A game with nothing riding on it, maybe give some of the others a run out, some a farewell game, rest the guys going to the euros?

Imagine how gutted Pukki would be to get injured in a nothing game and miss the euros, the first major tournament Finland have qualified for.

I'd go with

Nyland

Mumba Hanley Omobamidele Quintilla

Sorensen Tettey

Hernandez Vrancic Placheta

Hugill

Krul Aarons Giannoulis McLean Buendia Stiepermann Cantwell Dowell Pukki

There are records still to go for so I'd go with a pretty strong team. It will be interesting to see what Barnsley do as they could rest players given they are already in the playoffs. If they lose they are guaranteed Brentford over two legs but could finish 5th and get Bournemouth or Swansea depending on other results.

I’d go for the same lineup as v Reading with Sorensen replacing the injured Skipp. I know we’ve got nothing to play for now and broken our all time points record, but would love to increase our points record to 99. Our win and Watford’s defeat on Saturday also means we’re guaranteed to finish at least 5 points clear at the top of the table but if we win we will finish at least 8 points clear, possibly even 10 or 11 and I would love that.

• Like 3

Hugill for Pukki, Nyland for Krul, Hernandez for Buendia and Tettey for Skipp

I thought Nyland won’t be here next season? Would rather see Barden in goal if we were to rest Tim Krul. 

3 minutes ago, NWC said:

I thought Nyland won’t be here next season? Would rather see Barden in goal if we were to rest Tim Krul. 

Funny, I had assumed he'd be signing with Barden going out on loan.

1 hour ago, NWC said:

I thought Nyland won’t be here next season?

Don't think they've made a decision on him yet. When McGovern signed his new contract Farke said that either they extend Nyland or they look to get another No2 in.

Krul

Aarons     Omobamidele     Hanley     Quintilla

Sorensen        Tettey

Buendia         Dowell        Cantwell

Hugill

Bench: Pukki, Vrancic, Onel, Stiepermann, Mumba, Giannoulis, McLean, Placheta, Nyland

Give Tettey a 60min send-off, leave Xavi in for the last game, bed Sorensen in, give Dowell another chance to impress, the Goat has done his job; bring him on for the last 20mins.

Off the bench: Vrancic & Stieps for probably their final appearances, 20mins for Mumba (and Pukki) & one out of Hernandez & Placheta

Canaries to win 3 -1. Aarons, Cantwell and Pukki off the bench on the scoresheet.

If we are serious about winning this game - Barnsley are a difficult team to break down and won't just lie down.

I would have Tettey in for Skipp and Vrancic in for Dowell.

Depends who Barnsley fancy in the playoffs if they prefer Brentford then they won’t be putting too much effort on Saturday 

I bet they are all desperate to play, or at least start the game. Not expecting anything other than or strongest team other than a few goodbyes near the end.

The Barnsley boss has asked for a reaction to their loss from what I have read and the manner of the loss.

This is the perfect preparation for them, title winning team and at home. So a chance to perform well and build for 2 tough ties that can see them at Wembley.

I would love Barnsley to go up, much smaller team than the others and this is the best game to prepare for it. It is not playing a relegation team who will battle for everything. 

I would expect lungi or tettey in for Skipp as the only change. I would like lungi to start and tettey to come on later in the game.

• Like 1

Seeing Sorensen get a full ninety minutes in his main role, and the position he was bought for, is my preference over Tettey being employed for sentimental reasons. 

Neither should I think AT is particularly bothered about playing at an empty Oakwell Stadium in a meaningless game as a farewell gesture. He has, and will likely still have, plenty of more worthwhile plaudits over and above such un-pragmatic niceties.

Some have suggested a testimonial of some sorts as a decent farewell. Perhaps that's a good idea, although wasn't there talk of last appearance at Carrow Road on the day of Wes Hoolahan's testimonial when both were out of contract?

Others that I would like to see given a full game are Mumba, Martin and Idah. It's all about the future now. Ditto for Tettey who is probably now more involved in his move back to Norway and his preparedness for it. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

18 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Imagine how gutted Pukki would be to get injured in a nothing game and miss the euros, the first major tournament Finland have qualified for.

With that said Im sure Pukki wouldnt mind scoring a goal or two to keep his monetum up. Also, with a hat trick he could equal his personal championship scoring record. Would be nice to see

Everyone wondering if we should go full strength or rotate- Why not just send out a mixed teams and then prehaps sub others on/off at half time? Much as it would be nice to get 99 points given this match means nothing why not treat it as an unoffical pre season friendly?

11.png

Nah, full strength for me. Sørensen in for the injured Skipp and Giannoulis back in as the only changes. Finish the season off as best we can and try to get that 99 pts mark.

• Like 2

As much as I think we should give Tettey a run out I think giving Sorensen another run out in that position is probably the main priority from this game in terms of changes. If Farke wants to rest the likes of Kenny and Pukki to keep them fresh then so be it but if its a like for like swap for Skipp then Sorensen comes into the side in my book. 

Similarly to the Sorensen for Skipp idea, if we're resigned to losing Max next season, shouldn't we be giving Mumba a chance to see what he can do?

I would leave out anyone who is playing in the Euros. And after what happened with James Maddison I'd leave Emi and Max out as well 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

58 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I would leave out anyone who is playing in the Euros. And after what happened with James Maddison I'd leave Emi and Max out as well 

We don;t want to sell Emi so why leave him out

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

We don;t want to sell Emi so why leave him out

I think we'll find we have already told him that he can go this summer. We have to be realistic, he's a Champions League standard player. Having said that, it's possible that Covid may have done us a favour. It would be nice if some good has come of it. 

They'll want the 99 points, we'll have a full squad out. Farke has already said he won't tinker, I'd imagine we'll bring on Tetts and Vrancic for the last 20 minutes again if they are off

Krull
Aaron Omo Hanley Dimi (or Quintilla if they want to give him a send-off I suppose)
Sorensen McLean
Emi Dowell Todd
Pukki

Let's get those 99 points!

Giannoulis without doubt will start after missed games for red.

Krul

Mumba    Omobamidele     Hanley     Giannoulis

Sorensen        Kenny

Buendia         Dowell        Cantwell

Hugill

If I was Barnsley I’d be fielding a team that doesn’t include any crucial players.

In their shoes it would be like risking Emi being out for a knock in a game that isn’t really that important.

On 03/05/2021 at 16:45, Move Klose said:

A game with nothing riding on it, maybe give some of the others a run out, some a farewell game, rest the guys going to the euros?

I'd go with

Nyland

Mumba Hanley Omobamidele Quintilla

Sorensen Tettey

Hernandez Vrancic Placheta

Hugill

Krul Aarons Giannoulis McLean Buendia Stiepermann Cantwell Dowell Pukki

Well looks like Pukki may miss them now 😭