CANARYKING

Things you’re not looking forward to next season

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We will need more practice pre season on that list and I’m hoping Todd can be our key player. 

sadly there's a bit of truth in what you're saying. I'm conflicted

Getting beat every week and struggling I know it’s negative but unless we greatly improve our squad it will be just like last time 

I some ways it’s been a hard season really struggled to find things to moan about am hopeful next season will be a moan fest 

a good start would be bad 

Edited by Uncle Fred
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I some ways it’s been a hard season really struggled to find things to moan about am hopeful next season will be a moan fest 

a good start would be bad 

In a good way?

Handball rule.

Refs evidencing they’ve never played the game before.

The incompetence at Stockley Park.

Players collapsing like they’ve been shot every 5 minutes followed by the obligatory free-kick!

Can’t really see anything wrong with VAR itself!   The human imbiciles just haven’t got a clue.

Uncle Fred

Edited by ged in the onion bag

VAR

”Fans” of top teams who have never been to an actual game.

ignorant and/or patronising pundits and commentators 

MOTD

Not winning most of our games.

People who assume being in the Prem is what it’s all about and that it would be a crushing blow for us to be relegated.

• Like 1

People who assume being in the Prem is what it’s all about andthat it would be a crushing blow for us to be relegated.

It would be a far bigger blow than that to be relegated (first season again) Norwich need a run in this league and if you can’t see that you can’t see a lot. 

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

People who assume being in the Prem is what it’s all about andthat it would be a crushing blow for us to be relegated.

It would be a far bigger blow than that to be relegated (first season again) Norwich need a run in this league and if you can’t see that you can’t see a lot. 

Happy to disagree with you on this and many other things.

Disappointing? Yes. A crushing blow ? No.

I’ve followed City a long time, down to League 1 and many years before when we were mid table in the 2nd tier rarely challenging for promotion . I hope we can stay up this time , but it is what it is. I will keep following City no matter, even if we end up back down and also if at some point like Sheffield Weds, back in the 3rd tier. We don’t “need” a run in the Prem.

2 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Happy to disagree with you on this and many other things.

Disappointing? Yes. A crushing blow ? No.

I’ve followed City a long time, down to League 1 and many years before when we were mid table in the 2nd tier rarely challenging for promotion . I hope we can stay up this time , but it is what it is. I will keep following City no matter, even if we end up back down and also if at some point like Sheffield Weds, back in the 3rd tier. We don’t “need” a run in the Prem.

Unfortunately we probably do. Farke and Webber will move on soon enough, we won’t keep getting lucky. 

The league one experience was great fun at times but we were still in it a season too long. As long as the club are self financing there’s only one league to be in. 

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Unfortunately we probably do. Farke and Webber will move on soon enough, we won’t keep getting lucky. 

The league one experience was great fun at times but we were still in it a season too long. As long as the club are self financing there’s only one league to be in. 

What have we been lucky with? And conversely,  what have we therefore been unlucky with?

Being self financing has no impact on what division we need to be in. It doesn't change with rich owners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

What have we been lucky with? And conversely,  what have we therefore been unlucky with?

Being self financing has no impact on what division we need to be in. It doesn't change with rich owners.

All new appointments at any club are a jump into the unknown. Good and bad luck will always be an element when making those decisions. You only have to look back on here to see how many called for Farke’s head first and early part of his 2nd season. 

Norwich will not keep getting relegated and then promoted, history tells us that. When Webber are Farke leave it’s critical they do so with Norwich in the Premier League. 

On a lighter not do you want another £50 on Leeds next season being relegated? 

Fans suggesting that however well, or badly, we do we would have been more successful if only we had borrowed and spent more!

Screams of "get it forward" from the footballingly challenged. 

The crowd booing as soon as we lose a game or struggle against squads built on ten times the cash. 

Screams of "no ambition Delia" if we don't spebnd fifty million on a player or bankrupt the club. 

This forum after a loss. 

The idiot fans who already have us relegated. 

Edited by Wrathofthefarkely
  • Like 1

Being simply ‘out-muscled’ by ****-housing mediocre mid-table PL teams with more experience at that level. How we fix that without spending ridiculous money I don’t know. Oh and being ridiculed by plastic top-6 ‘fans’ if we have a bad run of results- ‘fans’ whose support extends as far as buying a Sky subscription, having never set foot in ‘their’ own stadium. And (no doubt) idiots similar to Bilic last season, whining about us ‘not trying’ and it being ‘a wasted PL spot’ because we won’t spend countless millions we don’t actually have.

The constant mentions of Delia Smith's "rallying cry" from over 15 years ago and tired Alan Partridge references in lieu of actual insight or interest in our club.