Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

First Norwich City souvenir

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Was that when Geoff Butler equalised in the 98th minute? You did well to survive! 

That's the very game, I got chased home as well so I guess I'm answering my own question. It was the 70s.... and it was Millwall, I was 15, should I have known better?

32 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

That's the very game, I got chased home as well so I guess I'm answering my own question. It was the 70s.... and it was Millwall, I was 15, should I have known better?

Yes, I had the “pleasure” of being there that day.  The locals definitely weren’t too pleased when that equaliser went in, particularly as I think it relegated them.  I was with my Dad, sitting in the main stand at CBL which seemed to be where the majority of Norwich supporters were, but that didn’t stop many of them from being on the receiving end of a vicious kicking.  Never been more relieved to get away from a football ground unscathed.

image.thumb.png.1529b9f91a064b5d18294ec653304fd3.png

The old and the new. One on the left, bought for me in 1972 (Made in England - 100% Acrylic - hand-wash only 🙂) outside the ground before going to my first game at Carrow Rd. One on the right - modern version, arrived by Yodel, made in Indonesia (probably!)

My dear old mum knitted me a scarf in 1963 which i still wear in winter and it has the old club badge on one end and in 1966 World Cup Willie was added on the other.

On 06/05/2021 at 06:30, Naturalcynic said:

Yes, I had the “pleasure” of being there that day.  The locals definitely weren’t too pleased when that equaliser went in, particularly as I think it relegated them.  I was with my Dad, sitting in the main stand at CBL which seemed to be where the majority of Norwich supporters were, but that didn’t stop many of them from being on the receiving end of a vicious kicking.  Never been more relieved to get away from a football ground unscathed.

Yes, I agree that was the most frightening experience I’ve had at a football match. I went with my father and brother in law - I was only 12 at the time and the exit from the ground was strictly keeping your mouth shut and not making eye contact with anyone. 

And coming back to the OP .....

I have that canary crusade magazine and a lovely silk scarf from the seventies.