Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The New OSP Will Make Fan Engagement Even Better.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich-city-score-well-in-fan-engagement-index-7950840

The Official Supporters Panel will surely make the Club climb higher in the table once they meet on a regular basis and discuss matters that affect Norwich City fans ?

I think us scoring so high on fan engagement is great news. 

Also with our new Supporters Panel representing fans, the clubs regular meetings with all  the fans groups and the chance to talk to officials like Ben Kensell & Tom Smith & Dan Houlker who are regularly at our ncfsc events, we will score even higher this year.

Can't imagine any other clubs where fans can have so much access to officials as we do here

Edited by Diane
spelling

Cambridge United are third in the fan engagement index. Their Supporters Panel representative score is Male 8 Female 0 with no ethnic participation.

Fan engagement in football still has a distance to travel.

23 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Cambridge United are third in the fan engagement index. Their Supporters Panel representative score is Male 8 Female 0 with no ethnic participation.

Fan engagement in football still has a distance to travel.

How many females or those of ethnic origins applied for the panel and can i assume that Cambridge United like Norwich City put applicants up for election by their fanbase ?

Will the elected fan/fans be allowed entry and a slice of quiche and a small glass of sherry in the Director's lounge on match-days?......

Also, how about a seat on the board's executive jet to away games as well?.... 

13 hours ago, Diane said:

Looks like voting closed end of April so we I guessing people should hear soon, have you heard @Lessingham Canary ?

No nothing back yet, to be fair i didn't expect anything this week, possibly next week Diane, i believe they are verifying the votes etc. But were suggesting possibly the first meeting (4 a year) taking place in May,  ant see that happening now.

How many females or those of ethnic origins applied for the panel and can i assume that Cambridge United like Norwich City put applicants up for election by their fanbase ?

Our shortlist appeared to be 16 men and 3 women. If the women were eliminated in the vote, would the Club run with a 100 per cent male panel? 

That could be the conundrum holding up the process?

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

Our shortlist appeared to be 16 men and 3 women. If the women were eliminated in the vote, would the Club run with a 100 per cent male panel? 

That could be the conundrum holding up the process?

Maybe you could answer my  question with regard to Cambridge Utd which was after all the entire subject of your first post.

With regard to your above response you surely are not suggesting that the Club would interfere with the democratic election process of the fans voting if the 3 females did not gain sufficient votes ?

Edited by TIL 1010

6 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maybe you could answer my  question with regard to Cambridge Utd which was after all the entire subject of your first post.

With regard to your above response you surely are not suggesting that the Club would interfere with the democratic election process of the fans voting if the 3 females did not gain sufficient votes ?

That is exactly the conundrum isn't it. Do they abide fully by the democratic process and risk their  female supporters feeling unrepresented or do they somehow apply some form of weighting to prevent that from happening? 

I have loads of discussions with the club and I can tell you that NCFC are acutely aware of the ageing mainly white largely male fan base . 

Ben K in particular looks to rectify where he can. It even had it roots in the Away Membership scheme that was badly received - simply allowing the existing fans access to the tickets exasperated the issue and by opening it up he hoped to get younger fans along that otherwise struggled to get tickets (it was the £50 that missed the point somewhat!)

Of course NCFC isn’t alone , and has made huge strides - those of us that recall watching Football at CR in the 90’s will testify to that . 

City has an unusual conundrum - old gits like me don’t give up our season tickets so the season ticket holders get older and it becomes virtually impossible for families to sit together . The only real solution is expanding the ground but that comes with huge financial challenges 

The club needs more representation wherever it can, be it based on sexual orientation, gender , race age and so on. The Pride movement has done well , and the women team (a subject close to my heart with a football playing daughter ) seems to get more support from the Club than it did . 

So if this kind of good can come from this initiative it will be great. As I have said before I don’t need to be represented but I would love the club to be seen to be more inclusive . This is another opportunity so to be . 

9 hours ago, essex canary said:

That is exactly the conundrum isn't it. Do they abide fully by the democratic process and risk their  female supporters feeling unrepresented or do they somehow apply some form of weighting to prevent that from happening? 

It will be a sorry day when the democratic process is abandoned to accomodate those who don't feel inclusive. Getting more candidates to stand from those sections is surely the answer to this perceived problem ?

Edited by TIL 1010

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It will be a sorry day when the democratic process is abandoned to accomodate those who don't feel inclusive. Getting more candidates to stand from those sections is surely the answer to this perceived problem ?

Sorry to gatecrash a personal discussion folks - but this simply perpetuates the issue . Old white people (of which I am one ) will tend to vote for old white people . So if it is entirely left to “democratic process” you end up with the minorities not being represented. 

It comes as a shock to some just how diverse Norwich is . If the Club truly wants to represent the City and the community , these groups need a voice. It really is as simple as that . 

28 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Sorry to gatecrash a personal discussion folks - but this simply perpetuates the issue . Old white people (of which I am one ) will tend to vote for old white people . So if it is entirely left to “democratic process” you end up with the minorities not being represented. 

It comes as a shock to some just how diverse Norwich is . If the Club truly wants to represent the City and the community , these groups need a voice. It really is as simple as that . 

The simple fact is that an awful lot within those minorities that you speak of would rather engage on Twatter and Facebook and if they need a voice they  need to move away from that and stand up to be counted for themselves.

You might be surprised to learn that is particular old white person voted for people under the age of 40 to take a seat on the OSP.

My votes were based on the outlandish reasoning that they were the best applicants for the job rather than age, sex or ethnic origins.

Edited by TIL 1010

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The simple fact is that an awful lot within those minorities that you speak of would rather engage on Twatter and Facebook and if they need a voice they  need to move away from that and stand up to be counted for themselves.

You might be surprised to learn that is particular old white person voted for people under the age of 40 to take a seat on the OSP.

My votes were based on the outlandish reasoning that they were the best applicants for the job rather than age, sex or ethnic origins.

Thanks for engaging Til. 

Let’s not forget, using the Club’s words, that they “received hundreds of applications and, following internal discussions, have whittled them down to the below shortlist.” That seems a pretty robust approach, to be honest. 

14 minutes ago, GMF said:

Let’s not forget, using the Club’s words, that they “received hundreds of applications and, following internal discussions, have whittled them down to the below shortlist.” That seems a pretty robust approach, to be honest. 

Agreed .

18 minutes ago, GMF said:

I bet essex won't see it that way. 😜

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Ben K in particular looks to rectify where he can. It even had it roots in the Away Membership scheme that was badly received - simply allowing the existing fans access to the tickets exasperated the issue and by opening it up he hoped to get younger fans along that otherwise struggled to get tickets (it was the £50 that missed the point somewhat!)

This 'unavailability of tickets' is a red herring.

In 2018/19 there were 18 away Lge games that were on Open Sale, plus three Cup games.

And 18 home games were NOT announced as Sold Out, ditto both Cup games.

So, of 51 games played in 2018/19, EIGHTY PER CENT had open ticket availabilty.

Even last season there were 13 away games that went on General Sale.

The problem that Kensall faced was that a few folk griped about not getting tickets to the late-season Must Sees (at Rotherham and Villa) plus he is charged with maxmising revenue.

8 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

This 'unavailability of tickets' is a red herring.

In 2018/19 there were 18 away Lge games that were on Open Sale, plus three Cup games.

And 18 home games were NOT announced as Sold Out, ditto both Cup games.

So, of 51 games played in 2018/19, EIGHTY PER CENT had open ticket availabilty.

Even last season there were 13 away games that went on General Sale.

The problem that Kensall faced was that a few folk griped about not getting tickets to the late-season Must Sees (at Rotherham and Villa) plus he is charged with maxmising revenue.

You can’t get tickets together for families at CR . You can get a series of single tickets but most families don’t want that . That’s the point I was making . If you want your 5 year old child to 10 seats away then fine , but most people don’t . 

Of course that is just a very small point of the overall representation aspect being debated . I’m not sure simply focusing on the technical sellouts of Carrow Road is particularly relevant. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I bet essex won't see it that way. 😜

I am with GBP.

It would be interesting to know how the police service has met the challenge or perhaps, hasn't?

17 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I am with GBP.

It would be interesting to know how the police service has met the challenge or perhaps, hasn't?

Well i suppose that is one way of deflecting away from the question ( yet again ) that i asked you earlier in the thread.

I hope there's some vegans in the final count. And a representative amount of labour, lib dem and green party supporters.

Well i suppose that is one way of deflecting away from the question ( yet again ) that i asked you earlier in the thread.

I don't think I am under any obligation to ask a question in exactly the way you would like. It must come from the habit of a lifetime.

30 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I don't think I am under any obligation to ask a question in exactly the way you would like. It must come from the habit of a lifetime.

I think that is exactly what a fans representative should do. (if elected) 

From the terms of reference - 

Members are required to present the views of all supporters and the Club reserves the right to not address any input that is solely of personal interest

Edited by Greavsy

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Oh dear me all a bit sad when you now want to take this down a personal path. However i will point out that you chose to bring the subject of Cambridge Utd into this thread and when politely asked a couple of questions about what you had posted have not been answered.

Having spoken to other people in recent months over another matter you were involved with i was advised not to engage with you as no opinion other than yours is taken on aboard.

I will now take that advice as nothing other than your unpleasant tone is creeping through.

Edited by TIL 1010