Sign in to follow this  
pete

He's in against the fight against racism

Jamie Carragher the Liverpool born self appointed Sky special tactical pundit.  Is in it along with many other Sky presenters a very creditable fight to be involved. However how he managed to keep his position after his disgraceful actions in spitting at a little girl from his car.  Obviously there are certain misdemeanours that can be overlooked given time.  Brought this matter up because he is an awful person and this needs to be highlighted at every opportunity and is not the tactical genius he thinks he is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete said:

Jamie Carragher the Liverpool born self appointed Sky special tactical pundit.  Is in it along with many other Sky presenters a very creditable fight to be involved. However how he managed to keep his position after his disgraceful actions in spitting at a little girl from his car.  Obviously there are certain misdemeanours that can be overlooked given time.  Brought this matter up because he is an awful person and this needs to be highlighted at every opportunity and is not the tactical genius he thinks he is.

Wtf are you on about?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, pete said:

Was a little girl driving the car then Pete?

So, can I "self-appoint" myself as a Sky pundit? I didn't realise it was that easy.

Oh! And would you like another go at writing an intelligible thread title, just so we get some clue as to what this is supposed to be about?

Edited by horsefly

I know Pete is being very rhetorical but I am surprised at the antagonism toward him.

But we do all know that celebrity means fireproof so I am surprised Pete is surprised.

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I know Pete is being very rhetorical

That's it yes, a rhetorical thread.

Everyone leave the poor man to mumble to himself and move on about your business somewhere else. 

Yeah, it was disgusting, but it was 3 years ago and the family asked Sky not to sack him because he contacted them to apologise and showed remorse.

They moved on, not sure why Pete hasn’t.

Old news, but still unpleasant all round.  The manc toe rag in the car was taunting the Liverpool ex-player with the losing score line so hardly surprising that he got a reaction from Carragher, disgusting as it was.  

Imagine an Ipswich supporter drawing alongside you, winding his window down and taunting you in your car when they beat us (not that they ever do), what would you do?  Stick your fingers up at him?  Swear at him?  Take it in good heart and smile?  Ignore him?  I guess it depends on what mood you're in...spitting is a particularly unpleasant reaction, but then so was the taunting of someone in their private space minding their own business. An ugly incident, best forgotten imo, but it was dealt with and why the op has brought it up again, only he knows.

47 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Old news, but still unpleasant all round.  The manc toe rag in the car was taunting the Liverpool ex-player with the losing score line so hardly surprising that he got a reaction from Carragher, disgusting as it was.  

Imagine an Ipswich supporter drawing alongside you, winding his window down and taunting you in your car when they beat us (not that they ever do), what would you do?  Stick your fingers up at him?  Swear at him?  Take it in good heart and smile?  Ignore him?  I guess it depends on what mood you're in...spitting is a particularly unpleasant reaction, but then so was the taunting of someone in their private space minding their own business. An ugly incident, best forgotten imo, but it was dealt with and why the op has brought it up again, only he knows.

So you would wind the window down and gob at the car ? 

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Pete can be a bit of a kn0b but this is a hard one to argue against . 

Assume Jamie stood up when Liverpool wore the Suarez TShirts? No, didn’t so. 

I dont think anyone is particularly defending Carragher. For me personally I'm just baffled as to why it's been posted as 

A- it has nothing to do with Norwich City

B- it happened about three years ago

C- it has nothing to do with the fight against racism he mentioned in the title.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, king canary said:

I dont think anyone is particularly defending Carragher. For me personally I'm just baffled as to why it's been posted as 

A- it has nothing to do with Norwich City

B- it happened about three years ago

C- it has nothing to do with the fight against racism he mentioned in the title.

Mancs hating Scousers because they are Scousers  (or vice versa) isn't racism?

Edited by keelansgrandad

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Mancs hating Scousers because they are Scousers isn't racism?

No it isn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

No it isn't.

Why not? Racism is just Tommy Robinson and Black people. If you hate someone because of where they are from without knowing their personality is racism

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why not? Racism is just Tommy Robinson and Black people. If you hate someone because of where they are from without knowing their personality is racism

Because Liverpudlian is not a race.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Neither is being black.

I think it is;

Race and ethnicity are used to categorize certain sections of the population. In basic terms, race describes physical traits, and ethnicity refers to cultural identification. Race may also be identified as something you inherit while ethnicity is something you learn.

• Like 1

I'm confused. If you spit at young girls are you not allowed to disagree with racism? That's what I've taken from the OP anyway.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Because Mancs and Liverpudlian’s are the same race. 

11 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Doesn’t that make us racist towards the binners then ?

Another great 'On-Topic' Football Related non-story. There's more Racism now than there ever used to be - go figure. Kick the Debate about Racism out of football.......

15 hours ago, Newtopia said:

I think it is;

Race and ethnicity are used to categorize certain sections of the population. In basic terms, race describes physical traits, and ethnicity refers to cultural identification. Race may also be identified as something you inherit while ethnicity is something you learn.

So is Marcus Rashford Black or English?

This is exactly the kind of all round weird sh1t that put me off joining here in the first place....

8 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

This is exactly the kind of all round weird sh1t that put me off joining here in the first place....

Not really. You should not be discouraged from posting in the Football thread things about football. You should call on the mods to remove threads about football that descend into Sh1t as you call it. 

And then of course there’s ‘non-football’ - full of idiots that think they’re on Twitter.