Orly

Pukki out with ankle ligament injury

Hugill please.

Ive yet to see anything Idah can bring to the squad .

5 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

Hugill please.

Ive yet to see anything Idah can bring to the squad .

🤨

Shame for Pukki - hopefully he can be fit for the Euros if not the warm up games. I'd much rather see what Idah can do from the start personally - his game is much closer to Pukki's.

Gutted for him if he misses it.

Also concerning if they cut a few corners getting him 'fit' for the tournament. Could end badly for us and them. If we didn't want a new striker for next season then, well we do now.

3 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Gutted for him if he misses it.

Also concerning if they cut a few corners getting him 'fit' for the tournament. Could end badly for us and them. If we didn't want a new striker for next season then, well we do now.

Remember the last time we rushed his back after a serious foot injury (..Wonder if it's the same foot?) and he clearly just was not the same, pretty sure that was when his goal draught began

No chance for the golden boot, will be absolutely gutted for him if he doesn't get back in time. Hopefully it's nothing too bad and he's got a few weeks to get fit.

As for Saturday, got to go with Hugill and hopefully throw Idah on for some minutes later on in the game 

I will be absolutely heartbroken for Pukki. I so love Pukki.

Anyone who criticises Pukki in any way is a Binner.

• Like 2

He's given the goal posts a couple of hefty kicks in recent weeks, first at QPR and then at the Barclay End on Saturday after missing decent chances.  I hope this injury isn't self-inflicted from that! 

Finland will be keen for Pukki to play might take a risk and play him even if not fit to play, Pukki will also risk it to play in first finals.  Ankle ligaments not a quick recovery.  Puts next season in jeopardy.

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Finland will be keen for Pukki to play might take a risk and play him even if not fit to play, Pukki will also risk it to play in first finals.  Ankle ligaments not a quick recovery.  Puts next season in jeopardy.

Ligaments could be anything from 2 weeks to 6 months depending on what the injury is, hopefully it is very firmly at the lower end of that scale!

3 minutes ago, pete said:

'Puts next season in jeopardy' Given he was running, walking, jumping and partying all over when the whiste blew I would not think it's that serious

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

Hope he's fit for the euros, he's waited years for that. 

The nation has waited for more than 100 years for this. Not having Pukki in decent form would be a gigatnic tragedy. It was he who fired the nation to the Euros with 10 goals in 10 matches in the qualies. We have Pohjanpalo and Brentfords Marcus Forss who can score. But Pukki is a talisman for the football team

• Like 2

I have been watching The City View and think he has been carrying this for a while.  I would imagine he's been playing with pain killing injections.   In the clips you can see he has a bit of a limp whilst walking, but give him a ball to chase and the pain disappears.  And give him a championship to celebrate, he jumps up and down like the rest of the squad, albeit slightly more briefly than the rest.  Ankle ligament pain is something I used to play with for years, could hardly walk after a hard game but it wouldn't slow me down in the match and presume Teemu has been suffering similar. 

I think if we still had something to play for against Barnsley he would turn out again.  However with the championship sorted they have given him more time to recover for the Euros.  If it was truly serious he would have been in a protective boot at least straight after the match like Skipp was.  He'll be fine for the Euro's, but I'll be praying he comes through the competition unscathed.  

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shruk4 said:

The nation has waited for more than 100 years for this. Not having Pukki in decent form would be a gigatnic tragedy. It was he who fired the nation to the Euros with 10 goals in 10 matches in the qualies. We have Pohjanpalo and Brentfords Marcus Forss who can score. But Pukki is a talisman for the football team

We are all Finland fans when Teemu is playing for you ! Really hope he is fit. 

• Like 1

hopefully it's one of them "injuries" and we're giving him a rest before he goes off to the euros. He's got a month to recover at least.

Glad he managed to get that goal vs Reading anyway, he'd started to dry up and miss some chances recently so at least he's going into the new season with the mini draught over.

52 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I have been watching The City View and think he has been carrying this for a while.  I would imagine he's been playing with pain killing injections.   In the clips you can see he has a bit of a limp whilst walking, but give him a ball to chase and the pain disappears.  And give him a championship to celebrate, he jumps up and down like the rest of the squad, albeit slightly more briefly than the rest.  Ankle ligament pain is something I used to play with for years, could hardly walk after a hard game but it wouldn't slow me down in the match and presume Teemu has been suffering similar. 

I think if we still had something to play for against Barnsley he would turn out again.  However with the championship sorted they have given him more time to recover for the Euros.  If it was truly serious he would have been in a protective boot at least straight after the match like Skipp was.  He'll be fine for the Euro's, but I'll be praying he comes through the competition unscathed.  

Ankle ligament pain, thats just what you get after rolling/spraining your ankle right? It happened to me about a month playing football. It was pretty mild, but my foot was still swollen for a week. i was able to play football again about two weeks later but I taped up my ankle to give it a bit more stability. I can still notice the damage to the ligaments when I run in sports and do a sharp turn, its as if my foot isnt quite as stable. There is always a bit of a fear that I will reroll the ankle and it will be even worse. This recent event was I think the third time I've sprained the same ankle, never very serious though. I imagine this is the kind of injury that football players constantly suffer from and mostly just tape up their foot and play through the pain.

But it doesnt exactly seem like he has rolled his ankle. It rather seems like a persistent small injury. He has previously broken his toe. Thats a very different type of injury, but a small injury in his foot could affect how he runs and indirectly cause another foot injury. What is your theory on how he got it?

37 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

What is your theory on how he got it?

Kicking the goal post in anger! 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, FatCanary said:

I will be absolutely heartbroken for Pukki. I so love Pukki.

Anyone who criticises Pukki in any way is a Binner.

This .

First thing I said to my lad was hope he is fit for the euros so he can round the season off in style .

2 hours ago, Mr Tea said:

This .

First thing I said to my lad was hope he is fit for the euros so he can round the season off in style .

He just works so damn hard whether he's getting the chances or not (and when he isn't having foot problems they fly into the net left right and centre) - we know how he is a hero in Finland and rightly so, this will mean everything to him and for what he has given us in terms of joy I am genuine when I say i'll be upset if he doesn't get to play.

17 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Hope he plays in the Euros, will be supporting Finland all the way, even at the expense of England if necessary.

I find it very hard to get enthusiastic about England in Tournaments,  I usually pick a team after watching first round of games and get behind them, excluding the likes of  France, Spain  Germany  etc as they'll almost certainly  get to last eight. This year is different and I'm a temporary  Finn for as long as they stay in the  competition , then the next underdog  that's still in it. 

Pukki must be desperate to get fit soonest. I discovered this recently ... many might have done so already.

A rather long and dated "programme," but worth a watch.

Points of note, which we were probabvly already aware of:

(1) Calm polite individual with his feet firmly on the ground.

(2) Local/National hero in every sense.

(3) Good publicity for City ... the Pukki/Canary exhibition in the shopping centre (Stockmann's?) was a good move selling City merchandise and increasing our fanbase.

(4) The normally reserved Finns sure know how to celebrate when they have the opportunity.