Sign in to follow this  
beelsie

What is this mysterious thin called fitness

Worthy talks about the lack of fitness in Safri and how it will take a great deal of work to get him back to sharpness etc.  "To our standard" I presume he means, as in Norwich City''s.  At this point, can I pose a question to our Norwich City faithful. 

Fitness; I believe is about raring to go and express ones self at the sport of ones choosing.  Can any of us say hands on hearts that we witness a group of players who are, so to speak, champing at the bit to express themselves in a meaningful way on the field of play?

What I have seen is a group who can not wake up in time for the kick off, a group of experienced players who do not know what their jobs are, who are unable to get in the faces of the opposition,to get to the ball first, to win it and pass it accurately a few times, to move as a team who want to win.  To me they look exhausted before the kick off, and as is the case often, in my experience, unable to compete and complete 90minutes.  "Have they left there energy on the training ground"?  If so, is the answer to re-educate the coaching team?

This is precisely the mystery,  Perhaps the trainers sharpen the Knife so much that there''s no edge left on the field of play!!

[quote user="beelsie"]This is precisely the mystery,  Perhaps the trainers sharpen the Knife so much that there''s no edge left on the field of play!![/quote]

its hard to put a finger on it really beelsie, the atmosphere at carrow road has not helped, nor the injuries to players and pressure on the players to perform. The rot just seems to have set in..  You can take west ham as an example, when they got relegated they had 5 england /or future england players in the team.  Players like Bowyer, Joe Cole, Jermaine Defoe, Michael Carrick, Freddy Kanoute, David James, Trevor Sinclair, Glen Johnson, Hayden Mullins, Ian Pearce, Gary Breen.  Almost the whole of their relegated side is still playing in the premiership now!!

Something has gone rotten at carrow road, if the players have the ability why are they not using it..  When the relegation worries are over I would have thought we would see them play better if this was the case.

It something that Jarrett needed more of when he went to Plymouth despite our reputed fitness levels... 

You can be as fit as you like but if you cannot keep possession and get passed off the pitch then you will wear down just like lesser mortals.

A lesser fit passing team will always beat a super fit technically inept team.