Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Fulham, WBA, Sheffield Utd

13 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Back down where they belongĀ 

Probably three favourites for promotion there

13 hours ago, lake district canary said:

No bottom three rejects here please.

This is insane, even taking into account the fact it's you posting!

• Haha 1

I know he is only a loanee from Chelsea but Connor Gallagher at WBA looks a very handy and exciting player.

Norwood at the Bladed s a very good midfield player.

Bobby Reid at Fulham might be the lively sort we are looking for and Mitrovic is still only 26.

50 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I know he is only a loanee from Chelsea but Connor Gallagher at WBA looks a very handy and exciting player.

Norwood at the Bladed s a very good midfield player.

Bobby Reid at Fulham might be the lively sort we are looking for and Mitrovic is still only 26.

Mitrovic is good at Championship level but has always flopped in the Prem- Nevermind him being on over 60 grand a week.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Mitrovic is good at Championship level but has always flopped in the Prem- Nevermind him being on over 60 grand a week.

Scored theĀ same numberĀ as Teemu last time he had a fair go.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wasn't Teemu a flop until we took him?

Fulham have played well other than up front and in defence (!) - that was pretty much what Scott Parker said last night. They can't score and they can't keep a clean sheet, like us, but they have good players, again like us. Andersen is quality, as is Lookman. I love Loftus-Cheek (I know, we can't afford him, even on loan from Chelsea). Maja won't pass the "no d1ckh3ad" rule.

Pereira from West Brom is a great player but I think they paid Ā£20m for him last summer so will want a lot more after a year in the PL.

Sheff Utd have some really good defenders who might easily fit the bill as back up/squad fillers - McConnell/Egan/Baldock etc.

Our problem is still the same as it ever was - we can't afford anyone we've ever heard of and would like to have.

17 hours ago, Alex Moss said:
18 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Why? Just because those 3 sides have gone down doesnā€™t mean the whole squad is made up of poor quality. Case in point, youā€™d be utterly mad not to takeĀ Pereira from bottom 3 rejects West Brom, Lakey.

And letā€™s not forget, we were ā€˜bottom 3 rejectsā€™ last time around. But you wouldnā€™t take Buendia, Cantwell, Aarons, Krul etc?

We kept our relegated players and they paid us back by getting us back up, which imo is what relegated players should do.Ā  That Godfrey and Lewis left was fine too, as they did not jump from a relegated team to a promoted team.Ā 

On the whole I don't think a relegated player should move to a promoted team.Ā  Its not insane point of view, it's just something that doesn't sit right with me in terms of motivation.Ā Ā  If a player is happy to move from a relegated team to a promoted team, then it looks tacky - better they stay and fight with their own team to get back, like our players did, unless they had real career progression in their transfers.

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We kept our relegated players and they paid us back by getting us back up, which imo is what relegated players should do.Ā  That Godfrey and Lewis left was fine too, as they did not jump from a relegated team to a promoted team.Ā 

On the whole I don't think a relegated player should move to a promoted team.Ā  Its not insane point of view, it's just something that doesn't sit right with me in terms of motivation.Ā Ā  If a player is happy to move from a relegated team to a promoted team, then it looks tacky - better they stay and fight with their own team to get back, like our players did, unless they had real career progression in their transfers.

ā€˜If a player is happy to move from a relegated team to a promoted team, then it looks tackyā€™

You cannot be serious, Lakey? šŸŽ¾Ā 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Back down where they belongĀ 

Like we were this season? šŸ˜³

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

ā€˜If a player is happy to move from a relegated team to a promoted team, then it looks tackyā€™

Yes.Ā  If I was a player in a team that had just been relegated I would feel an obligation to put it right and would not feel that jumping on to the back of a club going in the other direction was in any way an ethical thing to do, from a sporting perspective and a moral one. If, as in Godfrey's and Lewis's case they are moving up the career ladder to clubs already in the PL, that is different.

From a club perspective, picking the bones of a relegated side is not something I want to see, except in exceptional cases, of which there will not be many. Pereira? I don't know, good player, but has he the fight that is needed to do well in the PL?Ā  If so let a bigger club have him, as he moves up the ladder.Ā  I would rather new faces with a bit of gumption, not players just looking for a way back to the PL on the back of a promoted side after their own has just been relegated.Ā 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Believe me, he is serious, deluded,Ā  but serious.Ā 

18 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

He is.

We have this same thing every off season.

In defense of Lakey, itā€™s a coherent position to take, and one that will enjoyĀ a degree of empathy among football supporters across Britain.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yes.Ā  If I was a player in a team that had just been relegated I would feel an obligation to put it right and would not feel that jumping on to the back of a club going in the other direction was in any way an ethical thing to do, from a sporting perspective and a moral one. If, as in Godfrey's and Lewis's case they are moving up the career ladder to clubs already in the PL, that is different.

From a club perspective, picking the bones of a relegated side is not something I want to see, except in exceptional cases, of which there will not be many. Pereira? I don't know, good player, but has he the fight that is needed to do well in the PL?Ā  If so let a bigger club have him, as he moves up the ladder.Ā  I would rather new faces with a bit of gumption, not players just looking for a way back to the PL on the back of a promoted side after their own has just been relegated.Ā 

I honestly can't see any difference ethically between leaving a relegated club for a promoted one and leaving them for one already in the PL.

And are you really saying that you wouldn't have Snoddy back?Ā 

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I honestly can't see any difference ethically between leaving a relegated club for a promoted one and leaving them for one already in the PL.

And are you really saying that you wouldn't have Snoddy back?Ā 

Are you saying we should get him back?Ā  Hardly a Farke type player, selfish, slow, never looked convincing tracking back, coming up to 34 at the start of next season.Ā Ā  We need the opposite kind of players - team players, those that will track back as enthusiastically as go forwards, young and super fit.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Believe me, he is serious, deluded,Ā  but serious.Ā 

What is it with you?Ā  You slander me at every opportunity and as surfer says, in this case, my view is perfectly reasonable.Ā  Disagree by all means, but just leave the other stuff out, it does you no credit.

Surely West Brom could emulate us next year, Ā their bench recentlyĀ includedĀ Robson Kanu, Livermore, Diangana, Sawyers.Ā 

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

In defense of Lakey, itā€™s a coherent position to take, and one that will enjoyĀ a degree of empathy among football supporters across Britain.Ā 

Iā€™m not sure itā€™s coherent. Relegated players should stay with their clubs? Why? To get them back up? Why does that matter to us? Ones that are good enough donā€™t have to though, itā€™s all over the place as a position and full of holes.

The only thing that matters is are they good enough, are they the right fit, do they want to come and can weĀ afford them. Their clubs current standing isnā€™t relevant to any transfer.

I couldnā€™t care less whether these clubs players stay with them or not and Iā€™m confused why anyone else who isnā€™t a supporter of those clubs would.

Ā 

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Maybe among supporters,Ā  but I doubt it matters to the guys that actually put together squads,Ā  ifĀ  they thinkĀ  a player fits, that's the main criteria. True ,its a coherentĀ  position to take, if taking positions is yourĀ  thing,Ā  just not reality.Ā 

On 11/05/2021 at 08:44, AJ said:

First time ever all 3 teams have been relegated this early in the season apparently. A shame we weren't up there this season as the gap between those teams and safety is massive, think it'll be harder next seasonĀ 

I donā€™t - Brighton Burnley and palace will all struggle for various reasons, Watford will capitulate after a poor start, then that leaves Bournemouth who will struggle with Woodgate managing themĀ 

weā€™ve done this the long way round but we will be much better prepared this season coming than we were in our last Prem campaign -14th place finish incoming....

7 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Iā€™m not sure itā€™s coherent. Relegated players should stay with their clubs? Why? To get them back up? Why does that matter to us? Ones that are good enough donā€™t have to though, itā€™s all over the place as a position and full of holes.

The only thing that matters is are they good enough, are they the right fit, do they want to come and can weĀ afford them. Their clubs current standing isnā€™t relevant to any transfer.

I couldnā€™t care less whether these clubs players stay with them or not and Iā€™m confused why anyone else who isnā€™t a supporter of those clubs would.

Totally agree with this. In fact, I'd go one further.

Surely a supporter doesn't give the slightest jot where a player comes from if they perform and do well for their side?Ā 

On 10/05/2021 at 22:57, Alex Moss said:

Anyone from Fulham weā€™d pinch? They put in a spirited display tonight I thought, but as is so often the case too little, too late. I agree with Tilly, thatā€™s a good away day there by the Thames.

Lamina who was on loan to them from Southampton. Big, strong and skillfulĀ 

• Like 1

Nothing against Lakey at all but I just think his ideas on how all players relegated from the Premier League must accept relegation and settle for the Championship as some sort of moral duty is slightly romantic pie in the sky thinking. No offence Lakey!Ā 

• Like 1

On 12/05/2021 at 19:46, corbs said:

Surely West Brom could emulate us next year, Ā their bench recentlyĀ includedĀ Robson Kanu, Livermore, Diangana, Sawyers.Ā 

Apart from Diangana that's pretty awfull

2 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Apart from Diangana that's pretty awfull

It isnt in the Championship. Sawyer was in the team of the season when West Brom went up and Livermore would walk into most Championship sides.

Heā€™d just come off the back of a good season with Brondby where he had scored lord of goals. Should also imagine his wages were a lot less thank 60k. Plus we signed him for champ not prem. Pukki that is.

Edited by BigGrantsTash

Ola Aina. RB on loan at Fulham from Torino. Previously a Chelsea youth player. Torino paid nearly 15 million for him couple of years ago. Nigerian international. Looks decent and still early 20s.

Connor Gallagher whoā€™s on loan at West Brom from Chelsea this season. Looked a bright spark for them and been a regular. Can play across midfield and quite creative. Could be a good addition on loan.

On 10/05/2021 at 22:59, lake district canary said:

Not all rejects are bad mate - look at that free Finnish Celtic reject.Ā However, I have to admit Iā€™mĀ not too keen on signing any eitherĀ as I think they will probably costĀ too high transfer fees and wages. I donā€™t think weā€™ll sign any anyway because of this, andĀ none of the players weā€™ve been linked with so far are from those clubs.

Edited by HazzaJet