Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

Oakwell Barnsley

Apparently the Council owns Barnsley's ground. Possibly an advantage if no ground maintenance  or development overheads. On that basis I hope they don't make the Premier League.

Have they got it rent free then? And they will certainly be responsible for maintenance and upkeep at the very least. Good luck to them in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Do they give season tickets for life, if you invest a few quid,that then roll over in perpetuity, I bet they do.😉👍😇

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, essex canary said:

Apparently the Council owns Barnsley's ground. Possibly an advantage if no ground maintenance  or development overheads. On that basis I hope they don't make the Premier League.

I used to be Essex canary!

The Council bought it about 20 years ago when they risked going out of existence. On that basis the first thing they ought to do upon promotion to the Premier League is buy it back. That will be 20 to 30 million less that they can afford on players and may increase our chances of staying up.

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Do they give season tickets for life, if you invest a few quid,that then roll over in perpetuity, I bet they do.😉👍😇

If they don't own a ground hard to see why they would need shareholders to provide a free landlord service. Pity you don't have a little more respect for those who do that for NCFC.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

If they don't own a ground hard to see why they would need shareholders to provide a free landlord service. Pity you don't have a little more respect for those who do that for NCFC.

Why would I have respect for someone who doesn't  understand what  ' for life' means. 

3 hours ago, raunds canary said:

The difference is you know how to use the shift key and understand when to use capital letters. 😉

Edited by Nuff Said

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Why would I have respect for someone who doesn't  understand what  ' for life' means. 

'For life' was ambiguous in context as it could either be interpreted as life of the original holder or life of anybody who subsequently holds the shares.

The point is what does the heir do with the shares? That can either take them on or leave them on the shelf. If they do the latter they simply wave goodbye to any value. The former is therefore a better approach as they may be worth something down the line. Then again if Covid19 had been Covid17 perhaps not. Why should anybody have been expected to take on the risk for free?

I wonder if Tom Smith will inherit a seat with his shares? Same philosophy as Tory Government, one rule for one another for another.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

'For life' was ambiguous in context as it could either be interpreted as life of the original holder or life of anybody who subsequently holds the shares.

The point is what does the heir do with the shares? That can either take them on or leave them on the shelf. If they do the latter they simply wave goodbye to any value. The former is therefore a better approach as they may be worth something down the line. Then again if Covid19 had been Covid17 perhaps not. Why should anybody have been expected to take on the risk for free?

I wonder if Tom Smith will inherit a seat with his shares? Same philosophy as Tory Government, one rule for one another for another.

Yawn 🥱 🥱

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But is the stadium regulated?

Regulated for what?

Is Coventry's ground regulated?

Must be some sort of Peppercorn Rent agreement, they were very popular around here, once upon a time...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

'For life' was ambiguous in context as it could either be interpreted as life of the original holder or life of anybody who subsequently holds the shares

This is only ambiguous if the shares are in fact 'alive '😅 . You have  chosen to  see ambiguity  where there is none. 

...Or have you formed a group of disgruntled  shareholders, along with all the others that feel hard done by. Is there many of you on board ? have you sought legal advice and has the advisor stopped laughing  yet?

Were you  led to believe that these shares carried a season ticket  ad infinitum? 

Edited by wcorkcanary

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'GROUP PHOTO OF EVERYONE WHO CARES'

It is just one of many things wrong with football. Why should Rotherham be relegated when they have been bothered to retain and maintain their own ground when Coventry haven't done so. Still at least justice was done in Sheffield Wednesdays case. Petty it wasn't in Derby's too. But then no one else cares so why worry.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

But then no one else cares so why worry.

You off then? 

Mind the door doesnt hit you on the way out! 😉 

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

You off then? 

Mind the door doesnt hit you on the way out! 😉 

Perhaps I will take a break until TIL makes more progress on his supporters panel enquiry.

Judging by exhibit A it could be quite a long one,

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I genuinely - and I am not trying to be a smart-**** - have no idea what is going on here.

Tbf, that's prob the best way! 

13 hours ago, raunds canary said:

10 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

The difference is you know how to use the shift key and understand when to use capital letters. 😉

The shift key must have broken when they moved to Raunds I guess 😋

• Haha 1

On 10/05/2021 at 01:08, essex canary said:

Oh dear,  are you the modern day stato or extremely bored? 

On 10/05/2021 at 12:54, Nuff Said said:

Explained Nuff Said to raunds canary

Raunds
Raunds is a market town in North Northamptonshire, England. It had a population of 8,641 at the 2011 census

On 10/05/2021 at 00:08, essex canary said:

They own 50%, the other 50% is owned by the family of their former owner (who also own 20% of the shares in the club)

There is a dispute with the Clyne family over the purchase of the majority shareholding and they are refusing to sell their half until resolved. There is an agreed price.

Barnsley do want to buy that half back, and then the other half from the council, but there is another legal issue standing in the way first. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten