Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

Would you swap Aarons for Skipp ?

Tricky one. Skipp is the best player in that position I have seen in a Norwich shirt in a very long time and would love to have him. However, Aarons has the potential to become one of the best right backs in the world and I think will most likely go on to be challenging TAA for RB/WB at international level in the future. I'm not sure if I see Skipp getting to quite that level. I would probably say yes for me, but I would like cash / or a sell on clause. As most have said Skip's position seems harder to replace / recruit for (for us at least) and we have decent backup options at the club already.

Aarons is fantastic, but a more defensively-minded RB might be a better option in the PL anyway. Part of our undoing last time was our cavalier approach, which was great, but didn't get enough points on the board. If we can strengthen other areas of the team at the same time (e.g. Skipp), it could suit everyone involved.

More likely to lose both than keep one or the other. But another way of thinking about it is if we invested in an RB that made us more solid defensively next time round then we wouldn’t need a Skipp type to screen quite so much.

But given the choice I think we’re more likely to be able to replace Aarons than Skipp.