Sign in to follow this  
sportprof101

Who are Norwich City's Rivals?

Hello Norwich City Fans,

Since 2014, we—the students and professors of the Know Rivalry Project—have been studying rivalry for sports in North America with the help of message board members. Now we are expanding our research to the EFL Championship. Please help us ensure that Norwich City FC are included by taking 9 minutes to complete our updated survey:

https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?mbsrc=krdir&grpID=1422

Our previous results in the US have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, as well as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website.

We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities' Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents. You'll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. Thank you for helping us to include Norwich City FC by participating and please share this with any other fans that may also help.

Jonah, Student Researcher, Northern Kentucky University

Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University

Dr. David Tyler, University of Massachusetts—Amherst

17 minutes ago, sportprof101 said:

Hello Norwich City Fans,

Since 2014, we—the students and professors of the Know Rivalry Project—have been studying rivalry for sports in North America with the help of message board members. Now we are expanding our research to the EFL Championship. Please help us ensure that Norwich City FC are included by taking 9 minutes to complete our updated survey:

https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?mbsrc=krdir&grpID=1422

Our previous results in the US have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, as well as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website.

We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities' Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents. You'll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. Thank you for helping us to include Norwich City FC by participating and please share this with any other fans that may also help.

Jonah, Student Researcher, Northern Kentucky University

Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University

Dr. David Tyler, University of Massachusetts—Amherst

Wrong forum then mate, sorry! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

We did have some rivals once. They fell down the Mariana Trench.

OTBC

All those heavy silver stars took them right to the depths.

Our big local rivals are a team based approximately 40 miles from us. 

They're called Kings Lynn...... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Our big local rivals are a team based approximately 40 miles from us. 

They're called Kings Lynn...... 

The disrespect to Colchester and Peterborough

The closest team to us that we'll be playing next year is Spurs. our traditional rivals however have fallen off the face of the earth, last I heard they were below Accrington Stanley in the league standings. It's been a while I can't remember what they're actually called, itch sh!t or something like that, I think they're supposed to be the 9th or 10th biggest club in League 1 or something.

Here's a tip, if for whatever reason you feel like applying for a job there, just mention that you were once affiliated with us in some capacity, they'll probably give you the managers job and make you the mayor of their town

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Haha 1

Leicester mate. Two clubs punching above their weight, albeit with different ownership models. Both Cities and the center of government of their respective counties, both with a rich history involving making and breaking kings and rebellions throughout English  history. 

Royal blue v’s Canary yellow. The other team slightly ahead of us right now and have stolen mangers and players from us to get ahead. And yes they have a Premier League title to brag about. But sport goes in cycles and we are coming for them (we took 4 points out of 6 from them in our last EPL season so we own the bragging rights for now) 

Edited by Surfer

5 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

The closest team to us that we'll be playing next year is Spurs. our traditional rivals however have fallen off the face of the earth, last I heard they were below Accrington Stanley in the league standings. It's been a while I can't remember what they're actually called, itch sh!t or something like that, I think they're supposed to be the 9th or 10th biggest club in League 1 or something.

Here's a tip, if for whatever reason you feel like applying for a job there, just mention that you were once affiliated with us in some capacity, they'll probably give you the managers job and make you the mayor of their town

Actually I think it’s Villa - I remember seeing an article on here saying that Villa were the closest team to us. May have been the 15-16 season though

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Leicester mate. Two clubs punching above their weight, albeit with different ownership models. Both Cities and the center of government of their respective counties, both with a rich history involving making and breaking kings and rebellions throughout English  history. 

Royal blue v’s Canary yellow. The other team slightly ahead of us right now and have stolen mangers and players from us to get ahead. And yes they have a Premier League title to brag about. But sport goes in cycles and we are coming for them (we took 4 points out of 6 from them in our last EPL season so we own the bragging rights for now) 

I agree, one road separates us and they have no main rivals here in the midlands. 

Our rivals are what we like to call 'the happy clappers' a small minority of our own fans. Hope that helps 😂

11 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Actually I think it’s Villa - I remember seeing an article on here saying that Villa were the closest team to us. May have been the 15-16 season though

Even though Leicester’s stadium is 40 miles closer? 

On 09/05/2021 at 09:46, Midlands Yellow said:

Even though Leicester’s stadium is 40 miles closer? 

Is it? To be honest I didn’t bother checking it out on a map, just remembered something they put on this website in the past

49 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Is it? To be honest I didn’t bother checking it out on a map, just remembered something they put on this website in the past

I've bothered so you don't have to. 🤓

1. TOT 147 km / 91 mi
2. WHU 151 km / 94 mi
3. ARS 153 km / 95 mi
4. WAT 159 km / 99 mi
5. CHE 163 km / 101 mi
(6. FUL 165 km / 103 mi)
7. CRY 166 km / 103 mi
8. LEI 166 km / 103 mi
(BRE 168 km / 104 mi)
(BAR 213 km / 132 mi)

9. AVL 216 km / 135 mi
10. BHA 218km / 136 mi

All straight line distances. Premier league only. Top ten takes account of known promotions and relegations to date.

Edited by GenerationA47
Fulham in italics: last one for the drop?!

55 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

I've bothered so you don't have to. 🤓

1. TOT 147 km / 91 mi
2. WHU 151 km / 94 mi
3. ARS 153 km / 95 mi
4. WAT 159 km / 99 mi
5. CHE 163 km / 101 mi
(6. FUL 165 km / 103 mi)
7. CRY 166 km / 103 mi
8. LEI 166 km / 103 mi
(BRE 168 km / 104 mi)
(BAR 213 km / 132 mi)

9. AVL 216 km / 135 mi
10. BHA 218km / 136 mi

All straight line distances. Premier league only. Top ten takes account of known promotions and relegations to date.

When I saw it in the past I thought it would be either Arsenal or Spurs as well, so I was surprised

I filled it out and gave 95/100 for Ipswich (first thing they've won in a long time and the remainder of the points to Leeds, largely on reflection of the rivalry we had in League 1 and two seasons ago when we romped to the title. No doubt there could be more of that next season if we find ourselves in and around them in the 12th-17th zone. 

2 hours ago, birchfest said:

I filled it out and gave 95/100 for Ipswich (first thing they've won in a long time and the remainder of the points to Leeds, largely on reflection of the rivalry we had in League 1 and two seasons ago when we romped to the title. No doubt there could be more of that next season if we find ourselves in and around them in the 12th-17th zone. 

Snap! 95 Ippo - 5 Leeds Rhinos

4 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

When I saw it in the past I thought it would be either Arsenal or Spurs as well, so I was surprised

The moral of the tale  being, trust your instincts

Although the order above  would be affected significantly if travel time were the criterion. West Ham would surely be no.1 by train and Leicester no.1 by car...

• Like 1