems.

That would be great! So would...

"We're moving heaven and earth to get Ollie Skipp back here"🙃

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Indy said:

If Carlsberg Did Webber Interviews!

If they're as bad as they do beer. No thank you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Loving what I'm hearing so far- focus on players who going to actually improve the first 11, rather than backup or squad players but honest we may have to sell an in demand player, which sounds like Aarons to me.

I think we’d all love Webber to stay longer. Had been saying that he was going to leave when his contract expires, great that he’s considering staying 

It's an interesting interview. Over £30m lost due to COVID.

Wouldn't be surprised if Farke's decision is based on the quality of players we recruit in the window. Sounds like we want to sell a player to increase the total pool we have to spend, but he did say he won't pick up the phone unless it breaks our transfer record.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

It's an interesting interview. Over £30m lost due to COVID.

Wouldn't be surprised if Farke's decision is based on the quality of players we recruit in the window. Sounds like we want to sell a player to increase the total pool we have to spend, but he did say he won't pick up the phone unless it breaks our transfer record.

I think that'll be Aarons as he mentioned it not being someone who is more valuable to us by not selling. Love Max but you can probably get a solid lower prem right back for under half what we'd likely sell him for, whereas replacing Emi would be incredibly tough.

Interesting interview - the main thing I'm taking from it is FARKE IS STAYING 😍

The concern for me was whether we could hold on to him and Webber beyond this season.

Webber made it clear Farke wants to extend his stay and that seems a formality now. Webber also making noises about potentially staying longer and being here for as long as the club needs/wants him to be there.

No need to sell more than one of the jewels (my interpretation of that was Max, as others have stated).

Skipp return seems to hinge on whether the new spurs boss wants to let him out on loan.

All very good news imo. Obviously don't want to lose Max but think it's inevitable we lose one of them this summer.

Must admit I'm somewhat surprised about the apparent extension of Farke's contract as I fully expected him to depart in 12 months time. He may still do so of course.

Webber is simply keeping his options open. His longer term commitment to Norwich amounts to .................'never walking away and leaving them in the lurch' . He talks of working abroad, taking a career break or even doing something completely different. I still think we'll be starting the 22/23 season with a new Director of Football somehow.

I'm letting myself get my hopes up about Skipp coming back. Tetts mentioned it the other day and Webber certainly didn't rule it out. 

@yellowrider120 if Farke signs an extension he will honour it.

• Like 1

Pretty much all good news. Only slight negative I can see is Webber's phrasing of "staying a bit longer". Given he makes a big deal of honouring his contracts, it could be that he doesn't want to commit himself to a longer one. Whatever he decides, he should be praised to the heavens even if he does leave next year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, king canary said:

I think that'll be Aarons as he mentioned it not being someone who is more valuable to us by not selling. Love Max but you can probably get a solid lower prem right back for under half what we'd likely sell him for, whereas replacing Emi would be incredibly tough.

Yeah, I certainly think Aarons is the most likely and the one we'd be actively looking to sell. Not that we'd want to lose him, but the fee could potentially cover 2-3 players in return.

A huge amount to take from the three interviews with Webber that have emerged (the club one, the pink un one and the athletic one). 

I have to say I liked David McNally when he was at the club, but Stuart Webber makes him look amateurish by comparison. Webber is clearly the captain of this ship, and involved in it to such fine margins. It's hard not to be impressed by him every time you see him interviewed or read quotes from what he has told reporters.

I would love to see him stay longer himself. I think Farke is a fine coach, but for me if Farke were to leave but Webber were to stay, I would still feel we were in very safe hands. 

Long may it continue.

• Like 5