cambridgeshire canary

Skipp confirmed leaving, returning to Spurs

😭😭😭

Skipp is going to be a tough one to replace!

Glad Xavi finally got to show his quality the last couple of games. He's probably not the answer though, especially now we have Giannoulis as first choice now.

Either way, we've got a hell of a job for the recruitment department to sort out this summer.

Only really says hes going back for now , last line hints its not done and dusted 

“Oliver has been tremendous for us this season and words can’t explain how grateful we all are for his contribution. We must also thank Steve Hitchen and Daniel Levy at Tottenham for allowing us to develop not only a top player, but a top person.

“It goes without saying, we’d of course love to work with Oliver again in the future, but either way he will be remembered at this club for a long time.”

• Like 3

Only confirming what we already knew, there was never going to be a done agreement because Spurs currently have no long term manager! We'll have to see how it goes over the summer, we've made it clear we are interested and there's only one place Skipp will be coming if it isn't into the Spurs first team!

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Only confirming what we already knew, there was never going to be a done agreement because Spurs currently have no long term manager! We'll have to see how it goes over the summer, we've made it clear we are interested and there's only one place Skipp will be coming if it isn't into the Spurs first team!

I guess we'll see how his foot injury is.

If its a bad break its several months out and he wouldn't be a topic anyway... if its a bruise or just a small fracture then he'll be looking to get back for the start of pre season, at that point he can have the chats he needs to at Spurs and we can make a call either way.

As good as he is, I hope we aren't going to wait around for a decision. If we sign his replacement and then Skipp suddenly is available again, having 2 strong centre mids could be massive.

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

Totally agree - Confirming Tettey and Mario leaving is the news here - albeit unsurprising. 

Confirmation that when loans expire the loanees are returning to their parent clubs, as per the agreements. Depending on Skipp's injury he may have already returned there for treatment / assessment too! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Totally agree - Confirming Tettey and Mario leaving is the news here - albeit unsurprising. 

Confirmation that when loans expire the loanees are returning to their parent clubs, as per the agreements. Depending on Skipp's injury he may have already returned there for treatment / assessment too! 

Quintilla is the bigger news as it suggests we're not taking up our option on him for now at least. 

Skipp returning is 'water is wet' level of news.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I guess we'll see how his foot injury is.

If its a bad break its several months out and he wouldn't be a topic anyway... if its a bruise or just a small fracture then he'll be looking to get back for the start of pre season, at that point he can have the chats he needs to at Spurs and we can make a call either way.

As good as he is, I hope we aren't going to wait around for a decision. If we sign his replacement and then Skipp suddenly is available again, having 2 strong centre mids could be massive.

Any break even major should be healed within 6-8 weeks, he'll be back for pre season

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

Any break even major should be healed within 6-8 weeks, he'll be back for pre season

hopefully. It didn't look that horrific in the celebration vids (it wasn't exactly hanging off). Hopefully it's an easy one to heal rather than one like Rooneys metatarsal

Has to be up there in the worst OP of all time competition.

Loan player returns to parent club at the end of season.

No one should be shocked. Especially without a manager in place and the player under contract.

Literally nothing to see here.

• Like 1

Did you see Krul singing one more year after the game ?

Made me smile.

Anyhows, it s obvious that Webber has said to him to pull up at the end of the game with a ‘foot injury ‘ .

This dramatically drops skippy’s price as he is now damaged goods so we get him at a bargain price.

Backhander to Skippy for good acting.

Everybody is happy . 

How much do people think Skipp is to buy outright?

If funds become available from sale of the crown jewels we could do a lot worse.

I wouldn't think the no.1 priority of any new Spurs manager will be to sort out the future of Ollie Skipp. We could move in quick and get a deal done if we really wanted.

3 hours ago, chicken said:

No one should be shocked. Especially without a manager in place and the player under contract.

not really...

Case in point, Jack Harrison for Leeds just stayed on another season upon promotion without going back

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

not really...

Case in point, Jack Harrison for Leeds just stayed on another season upon promotion without going back

It is very much a rarity however, and it's also worth noting that Harrison was never going to get near the Man City side this season. 

Skipp may fall into the same category as players like Ben White, Tammy Abraham and Matt Targett from recent seasons: key players for promoted sides but they were wanted by their parent club for the first team.

Hopefully the new coach at Spurs, whoever it may be, doesn't fancy him and he can have another year here.

Skipp did literally say 'I'll go back to Tottenham at the end of the season' on the All In Yellow podcast unless I've gone mad. Doesn't have anything to do with whether we can get him back on loan, more likely because of the need for internal review at Spurs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

not really...

Leeds have always had an option to buy within the loan deal and I expect him to be a permanent signing over the summer, bargain at £11 million.

9 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

If funds become available from sale of the crown jewels we could do a lot worse.

I wouldn't think the no.1 priority of any new Spurs manager will be to sort out the future of Ollie Skipp. We could move in quick and get a deal done if we really wanted.

10 million mark. 

24 minutes ago, City fan said:

10 million mark. 

I think you'd have to double it, at least, to get Tottenham interested. However, I very much doubt Skipp would consider a permanent move away from Spurs at the moment - he is on the cusp of the first team there and will definitely want to try and stake his claim this summer.

Even if Spurs told Norwich tomorrow that they would allow Skipp to come on loan again, I expect the player would say he would like to do pre-season at Tottenham to see if he can work his way into the new manager's plans. It is such a vital position for Norwich to recruit that they can't afford to hang around waiting for Tottenham, or Skipp, to make their decision.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

The crucial question whether Skipp would actually want to sign for us keeps being ignored.

20210505_090745.jpg

Skipp would need to be rejected by Spurs to even consider being employed by Norwich City.

The sentiment evoked by this season seems to have made some unrealistic. TWTD proportions of entitlement ..... you know that "loved and unique club mentality" that pervades their every thinking. 

Even if in the unliklihood of Spurs seeking 'ready-made' players for Skipp's roll and he were to become available then surely better prospects than NCFC, at this moment in time, would be open to him.

The possible opening is that the Tottenham management consider another season on loan for the player necessary. This might be touch and go. 

Our promotion on top of Olly Skipp's clear  advancement/enjoyment of his season at Carrow Road puts us in pole position, I should think.

That's the best we can hope for.

The thing is, though, our reputation among the elite continues to strengthen in terms of how we treat their young stars and our treatment of Skipp and his subsequent performances will have only enhanced that further. Whilst I'm sure that enhances our chances of Skipp returning next season (should Spurs deem him not quite ready yet for their purposes) it also means we are in a better position than ever to be trusted with the development pathways of elite young talent. Skipp's loan may have opened the door for another of his ilk on loan from the top 6, if not the man himself. I admit I'm not au fait with whether one of these clubs has a young CDM they deem ready for a loan out to the lower half of the Premier League, but if they do, I'd be surprised if they aren't on the phone to Norwich City, such is our way and our reputation, which in terms of youth development is truly elite.

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Skipp would need to be rejected by Spurs to even consider being employed by Norwich City.

The sentiment evoked by this season seems to have made some unrealistic. TWTD proportions of entitlement ..... you know that "loved and unique club mentality" that pervades their every thinking. 

Even if in the unliklihood of Spurs seeking 'ready-made' players for Skipp's roll and he were to become available then surely better prospects than NCFC, at this moment in time, would be open to him.

The possible opening is that the Tottenham management consider another season on loan for the player necessary. This might be touch and go. 

Our promotion on top of Olly Skipp's clear  advancement/enjoyment of his season at Carrow Road puts us in pole position, I should think.

That's the best we can hope for.

I agree with all of this.

If Spurs want to sell Skipp and us and say, Villa are both interested it isn't a given that he'd choose us. I'd think it is different if it was just a loan.

12 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It is very much a rarity however, and it's also worth noting that Harrison was never going to get near the Man City side this season. 

Skipp may fall into the same category as players like Ben White, Tammy Abraham and Matt Targett from recent seasons: key players for promoted sides but they were wanted by their parent club for the first team.

Hopefully the new coach at Spurs, whoever it may be, doesn't fancy him and he can have another year here.

so this agrees with my original point that Skipp being announced as going back to Spurs is a significant story. If it was cut and dry then his departure wouldn't have been announced

18 hours ago, chicken said:

I’ve put up far more inferior posts. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 1