cambridgeshire canary

Hartlepool set to become tory, having been Labour since 1974

2 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

I'm sure they won't refuse your money at the 19th hole.....

Cans outside at the moment😝

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

how about using the existing NDR? what a novel idea. Any HGV's 'ripping' ( how about polluting) through Weston Longville without a drop at a local customer, install a camera at the entrance to the village for all I care, should be fined the moment they are on the A 47.

These overspending waste of money that is mainly supported by hauliers for their own interests to shift goods, has got to stop somewhere.

These goods shifted by hauliers end up in supermarkets so that you can purchase them and therefore not starve. Goods don't appear on supermarket shelves by magic, my friend.

10 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Left always have to be Right......Right, are always Wrong.....

But not in Hartlepool, it seems..... 🤣

13 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

These goods shifted by hauliers end up in supermarkets so that you can purchase them and therefore not starve. Goods don't appear on supermarket shelves by magic, my friend.

13 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Central distribution of goods is not the panacea to get fed, it is controlling farmers and prices. During this plandemic emergency legislated calamity most of my shopping comes from three local shops. The whole idea that we move everything on to roads, ignore rail freight and fly in pineapple chunks and sweetcorn in from Kenia, because its easier is eroding local market gardeners and supply chains. Some regions have little supermarkets and are relying on local vans coming round with their shopping once  a week and many small traders use the internet and local community sites to proffer their wares, central distribution is changing, thats why we  see vans distributing supermarket foods.

What makes it worse is the waste we produce, throwing almost a third of fresh food and cooked food away, Obesity is not an illness of pandemic proportions in developed countries, its over consumption and eating too much processed food, but the powers to be don't know anything else but to waste taxpayers money on roads that perpetuate these circumstances, destroying valuable habitats and water catchments areas ijn the process whilst making green squeaky noises and nodding their head.

They want to look good and be patted on the back for wasting massive sums on an infrastructure, which, when it comes down to it, they can't maintain, a deteriorating asset of dubious value.

Meanwhile we get lazy and fatter, adopting politicians unsustainable arguments to carry on with this rampage, leaving the problems we don't want to solve to our children and grandchildren.

Massive win. The UK is a Conservative country in all meanings of that word. Result shows that progressive left culture has no place in our society. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Massive win. The UK is a Conservative country in all meanings of that word. Result shows that progressive left culture has no place in our society. 

A little OTT and clearly factually wrong as you've obviously forget that Scotland, Wales and NI are not 'Tory' or even conservative. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

A little OTT and clearly factually wrong as you've obviously forget that Scotland, Wales and NI are not 'Tory' or even conservative. 

The United Kingdom yesterday became more Conservative as the UK government increased its majority. Not difficult to understand

• Like 1

Peter Mandelson - “If you take the last 11 general elections, its lose lose lose lose Blair Blair Blair lose lose lose lose.” #r4today

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

The United Kingdom yesterday became more Conservative as the UK government increased its majority. Not difficult to understand

You seem to think England is the UK - whereas only a  hundred or so miles away form Hartlepool the SNP (left) look like they will do  very well and Johnson is toxic. Ergo it's not a UK wide Tory or even 'right' issue. Johnson is an English phenomena.

I suspect it's very much a protest ' time for change vote by the 'taken for granted' at the status quo whatever you think the status quo is - Labour Party as in Hartlepool,  EU, Westminster and so on. You by your comments are clearly taking Scotland for granted!!! 

Edited by Yellow Fever
Scotland
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Peter Mandelson - “If you take the last 11 general elections, its lose lose lose lose Blair Blair Blair lose lose lose lose.” #r4today

Yes - SKS clearly needs to work on his charisma, some policies and get in front of the camera - but frankly any normal politics has been quite impossible in the last year. 

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes - SKS clearly needs to work on his charisma, some policies and get in front of the camera - but frankly any normal politics has been quite impossible in the last year. 

We are all Tories now Comrade😉🇬🇧

I blame the wallpaper👍

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Yes, but Laura Kuenssberg and the Kawahiva tribes of Brazil still want to know who funded Boris's vintage hat stand..  🙃

• Haha 1

Is anybody still searching the nooks and cranny's of the corridors of power for Tony Blair's missing expenses?.....

Country summed up that there was more alarm over the projected breakaway of six football clubs than the confirmation that the country is run by a lying crook.

Dismiss his crookedness with a joke if you like but he is stealing from you poorer Tories as well.

We will have debates about yesterday for days now and all the factors of Vaccine rollout, UKIP returning to the Mother ship, Tory remainers returning to the Mother ship, an unbelievably low turnout (well less than half can be bothered, so after three misses, take the vote away from them) and the after effects of Brexit. But the reality is, people have turned away from Labour. Even Labour people are leaving the party.

Personally, I am fed up with the wishy washy policies and we should return to what made us a very viable alternative to the Tories. No doubt some will say I'm a dinosaur but its what I believe in. Its my principle of life. If you want to swing vote because you vote for someone who suits you best at the time then that is your prerogative. But do not condemn people who believe in something unwaveringly as looneys, lefties, marxists. And to be honest, it isn't an insult any more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

whoever wrote this argument has pretty much nailed it.

Screenshot_20210507-103821_Chrome.jpg

There's certainly an argument that while the Conservatives have woefully failed to address some of the major society issues, the way that the Left have gone about addressing them has done more harm to their own prospects than good.

15 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

whoever wrote this argument has pretty much nailed it.

Screenshot_20210507-103821_Chrome.jpg

I suspect that will resonate with many, but the people that need to listen wont.

The silent majority aren't stupid.....

Those (actually in the minority) empty vessels and self appointed superior beings who continually and persistently shout and bellow - and who attempt to influence, dictate, cajole, discredit, belittle and mock those who have a different political allegiance or ideals and approach to life - are just that.....empty vessels.....These empty vessels would be better suited bobbing around the entrance to the port of St Helier waving banners, setting off flares, playing bumper boats and being shouty through megaphones.....Whilst the locals on the port and harbour walls just gaze on in amusement...... Yup.....

27 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I suspect that will resonate with many, but the people that need to listen wont.

Aye, the BBC/Guardian already calling voters morons and the likes of Billock & Herminge will agree 🙃

That'll be the next GE in the bag for the conservatives then.

54 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Country summed up that there was more alarm over the projected breakaway of six football clubs than the confirmation that the country is run by a lying crook.

Dismiss his crookedness with a joke if you like but he is stealing from you poorer Tories as well.

We will have debates about yesterday for days now and all the factors of Vaccine rollout, UKIP returning to the Mother ship, Tory remainers returning to the Mother ship, an unbelievably low turnout (well less than half can be bothered, so after three misses, take the vote away from them) and the after effects of Brexit. But the reality is, people have turned away from Labour. Even Labour people are leaving the party.

Personally, I am fed up with the wishy washy policies and we should return to what made us a very viable alternative to the Tories. No doubt some will say I'm a dinosaur but its what I believe in. Its my principle of life. If you want to swing vote because you vote for someone who suits you best at the time then that is your prerogative. But do not condemn people who believe in something unwaveringly as looneys, lefties, marxists. And to be honest, it isn't an insult any more.

If only there was a time machine that could transport you back to the sixties🤔

52 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Dismiss his crookedness with a joke if you like but he is stealing from you poorer Tories 

Personally, I am fed up with the wishy washy policies and we should return to what made us a very viable alternative to the Tories. 

My take is that it was the left that sunk their own ship this time and economic / tax and spend policy had very little to do with it and nor did any intrinsic love of the current government

For these reasons I think there is some hope for you that, at least some, of your priorities as I understand them will be reflected in future manifestos

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

We are all Tories now Comrade😉🇬🇧

I blame the wallpaper👍

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Excuses.....Excuses.....Excuses......

I don't think I need to make any excuses as I didn't vote for either them.

But I'm wise enough not to over interpret some inconsequential elections apart from Scotland held in an extraordinary moment in the afterglow of a Covid vaccine rollout with the virus in local abeyance and before the real Brexit chickens have come home to roost. 

My take is that SKS has at least detoxified Labour for many in the last year (that label is now growing on Johnson) but needs to find policies that appeal to people generally. Brexit populist but ultimately hollow politics only has a short shelf life. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ricardo said:

If only there was a time machine that could transport you back to the sixties🤔

I you have one, can I have it?

But it isn't just looking back. Its looking forward. Its saying, that was better so why can't we have some more of it instead of having it rammed down our throats that you have to accept it, there is nothing you can do. Bull.

I am not stuck in a Party, I am stuck with my views and principles. So it may be that I have to move to a different Party, like the Greens, who have similar views.

Then I will be the looney, leftie, marxist, tree hugger🌳🤢

I can remember loads of times when the governing party has been given a good kicking by the voters at a by-election as a protest vote and it was always necessary to be dubious about reading too much into those results, basically they generally just confirmed the government was pursuing unpopular policies and the voters wanted to make sure the government knew it.

I can't ever remember the main opposition party getting a good kicking in the same way for a traditionally safe seat, ending up losing it by 8,000 to 15,000 votes is a shocker.  I am struggling to understand it.