Believe me if Dozzell signed for us it would cause a lot of unrest in the stands. His family history for one.

Forget it, he's crap anyway

Edited by bringbackchippy

I really can't see this being a thing anyway, we signed Sorensen as a young DM can't see why we would go for another when we need to focus on filling the hole Skipp has left with someone of the same level and experience ready for the Premier League. Dozzell is no where near that playing in a fairly average league one side

Is it wrong though that a small part of me wants us to get him on the cheap and then have him come good? It would be bloody hilarious!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Downes is the only player that they currently have worth looking at, based upon TWTD evaluation, and he wants away. 

The thing is that they always big up their youngsters nearly as much as they big up their history so it's difficult to tell if he's the real deal. Wickham was to be an England international and world-beater, remember? He ended up a bit part Premier League player. 

I believe a £2m price tag is quoted for Downes.

I suspect he's in the Skipp mold but, unlike Skipp, probably has no future higher than the Championship. 

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. It would be interesting to see what Farke and the coaching team can do with Dozzell. His dad was solid and chipped in with goals. We need this type of dynamic player in central midfield. 

😂😂😂Laughable that this is even a rumour. I'm 45, haven't played for 4 years and there's more chance I'll get a call from Farke than Dozzell...... 

• Like 1

Contradictions from the binners:.

"I wouldn’t be to sad to see Dozzell leave, even though I think there is a player in there somewhere!
I just don’t want Norwich to be the team that finds it - I could see that one biting us back big time !"

If that "player in there" cannot perform in L.1. on a consistent basis then what the hell use would he be in the Premier League?

Apparently he looks good for about ten minutes per game.

Perhaps he looked a decent prospect a couple of years ago. Not now. Awful suggestion, imo.

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Contradictions from the binners:.

"I wouldn’t be to sad to see Dozzell leave, even though I think there is a player in there somewhere!
I just don’t want Norwich to be the team that finds it - I could see that one biting us back big time !"

If that "player in there" cannot perform in L.1. then what the hell use would he be in the Premier League?

Perhaps he looked a decent prospect a couple of years ago. Not now. Awful suggestion, imo.

"I think there is a player in there somewhere" translates roughly into "how can he be this sh*t when his dad was so good"

Well, just need to look at Paul Dalglish to see that they don't always get the footballing DNA.

Dozzell over rated because of who his dad was. Same with Tom Ince when he came onto the scene, and hate to say it but I think that Angus Gunn should accept the Scotland call ups because he isn't going to be top level either. 

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

"I think there is a player in there somewhere" translates roughly into "how can he be this sh*t when his dad was so good"

Well, just need to look at Paul Dalglish to see that they don't always get the footballing DNA.

Dozzell over rated because of who his dad was. Same with Tom Ince when he came onto the scene, and hate to say it but I think that Angus Gunn should accept the Scotland call ups because he isn't going to be top level either. 

All true, but I rate Jasper Schmei (can't spell it,) and Chris Sutton was a lot better than his dad.

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

All true, but I rate Jasper Schmei (can't spell it,) and Chris Sutton was a lot better than his dad.

Kasper Schmeichel ?

• Haha 2

Dozzell signed a new three year deal in December 2020, so I doubt there was any real Championship interest.

Typical binners, over two years ago they genuinely wanted to go down to League One and rebuild with youth.

Now Paul Cook's decided they all need to be taken to the knackers yard and melted down to make glue.

From the EADT article - https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich-town-boss-cook-tells-players-to-move-7969388

"Cook has encouraged almost his entire squad to find new clubs this summer. 

That includes many players who are under contract for extended periods, such as homegrown youngsters Flynn Downes, Andre Dozzell, Luke Woolfenden, Jack Lankester and Armando Dobra. 

The list of players instructed to find new clubs also includes Teddy Bishop, despite the fact he triggered an extended stay in recent weeks, as well as left-back Myles Kenlock and goalkeepers Tomas Holy and David Cornell. "

5 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

Believe me if Dozzell signed for us it would cause a lot of unrest in the stands. His family history for one.

Forget it, he's crap anyway

Useless little sh17.. whats he done achieved at that dump in league 1

We sign him on a free, loan him to Cambridge Utd, he and Wes both score a hat-tricks is both East Anglian derbies against 1p5wich preventing them from getting anywhere near promotion.

• Like 1

We certainly have a knack of developing players but he is too low a standard now to start with I feel.

A player playing the long ball type style ipswich do and did, especially for many years under McCarthy, is not someone the club would automatically look at, in my opinion.

Not sure, other than a rumour 2-3 years ago, why anyone feels we would be after him

A hit and miss player who plays for a mid table league one team? Why on earth would we want him now we’re a premier league club. Farke can do wonders but he’s not Gandalf.

From what Broadstairs has posted from the Town fans, despite being rubbish in the 3rd tier their fans are fearing if we get our hands on him and we’ll turn him into a brilliant player as like East Rider has said, we certainly have a knack of developing young players. Can’t see us signing him now we’re PL, though might have been an option if we failed promotion this season.

3 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

From what Broadstairs has posted from the Town fans, despite being rubbish in the 3rd tier their fans are fearing if we get our hands on him and we’ll turn him into a brilliant player as like East Rider has said, we certainly have a knack of developing young players. Can’t see us signing him now we’re PL, though might have been an option if we failed promotion this season.

The thing about Ipswich is that they seem incapable of employing a manager who works out for them.

Since the Marcus Evans era they have had a succession of failures. Some, like Keane expensive failures and some, like Hurst disatrous failures. Only McCarthy brought a degree of succes but he was a  buyer rather than a developer.

By contrast we have had Lambert, Wee Alex and now DF, all plucked from nowhere and who managed, in turn, to get us promoted to the Premier League.

By comparison we have the Midas touch, whereas Portman Road has been a managerial graveyard. The same seems to apply to all their signings and their young prospects. Nothing at all works for them. Something in the water?

Cook has, so far, been yet another dud who is already questioned by the critical faithful and seemingly walking a tightrope whilst talking a good game.

There is something in the fact that Farke could realise the potential of such players as Dozell in a way that was never possible at Portman Road.

But that will never be PL potential, imo

Downes, I don't know enough except that he's hot-headed and talked up by the binners. Nothing new in that.

Edited by BroadstairsR

14 hours ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Brentford, Blackburn and Qpr all interested. Hilarious that they could have got around £3m from us a few seasons ago. Now lucky to even get £1m

That’s surprising, only heard bad things about him this season. Doesn’t seem to have done much and in & out of their team

I will offer an alternative view on Andre Dozzell. Firstly, he needs to get away from Ipswich so that he gets away from his dad. Jason frittered his career and failed to achieve half of what he should have achieved. It is many years ago now, when Jason was at Tottenham, that my brother viewed a house in a nice part of Ipswich only to discover it was Mrs D who was the seller. She had nothing  positive to say about Jason, merely that one of the reasons that they were selling was that from a sizeable income, £500 a day was going up Jason's nose. 

Sadly, there have been numerous addiction issues since as well as law infringements, and frankly Andre has to carry the weight of his dad on his shoulders. He is close to his mum, and she appears a constant and solid support.

As a player, Andre is capable of magic. The rumours a couple of years ago were based on a real interest from Norwich, and no doubt Norwich, and the England age groups, could see the rare potential.

I hope he gets a good move and can develop as Andre Dozzell, not 'son of Jason'. Norwich might work, but my gut feeling is that he needs to get further away from Ipswich.

In my admittedly limited time watching him he never stood out at either Championship or L1 level. He might turn out to be a good player but he is never PL class and never will be. Even in a team like Ipswich a player like Skipp would stand out as excellent.

If we're looking for a young holding midfielder I think our best bet is Lewis O'Brien who always looks good to me whenever I watch him and he's much better than Dozzell at the same age.