I have worn Norwich shirts around the world and have only ever had good feedback and comments. It's a really good conversation opener pretty much everywhere. Except in parts of Suffolk but thankfully I don't go there often.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

@ Newtopia

There's only one FL club in Kent (Gillingham,) similar to both Norfolk and Suffolk. The thing is Kent has a bigger population (1.9m) than both  the East Anglian counties added together.

Not so much embarrassing, but a bit inconvenient for us football fans and a bit disproportionate.

The Gills try hard and have a nice little ground (now,) but the area is awful with a wriggle to get to the ground.

Even Canterbury FC play at Faversham, whilst Maidstone ("The Stones" ☺️☺️) are in the sixth tier of English football.

We are starved of a decent live game compared to those lucky inhabitants of Norfolk, with City plonked in the middle.

We used to live in Medway, so we know the area well.  Since then we moved to Tonbridge so the Gills are a pain to watch.  We go and watch Tunbridge Wells when we want to home match, my son plays for one of their youth sides.  

People aspire to support Norwich City. Most have to settle.

Therefore I consider public support of Norwich City bragging in most contexts.

Never been embarrassed in my near 39 years living in Sheffield introducing myself to people round here as being a Norwich fan ( and usually add a fan of the Fall too, but that's another forum altogether).  People now know me as the Norwich fan rounds these parts; a cry of "Canary!" goes up when I walk in my local, its a big part of my life now. 

As are fellow Norwich fans round here, quite a few are running big companies in Sheffield.  Certainly hasn't held any of us back.

Indeed thinking back, like someone else on here mentioned, the closest I ever got to being embarrassed about supporting Norwich was back in Attleborough in the 70's, surrounded by kids supporting teams like Leeds, Spurs, Arsenal or Man U, but John Bond's arrival soon changed that mind! 

Never, and I’d be more embarrassed to support a team like Man U and have never been north or Birmingham.

I'm not a local but my dad is Norwich born and bred. When the topic of football comes up i find myself itching to mention I'm a Norwich fan. 

Living in Essex I've only ever had positive reactions when I mention I am. 

Most people in Essex are usually arsenal or spurs. 

Here in Argentina, after I've told people I'm a Norwich fan (and usually mentioning Emi), I often get the question "yes, but who do you support of the big teams?". I'm quite proud explaining the UK tradition of only supporting your local team.

I left Norwich when I was 16, moved to Canada I have always been proud to wear my Norwich city shirt. Always had people ask me who the team was never once was I embarrassed to tell them Norwich. I will also remember when I wore my shirt in Cuba last winter and had Cubans come to me and ask me how well  Onel Hernandez is playing, Belive it or not we are known around the world.

15 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I remember going to Dartford for a Norwich preseason friendly, think it was part of the Cody McDonald transfer. That was a cracking little ground for their level.

Been there two or three times.

Agree that it's a nice ground with a very comfortable bar area overlooking the pitch where we spent most of one match enjoying watching the stewards trying to stop people peeping behind the blinds. They didn't have too hard a time of it as the Darts were being turned over 5-0 by Swindon in the FA Cup that day and the blinds did everyone a favour.