3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

If McClean is not ready for pre-season it impacts against us as well.

Neither do I see it as  supporting international sides ... it would have really shown  consideration for the players anxious to play in the tournament.

McClean now misses out by picking up an injury in a game which meant next to nothing.

Let's hope, as some have suggested, that the players had a choice.

One C too many, BroadstairsR. You're talking about a brand of toothpaste.

While I see both sides of this particular argument, most players want to play every week, without fail. Unfortunately, these things happen in football. I feel so sorry for the bloke because he's been superb. 

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

One C too many, BroadstairsR. You're talking about a brand of toothpaste.

While I see both sides of this particular argument, most players want to play every week, without fail. Unfortunately, these things happen in football. I feel so sorry for the bloke because he's been superb. 

Unfortunately the brand of toothpaste is spelled with an A not a double C so....

I really feel like I've touched on the important part of your post, there.

Gutted for Kenny, couldn't agree more.

'I wondered where the yellow went,

When I brushed my teeth with Pepsodent.'

Let's hope that's not a lament for a departed Buendia come the season's start.

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

'I wondered where the yellow went,

When I brushed my teeth with Pepsodent.'

Let's hope that's not a lament for a departed Buendia come the season's start.

Depends whether we use the money to sign Mason...er....Colgate

*leaves in silence*

2 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

I don't understand Barnsley's mentality having already qualified for the playoffs, in a meaningless match they committed 23 fouls.

24 if you include the pull back  on Omobalideli.

Yes there were a few meaty challenges going in which the ref failed to get a grip with.

Gutted for Kenny, let's hope he makes a full recovery.

1 hour ago, FatCanary said:

I really feel like I've touched on the important part of your post, there.

Gutted for Kenny, couldn't agree more.

There is nothing more important than being on brand. I'm glad we had a toothpaste expert on hand on rectify my callous mistake.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Thoughs with Kenny. I hope they invite him to the ball anyway and let him be a part of it from the dressing room

I suspect that might be tough in these pandemic times. Would be lovely though.

I hope the Barnsley bloke who made the tackle apologised to Kenny.

Totally over-the-top in a game where neither side has anything to play for, and far worse than ALL the sending offs we've had this season, whether he got something of the ball or not.

Awful timing for this to happen to him. Best wishes for a full & speedy recovery. At least he has Premiership football to look forward to as a  consolation.

Despite the fantastic season we have just enjoyed, it seemed to me, more often than not, we seemed to very rarely complete a match, even those we won, without someone getting injured & at least missing the following one. 

Just waiting for the headline 'Pukki out of Euros, breaks wrist in freak accident whilst lifting morning cup of coffee........'

Edited by Cornwall Canaryfan

14 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Thinking back to the tackle it was certainly full-blooded, defender got the ball and it was in the box so I guess the ref didn't feel that it was a foul even though he went in at speed and followed through on the player?

Thought at the time it was an obvious red card and watching the replays since hasn't changed my mind.

Of course there is no doubt that he got the ball first but under the current rules that is surely irrelevant - the tackle was two footed and reckless/dangerous which I'm pretty sure is a straight red and penalty whether the defender touches the ball or not.

We've certainly had a couple, or even three can't quite remember, rad cards in recent years where we got the ball but also the player in a manner deemed dangerous - none of which infliccted the sort of damage which McClean suffered.

The challenge was full-blooded and just as easily given as a foul, but I understand it not being. My frustrations are why Helik felt the need to produce such an equaliser-level tackle in such a game- anyone who has played at any level knows that challenge could just as easily been a run of the mill clearing tackle. Reminds me of when Cambridge (iirc) managed to snap Pritchard and Klose one pre-season match.

Absolutely gutted for one of the real good characters in our squad. Hope Hanley gets in and does him proud.

It's dreadful for Maclean, but that type of tackle happens in every game and mostly doesn't hurt anyone. 

I'd be interested to know how many injury days we suffered this season compared to last - does anyone calculate that kind of thing? When you consider Krul, McGovern, Quintilla, Byram, Zimmermann, Rupp, Hernandez, Pukki, Hugill, Idah, Gibson and then add the latter injuries to Skipp, Pukki and Maclean we didn't fare too well again.

That 25 man squad for the PL is already looking a bit light......

Absolutely gutted for Kenny.

As mentioned he is a top character and would have been a strong member of the Scotland Euro squad after scintillating displays for us this season. I just hope, once he recovers from the devastating news, he can start to look forward to an exciting campaign back in the PL with us and work to that goal. 

I'm looking forward to seeing him in our PL team that's for sure.