Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Fulham, WBA, Sheffield Utd

14 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Back down where they belongĀ 

No away days at either The Vine near West Brom or several decent pubs in West London which is rather a shame. Sheffield not so much so.

• Like 1

Fulham played some decent stuff. Sheff Utd as we know did well the season before. Sam Allardyce never relegated before.

To take nothing away from the squad after this fantastic Champ season,Ā I think the aboveĀ just demonstrates how hard next season will be.Ā My expectations after last time have been incredibly tempered.Ā 

Letā€™s hope we can accumulate some gems over the transferĀ window as well as holding onto the usual suspects.Ā 

• Like 3

Anyone from Fulham weā€™d pinch? They put in a spirited display tonight I thought, but as is so often the case too little, too late. I agree with Tilly, thatā€™s a good away day there by the Thames.

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No bottom three rejects here please.

Why? Just because those 3 sides have gone down doesnā€™t mean the whole squad is made up of poor quality. Case in point, youā€™d be utterly mad not to takeĀ Pereira from bottom 3 rejects West Brom, Lakey.

And letā€™s not forget, we were ā€˜bottom 3 rejectsā€™ last time around. But you wouldnā€™t take Buendia, Cantwell, Aarons, Krul etc?

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Anyone from Fulham weā€™d pinch? They put in a spirited display tonight I thought, but as is so often the case too little, too late. I agree with Tilly, thatā€™s a good away day there by the Thames.

Lemina who is on loan from Southampton looks OK, one to keep in mind if Skipp isn't an option next season?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Given how our team is made up of players who just last season were comfortably bottom, this seems a bit of a strange attitude to take.Ā 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Why? Just because those 3 sides have gone down doesnā€™t mean the whole squad is made up of poor quality. Case in point, youā€™d be utterly mad not to takeĀ Pereira from bottom 3 rejects West Brom, Lakey.

And letā€™s not forget, we were ā€˜bottom 3 rejectsā€™ last time around. But you wouldnā€™t take Buendia, Cantwell, Aarons, Krul etc?

Beat me to it.

Just now, Donā€™t be Krul said:

Lemina who is on loan from Southampton looks OK, one to keep in mind if Skipp isn't an option next season?

I must admit that I donā€™t really know much about their players but they did seem to have some decent enough players out there tonight that looked physically up to itĀ through the middle, plus the likes of Lookman who can be quite a handful. I get the impression they were 2, 3, maybe 4 players short of being able to stay up, and we learnt that only too well ourselves.

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Because we've got enough already? Personally, I have a lot of time for our bottom three rejects that have just given me an amazing season, so I will fully trust Mr Farke in either the decision to sign them or to not sign them...

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Given how our team is made up of players who just last season were comfortably bottom, this seems a bit of a strange attitude to take.Ā 

Exactly, TY. With all due respect to Lakey, that is the kind of attitude I,Ā and am sure we, often encounter when reading threads aboutĀ our players on some of the bigger Prenier League clubs message boards. Although many want to sign him,Ā Iā€™ve seen someĀ arrogant sneers by Everton fans about Aarons for instance.Ā 

To add to my last post, I did laugh reading the Everton message board when one of their posters didnā€™t think Aarons was up to it, only later to admit heā€™d never watched him play - what a donut! Seriously makes me laugh when people post an opinion on a player - having never seen said player even play!

Godfrey in particular didnā€™t do so badly in the PL this season, beingĀ a ā€˜bottom three rejectā€™. Ā In truth, theĀ main thing stopping us signing players from those three sides is more likely to be down to affordability.

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Godfrey in particular didnā€™t do so badly in the PL this season, beingĀ a ā€˜bottom three rejectā€™. Ā In truth, theĀ main thing stopping us signing players from those three sides is more likely to be down to affordability.

Yep, Pereira being an excellent example, BP. I do seem to remember Stuart Webber making it known that he had a policy of not signing players whoā€™d suffered relegation from the Premier League -Ā whether that policy still remains I donā€™t know however.

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interesting to see Burnley survive in the Prem despite spending a grand total of 1 million pounds on transfers this season..

It was. That freebie (Ā£15m) striker scored for them to help with that

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Every single post you put on here shows exactly how little you know about football

Pereira will be off to a top half side I'd assume. If not then clearly I'd take him.

If Emi was sold he'd be a top replacement and he's arguably done better than Emi at that level as well.

Most of the rest I don't think we could afford.

Josh Maja has a bit of a ring to it, we've got Bali Mumba to help him settle, need that exact type striker and he's just had his first taste of prem football so the bedding in period is complete. We've also mentioned how France is an area we are looking to exploit in the market so it definitely adds up.

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I wouldn't mind Josh Maja at Carrow Road. Seems his parent club (Bordeaux) are in a little difficulty and he's shown some good moments for Fulham.Ā 

I saw him on the Sunderland TV programme on Netflix - not sure that he would pass the "character test."

First time ever all 3 teams have been relegated this early in the season apparently. A shame we weren't up there this season as the gap between those teams and safety is massive, think it'll be harder next seasonĀ 

9 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Harrison Reed.

I'm sure Webber regrets the bottom three rejects quote he made last time. It was fairly odd stance and if he stood by it, we'd be looking to shift Pukki, Buendia, Krul etc.

There are definitely players in those three squads who would improve us.

I would be a bit worried if I were a Fulham fan. Despite the fact they were the best of the three relegated teams, half their squad and most of the best performers were on loan.

It seems quite odd that Fulham have been relegated comfortably but there seems to be so many players in there we'd be interested in. Lemina has good pedigree (although his wages might be high), Lookman is a very good player (but would likely be too expensive if Leipzig sell), Maja could be an option as a vice-Pukki and Reed is solid and dependable.

Two other options would be Aina and Andersen, as both seem out of favour with their parent clubs. Aina's profile ticks almost every single box as a potential replacement for Aarons should he leave, and Andersen would be a great option at centre back if we could do a deal, although Lyon spent ā‚¬24m on him so would probably hold out for a fee higher than we'd be prepared to pay, as well as attracting interest from higher up the food chain.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It seems quite odd that Fulham have been relegated comfortably but there seems to be so many players in there we'd be interested in. Lemina has good pedigree (although his wages might be high), Lookman is a very good player (but would likely be too expensive if Leipzig sell), Maja could be an option as a vice-Pukki and Reed is solid and dependable.

Two other options would be Aina and Andersen, as both seem out of favour with their parent clubs. Aina's profile ticks almost every single box as a potential replacement for Aarons should he leave, and Andersen would be a great option at centre back if we could do a deal, although Lyon spent ā‚¬24m on him so would probably hold out for a fee higher than we'd be prepared to pay, as well as attracting interest from higher up the food chain.

lots of quality there but it was hastily scrambled together last summer after the playoffs. Hopefully we get our main business done early and keep it to limited but qualityĀ first team upgrades and youth punts only.

They had a lot of loans as well which will possibly hurt them now. Having to replace Skipp is bad enough!

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Good point.

Liverpool really got mugged off when they bought those rejects Wijnaldum and Robertson from Newcastle and Hull.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kirku said:

Good point.

Liverpool really got mugged off when they bought those rejects Wijnaldum and Robertson from Newcastle and Hull.

And poor Everton, buying that Godfrey fella!

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And poor Everton, buying that Godfrey fella!

He's been rubbish for them, hasn't he?Ā 

Absolute reject of a centre half from a team who couldn't keep a clean sheet to save their lives and finished dead last. I bet the fans are rioting.

• Haha 1

take your time, take your time, sheff united

you binned Wilder and now you'll stay

for a while in the championship doldrums (doldrums, doldrums)

that's the reason Norwich have a way