Sign in to follow this  
Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People

A Champions League Player playing in The Championship

They think that he could fit in any of the top 6 clubs AND that he is replaceable? Does not compute 🤔

Buendia and Pukki to be fair are unique players that suit us so perfectly that they're both the only irreplaceable members of our squad. We could never in a million years afford an equal quality replacement for Buendia, our only hope would be another young player who might be near his level in a few seasons time. Likewise you don't get many strikers in the Pukki mold and his style works so well for us. 

Any other player we could replace to some degree, but not these two, we have to keep them both going into next year. 

• Like 1

I tend to agree. I don’t think Buendia is replaceable, he is hands down the best player i have witnessed at this club. That is probably the only part of their interview i thought was wrong. Only thing i would want is for him to get the chance to represent Argentina while he is still a player here as i feel realistically he will give us one more season before moving on to that Champions League club. 

Everyone compares his stats to Grealish and says how Jack performed better and got more goals and assists but they don’t add that Villa invested £100m on new players that season in the Prem to make them stand out more compared to our budget to help Emi and co out. 

If we had a billionaire owner who gave some of their money to us then I do believe he might be replaceable, it’s just I think signing a replacement for him would mean a transfer fee of at least £80m and wages of at least £100k p/w

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

If we had a billionaire owner who gave some of their money to us then I do believe he might be replaceable, it’s just I think signing a replacement for him would mean a transfer fee of at least £80m and wages of at least £100k p/w

Whilst I don't think we can replace him with our budget, not sure how you get to a 80m transfer fee unless that is what you are also expecting to receive? Otherwise, why would it cost that to buy, but not receive when selling?

I think both Buendia and Pukki could play in a top side and not look out of place, can probably add Aaron's, Krul and Cantwell to that list too, and Skipp from this season. We've been lucky enough to develop some top prospects and enjoy them playing here. I truly hope we stay up next season because it will be said to see them all inevitably leave