Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So- Are we switching to Joma?

I remember all the rumours that were swirling around a while ago about us supposedly being set to switch our shirt producers to Joma, the well known bottom of the barrel bargin bucket shirt makers.

Have there been any updates yet?

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I remember all the rumours that were swirling around a while ago about us supposedly being set to switch our shirt producers to Joma, the well known bottom of the barrel bargin bucket shirt makers.

Have there been any updates yet?

Well according the Paddy Davitt on the pinkun Q&A its definitely not going to be Errera, he knows who it is but can't say and expects there to be some sort of announcement soon

No smoke without fire and all that jazz - would love it to be a big brand now we're back in the Prem but we know it won't be

I dunno, Joma are prett hi-brow with lots of quality football hertige. The highest profile English team that wear Joma has links to the Brasil National team; Exeter City.

I heard its going to be Castore but only gossip and not sure how reliable. 

Would fit with the fact that we like to go with suppliers for whom we are one of their biggests teams/clients. 

Hummel have made some of the best kits in recent years, I would like to see us join up with them.

• Like 1

I see a sign in the window of the club shop saying 50% off all Errea products, so guessing they are clearing stock in readiness for a new supplier.

32 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

When does next season start? I can't stand much more of this nonsense. 

14 August start, fixtures 16 June, transfer window closes 31 August Don’t bother to write the fixtures on the calendar, Sky will rip it up.

• Haha 1

Glad to shelve Errea. Granted, they have improved more recently, but generally the quality and fit on some of their products is awful. 

Looking at other kits, I think some of the Hummel designs would look very good. I also like what Kappa and Macron produce, Macron in particular have made some beautiful Lazio shirts in recent years! 

Wouldn't want Nike, Adidas or Puma - Not that I'd expect the club to go down such an unimaginative route. 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Did you know there's an off switch on your phone/laptop/computer?

I'm not sure that there is one on yours though. 😇😉👍

• Haha 3

Could always go for Saller if we REALLY wanted to go full obscure German. Bias from my end, as my old team in Germany used to play in their kit.

3 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

I see a sign in the window of the club shop saying 50% off all Errea products, so guessing they are clearing stock in readiness for a new supplier.

They are expecting more stock, certainly of the third kit. expected today. 

NCFC kit.PNG

Imo the most important thing is that our kit is predominantly yellow and the players play well in it, not who it’s made by; it isn’t something I can get overly bothered by.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Imo the most important thing is that our kit is predominantly yellow and the players play well in it, not who it’s made by; it isn’t something I can get overly bothered by.

But then what would he have to moan talk about ? 

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I heard its going to be Castore but only gossip and not sure how reliable. 

Would fit with the fact that we like to go with suppliers for whom we are one of their biggests teams/clients. 

Never heard of this brand before, Jim, but looking at their website it did scream ‘Webber’ to me, looks very good quality on first look.

One thing I think we can be certain of is it won’t be a ‘top’ brand. Though I did wonder at one point with our huge German links whether we’d get Adidas on board. I’m sure the club know too that a replica of the early 80’s Adidas kits would be a huge hit, especially given many City fans weren’t around to own the originals plus the shirts are likely far more marketable to a wider audience, as some people are quite precious when it comes to brand names.

The deal got canned for whatever reason. I believe we came to a mutual agreement financially.

19 minutes ago, Clint said:

The deal got canned for whatever reason. I believe we came to a mutual agreement financially.

Makes you wonder why we bought the contract out, can only mean we got offered an incredible deal with another company if we’ve thought it worthwhile buying out the contract with 3 seasons worth of kits to run. So that leads me to think our new deal is with either a very big company, or a super small up and coming brand rather than somewhere in between I.e Errea.