Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

ITFC New Shirt Sponsor

Slightly strange one - as a fan I’ve always thought that if I came into many £m I’d “invest” some in NCFC, but the idea of it being to sponsor the shirt just feels a bit odd.  I’d have preferred to keep it quieter almost as a donation, with the shirt sponsor being available to a ‘proper’ company....I can’t see this increasing his sales in any way - his music (the lucky busker style) is rather boring to me, not that this is relevant.

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Slightly strange one - as a fan I’ve always thought that if I came into many £m I’d “invest” some in NCFC, but the idea of it being to sponsor the shirt just feels a bit odd.  I’d have preferred to keep it quieter almost as a donation, with the shirt sponsor being available to a ‘proper’ company....I can’t see this increasing his sales in any way - his music (the lucky busker style) is rather boring to me, not that this is relevant.

Well he's been one of their dozen fans since he was a kid. Someone indoctrinated him at a young age, poor guy! 

To be honest I'd rather we had a 'local boy done good' sponsor us than a faceless Scandinavian betting company, even if his music is ****e.

I know sod all about him...think he was born up north and schooled in Framlingham, that’s it. I couldn’t even name a song by him.  

Regardless of his involvement with Ipswich, I'm certain that Ed Sheeran and his team have developed a script on his hp elitebook that churns out generic ****e song after song for the production line. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

2 hours ago, FatCanary said:

that said, briefly OT, i'm still waiting for my sodding drummer to send me the tracks for my album, when I could program them myself. So I understand waning patience with drummers. (This really shouldn't be a Football thread)

As you posted that, I imagine all drummers of a certain age felt a shiver down the spine 😀

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, NFN FC said:

It's a good match. Boring music for a boring football club. 

Totally agree with that. 

8 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

Is Ed Sheeran.

Rumour has it he' going to rewrite the lyrics to his 2011song Lego House to include something about a tree growing out of the roof

1762229701_gingervtshirt.jpg.b746147d737eede995bc4c25942233ac.jpg New away kit has been designed specifically to put fear in the opposition

This news is worth another star, surely?

Another amazing moment in their 'illustrious' history 😂

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Glory hunter supporting Ipswich? 

Did he miss the mark by a couple decades?

It’s “cool” to support your “local” club or that’s what his press team have pushed for probably.

He’s showing he’s still in touch with his roots despite his megafame.

Its all a bit plastic made more so by the fact he’s supposedly a Bradford and Chelsea fan according to the photos above.

Strikes me he’s a fan of whoever he feels like will make him look good at the time. 

Bless the farmhands, they all seem to think all Ed Sheeran fans are going to rush out in their droves to buy 1p5hit shirts 😂Deluded morons. 

Ipswich Town has unveiled Ed Sheeran as the new shirt sponsor of its men’s and women’s teams. 

The music icon, who lives in Suffolk and is an Ipswich fan, has signed a one-year sponsorship deal with the club, which includes its League One men's side and part-time women's outfit.

Announcing the news on Thursday, Ipswich unveiled a unique logo which will be worn by the players across their shirts from next season, featuring five different mathematical symbols accompanied with the word 'tour'. Further details on what the logo represents are set to be revealed in due course. 

Sheeran’s involvement comes a month after the club announced it would be taken over by Gamechanger 20, a group that includes three American board members of the US club Phoenix Rising, in a move thought to be worth about £40m.

The era-defining artist said: “The football club is a big part of the local community and this is my way of showing my support. I have always enjoyed my trips to Portman Road and I’m looking forward to going back there as soon as supporters are allowed into stadiums again. 

Not as much as City fans have enjoyed their trips to Portman Road.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Announcing the news on Thursday, Ipswich unveiled a unique logo which will be worn by the players across their shirts from next season, featuring five different mathematical symbols accompanied with the word 'tour'. Further details on what the logo represents are set to be revealed in due course.

I'm guessing it's a tour 😛

• Like 1

He said he can't wait to see the strip in the Premier League.

Although he didn't answer when asked if he was prepared to sponsor the kit for the next 40 years...

• Haha 1

On 06/05/2021 at 22:09, Ken Hairy said:

Bless the farmhands, they all seem to think all Ed Sheeran fans are going to rush out in their droves to buy 1p5hit shirts 😂Deluded morons. 

They seem to have forgotten that they’ve already done this before when he played a concert in Ipswich, they did a shirt with divide across the front. You’d have to be a big Sheeran fan to go out and buy another one.

20 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

He said he can't wait to see the strip in the Premier League.

Although he didn't answer when asked if he was prepared to sponsor the kit for the next 40 years...

Despite all the silly symbols Ed doesn’t seem too good at maths. He has only “sponsored” the Binners for 12 months so won’t get them up to the Prem by then. 

What a kn0b .