Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So- Are we switching to Joma?

18 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Newcastle apparently switching to Castore. 

image.jpeg.25c0861ce04491842cf019d38239adc9.jpeg

Castore look like they tick all the boxes to me, Midlands. To be fair, their gear looks quite smart I think.

Edited by Alex Moss
Wrong word 🤓

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Castore look like they tick all the boxes to me, Midlands. To be fair, their gear looks quite smart I think.

Yeah, I agree. I'd never heard of them before seeing them mentioned in this thread and they do look like they make some good stuff. Eye-wateringly expensive stuff, but good stuff nonetheless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

They’ve only been going half a dozen years, set up by two young brothers. They manufacture the Rangers and West Indies cricket kits at present. Newcastle and Wolves are next in line allegedly but no complaints from me if we join also. 

• Like 1

I think we should switch to 99Kits, would be great to support a local business! 

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They’ve only been going half a dozen years, set up by two young brothers. They manufacture the Rangers and West Indies cricket kits at present. Newcastle and Wolves are next in line allegedly but no complaints from me if we join also. 

If Newcastle and Wolves are going with Castore, I can't see us doing the same. Both of those clubs would be bigger clients than us, and as someone else has pointed out, we like to be the headlining act when you consider Errea's other teams. 

I still feel like it's Joma or a kit maker that's up and coming or just so small we can have more of a say of what goes on the shirt. If we paid off the contract with Errea early it suggests to me it's because the deal we've now got suits us more financially

3 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

If Newcastle and Wolves are going with Castore, I can't see us doing the same. Both of those clubs would be bigger clients than us, and as someone else has pointed out, we like to be the headlining act when you consider Errea's other teams. 

I still feel like it's Joma or a kit maker that's up and coming or just so small we can have more of a say of what goes on the shirt. If we paid off the contract with Errea early it suggests to me it's because the deal we've now got suits us more financially

Why not? Adidas do the Ipswich kit when you’d really match them up with George at Asda. Maybe our deal is not quite as lucrative as Wolves or Newcastle but I’d imagine we shift plenty of shirts yearly. 

Rangers are huge but hardly have a world wide audience like the Premier league. Fingers crossed it’s not Joma or Fruit of the Loom. 

42 minutes ago, AJ said:

I think we should switch to 99Kits, would be great to support a local business! 

Heard club were going that way until Saturday pm, switched to 97Kits at the last minute

I'll get me kit

• Haha 1

Rangers had a few problems with the Castore kits to start off with (difference in quality depending where they were manufactured), not sure if it's been sorted out but the fans were slightly miffed. 

Apples

41 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

The last bit you mention is what had me intrigued earlier in this thread. When you think about it, it’s got to be one *hell* of a saving because buying out 3 seasons with Errea will all come off the profit for those 3 years with our next supplier. 

The Castore stuff looks good quality. I may be wrong but I doubt being the ‘headline act’ for a kit supplier is our priority. Especially given Castore, if the information is correct, only have Wolves and Newcastle on their PL books next season. I don’t think that puts us so far down the queue that it’s enough for us to worry about to be honest, it’s hardly Nike.

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

The last bit you mention is what had me intrigued earlier in this thread. When you think about it, it’s got to be one *hell* of a saving because buying out 3 seasons with Errea will all come off the profit for those 3 years with our next supplier. 

The Castore stuff looks good quality. I may be wrong but I doubt being the ‘headline act’ for a kit supplier is our priority. Especially given Castore, if the information is correct, only have Wolves and Newcastle on their PL books next season. I don’t think that puts us so far down the queue that it’s enough for us to worry about to be honest, it’s hardly Nike.

Birmingham City play in Nike kits. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Birmingham City play in Nike kits. 

That’s only relevant, Midlands, if BCFC have come out and also said they choose a kit maker based on how important they are to the manufacturer in terms of pecking order (if the info above that Danke Bitte said about us is correct of course).

Anyone can go with Nike, Adidas, etc, I don’t think that’s anything we don’t know already in all fairness buddy.

The Newcastle away looks like a polo shirt from the final sale rail at TK Maxx. 🤣

Apples

1 minute ago, Mr Apples said:

The Newcastle away looks like a polo shirt from the final sale rail at TK Maxx. 🤣

Apples

That made me chortle, it still looks better than any of our recent kits though. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

Close Apples, I bought one in Sports Direct not so long back!

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

That made me chortle, it still looks better than any of our recent kits though. 

Blasphemy!

Those Newcastle kits are all concept kits off the internet though. It hasn;t been confirmed that Castore are taking over their kit yet and nothing has been released although there are very strong rumours. 

I don't know what the current regime's view on the matter is but certainly back in the day when Mcnally was asked about using manufacturers such as Nike for the kits he basically said that unless you are one of their biggest clubs you tend to get templates and don;t get priority for orders/stock etc so at that time the club definitely preferred to be a "big fish" for a smaller manufacturer where you were given more priority. I have no idea whether that has changed with the current commercial team.

Never had a problem with Errea personally - although I know some fans did.

My complete and utter guess is Samurai.  Just a hunch.  Think the club will try and use a local supplier, or as local as possible.

I never knew Samurai was a Norwich/Norfolk based company. Yes would be good to use a local supplier.

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Why not? Adidas do the Ipswich kit when you’d really match them up with George at Asda. Maybe our deal is not quite as lucrative as Wolves or Newcastle but I’d imagine we shift plenty of shirts yearly. 

Rangers are huge but hardly have a world wide audience like the Premier league. Fingers crossed it’s not Joma or Fruit of the Loom. 

Fruit of the Loom! Now that's a name I haven't heard in some time. All my old band t-shirts (when bands were a thing) were FotL. Happy memories 😄 

I'm more a Gildian man myself: black t-shirt, one wash, grey t-shirt. Like magic!

Seriously though, I don't mind Joma, they've done some nice enough kits for Swansea. The logo looks a bit naff in fairness but Errera was hardly amazing. I genuinely thought Errea made some decent clobber, the last few seasons the Norwich shirts have been really good quality and a great fit even if they ran a bit small. 

3 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

. I genuinely thought Errea made some decent clobber, the last few seasons the Norwich shirts have been really good quality and a great fit even if they ran a bit small. 

All mine seem to got smaller over lockdown........

• Haha 1