lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Barnsley*****

11 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Sorry, I'm critical   .... 100 percento.

I was keen to seen both Sorensen (in his preferred role) and Mumba given a full outing.

Even the slightest pointer for next season, or even this Summer's transfer requirements might have helped. 

Sentiment won't gain anymore PL points than either AT or MV will and a farewell party in a meaningless game at an empty Oakwell Stadium is hardly much to shout about.

What on earth are you in about? 

What happens today, whoever played, has zero influence, or insight, into next season. 

13 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Miserable sod

I'm an emotional stone.

Bah humbug! They won't get my £7 now .... I'm switching to the second round of the syncronised knitting competition on Estonian television instead. Less gush, knit one, pearl one, knit one pearl one, and the winner gets a box set of the greatest hits of Sibelius as a prize. Then they all enjoy a cup of Matcha tea whilst listening to the Estonian national anthem in order to  celebrate. Marvellous occasion.

How many farewells does Alex T need, btw? I thought he had one when Wes said his goodbyes a few years back and wasn't there one last week at Carrow Road. More farewells than Frank Sinatra at thisn rate.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Have to say I don't like the team selection much either. Dowell needs proper games and he should be starting. I'd also rather see Idah up front from the start. I assume they'll both come on in the second half, but it's not the same as a start.

Also, why risk Aarons if he's the most likely to be off? Makes more sense to see what Mumba can do there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

What on earth are you in about? 

What happens today, whoever played, has zero influence, or insight, into next season. 

It will for me and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see Lungi play a full ninety minutes in the role he was signed for and to see more of Mumba as well.

Btw. My exact words were "slightest pointer." Where did you get "influence or insight" from?

I could well ask you the same question.

Edited by BroadstairsR

6 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I'm an emotional stone.

Bah humbug! They won't get my £7 now .... I'm switching to the second round of the syncronised knitting competition on Estonian television instead. Less gush, knit one, pearl one, knit one pearl one, and the winner gets a box set of the greatest hits of Sibelius as a prize. Then they all enjoy a cup of Matcha tea whilst listening to the Estonian national anthem in order to  celebrate. Marvellous occasion.

How many farewells does Alex T need, btw? I thought he had one when Wes said his goodbyes a few years back and wasn't there one last week at Carrow Road. More farewells than Frank Sinatra at thisn rate.

Reading that about the Estonian anthem reminds me of when I went and did the Tallinn half-marathon in 2018 and the night before, Estonia were facing Greece in the Nations League. So, I decided to go and watch it at the A Le Coq Arena, bought an Estonian national football shirt (complete with stylised hedgehog on the back)...

The Estonians had put a card on each seat with chants. Including the words to their own national anthem. I thought that was a great little touch - get foreigners to have a go at singing the words. I did alright in pronouncing them too. Just hit all the right notes... in completely the wrong order.

Wonder what the pitch surface at Barnsley's like? Been lashing down there as well, hope it won't affect our game?.....It'll be so sad to see the Tettymeister and Sooper Mario play in a City kit for the final time.....Let's hope they sign off with a victory.....

I have no problem with this sentimentality and Tettey and Vrancic playing. The first has been here over 9 years and a massive part of our team spirit and Mario has been instrumental in amazing match changing performances.

I also feel there will be far more changes today and we will get to see Mumba, Idah, Sorensen and Dowell getting game time - with much more rotation than normal. As for Alex getting the captain's role - great choice.

24 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Miserable sod

Ok. I'll relent.

A tennner for an exhibition game which is still part of the league programme is stretching it a bit though.

Edited by BroadstairsR

5 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Wonder what the pitch surface at Barnsley's like? Been lashing down there as well, hope it won't affect our game?.....It'll be so sad to see the Tettymeister and Sooper Mario play in a City kit for the final time.....Let's hope they sign off with a victory.....

Given it was pouring it with heavy snow and rain almost nonstop when we played Huddersfield and we won 7-0

As for Tettey and Vrancic in their final games for us, I'll remember the old German proverb  "weine nicht, dass sie vergangen, sondern lächle, dass sie gewesen!"

Which means "don't cry that they're gone, but smile that they were here".

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given it was pouring it with heavy snow and rain almost nonstop when we played Huddersfield and we won 7-0

Yeah, thanks for that......But what about the playing surface at Barnsley, is it looking like the Pennine Way or a crown green bowling surface?......

19 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Have to say I don't like the team selection much either. Dowell needs proper games and he should be starting. I'd also rather see Idah up front from the start. I assume they'll both come on in the second half, but it's not the same as a start.

Also, why risk Aarons if he's the most likely to be off? Makes more sense to see what Mumba can do there.

Dowell has started the last 9 games in a row, I dont think not starting this one is going to make much difference either way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Morris looks to have bulked up, and grown at least an inch....

....and set up the Tyke's goal.....

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Morris looks to have bulked up, and grown at least an inch....

But he has acquired a knack of holding and pulling the opponent's shirt

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

As for Tettey and Vrancic in their final games for us, I'll remember the old German proverb  "weine nicht, dass sie vergangen, sondern lächle, dass sie gewesen!"

Which means "don't cry that they're gone, but smile that they were here".

Big softies them Germans. 

Just now, Mello Yello said:

....and set up the Tyke's goal.....

With a handful of shirt

Just now, Mello Yello said:

He wants a memento a parting souvenir......

Clearly psychologically scarred and wants a yellow shirt