Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Don’t tell me it’s over...

is it just me that doesn’t want this season to end? Winning the league, record points haul, maybe getting to 99 points, never as many away wins ? Have City ever been so dominant in so many games?

At such a difficult time, it’s certainly helped me personally to get through it too.

Next season will certainly be back to reality with a bump. I just hope we can keep the spine of the team together, strengthen sensibly and not have a horrendous injury crisis. And not get shafted too often by VAR. 😳

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

is it just me that doesn’t want this season to end? Winning the league, record points haul, maybe getting to 99 points, never as many away wins ? Have City ever been so dominant in so many games?

At such a difficult time, it’s certainly helped me personally to get through it too.

Next season will certainly be back to reality with a bump. I just hope we can keep the spine of the team together, strengthen sensibly and not have a horrendous injury crisis. And not get shafted too often by VAR. 😳

Amen to all of that 🙏

• Like 1

Really appreciate some people may have personal reasons to enjoy the distraction that football brings. Also that doesn't make this season's achievement any less fantastic, but I can't wait for it to be over tbh.

Being an armchair 'forensic fan' isn't for me and I'm not sure I can go through another season not being in the ground, Premier League or not.

Roll on next season, roll on normality and roll on cheering the team on as we look to survive in the EPL.

• Like 1

It's clearly more fun winning most weeks and being top of the league as opposed to losing most weeks and being bottom. Lets hope we give a good account of ourselves next season in the PL and we can continue the fun.

14 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

This season has been a tonic I agree because the Championship especially has a metronomic character about it, Saturday...Tuesday/Wednesday...Saturday. During lockdown there has always been something to look forward to. Better than a TV drama (Line of Duty 😐) in many ways!

When the PL restarts we may see fans back again of course. Agree too that VAR will create more drama as well as all the media and multiple opinion making from a host of the usual commentators. Maybe this time round we might see more support for our ownership approach given the spotlight that the ESL has provided. I'm not sure that self-funding was really understood last time, certainly it was often something quite a few media folk seemed not to agree with. Different this time. So, we will have new dimensions to reflect on as fans, even if the worst happens with continued restrictions on attendance. 

But what now for May/June/July? I suppose it's the Euros, a bit of cricket and talking to the family a bit more often!

• Like 2

Watching Norwich win more often than not has been massively cathartic after the disappointment of Project Restart. I can't say I'm especially looking forwards to another season in the Prem but am hoping we'll make a better fist of it this time around. I also feel that COVID has weakened a fair few top flight teams and hopefully we'll have a better shot at staying up.

• Like 2

One thing I will not miss, but at the same time will miss, is the multiple mid week games. Any time from 1.30am up to 4.00 am for me. Not conducive to a good sleep pattern.