Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

Would you swap Aarons for Skipp ?

Apparently Tottenham are interested in Aarons, that being the case would you do a deal swap with Skipp.

On the same subject Tottenham are interested in Bissouma which I believe is Skipps position.

Edited by Mullet

Yes. Skipp is far harder to replace. But the reality is that we can't possibly afford to sign a player of that quality in either position.

Probably - Skipp’s is a far harder role to fill; Aarons is excellent but there’s any number of decent enough right-backs out there (including Byram, if he ever gets/stays fit), far fewer top quality cdm’s.  The main issue is that Skipp hasn’t done it in the PL but I don’t doubt that he can.

Edited by Branston Pickle

21 minutes ago, Canary73 said:

Not as a straight swop no. Deal would be Aarons for Skipp plus £30m to us.

How much do you think the respective players are worth, out of interest? I can't for the life of me work out how you think that Aarons is worth £30m more than Skipp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would bite their hands off . Much harder to replace Skipp than Aaron's . Similar transfer values also .

1 hour ago, Canary73 said:

Not as a straight swop no. Deal would be Aarons for Skipp plus £30m to us.

I can see spurs being the one's wanting a sweetener in that deal if anything. 

I wouldn't think it's good business for us, but Skipp is clearly very talented. In reality Spurs won't be letting Skipp go, the best we can hope for is a loan

Selling Aarons  may bring in a tidy wad but you then have to spend it wisely and getting a player like skippy in isn’t easy.

Skipp has proved he does what it says on the tin game after game so yes please. Happy to do a deal.

Yes. Byram in the premier was a near replacement for Aarons and Skipp was such a rock defensively in the midfield which we did not have last time in the premier. 

We'd have to get some cash as well as Luton are due a % of any transfer fee. Or just swap them and tell Luton they were worth 8p

In a heartbeat. Look at good PL sides, all have an energetic reader of the game who execute the simple things well in CDM and that's Skipp. Max will go I think whether it's to Spurs or elsewhere and good luck to him too. A top player who will play at the highest level. And so will Skipp

30 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Look at good PL sides, all have an energetic reader of the game who execute the simple things well in CDM and that's Skipp.

They also usually have energetic fullbacks.

Edited by GJP

If there are so many right backs out there we can easily replace Aarons with, how come clubs appear to be lining up to give us £30m for him? I still don't think anyone will actually pay us that kind of money for him, but no Skipp is not in the same price range after 3/4 of a decent season in the Championship. I say 3/4 because he virtually disappeared in some of the games (particularly against tactics which bypassed him - Boro, Watford, Bournemouth, Barnsley).

5 hours ago, Mullet said:

Apparently Tottenham are interested in Aarons, that being the case would you do a deal swap with Skipp.

On the same subject Tottenham are interested in Bissouma which I believe is Skipps position.

I'd be  be tempted with £30m plus Skipp on loan for another seSon

I would have thought if Spurs were willing to sell there would be a number of interested clubs. If that was the case I wonder if he would actually choose us?

However, if we were serious about landing him then the time is now as a season in the PL and he will certainly be out of our financial reach

No. I think Aarons will be a beast for us next season if we get to keep him. He’s a much better player now than he was in his last excursion in the premiership. Skipp is still unproven at that level. I’d sooner we push the boat out on someone who is. 

Edited by astro

Based on his podcast the other week I'd say there's a good chance he'd pick us on loan again next season over most in the league.

18 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

If there are so many right backs out there we can easily replace Aarons with, how come clubs appear to be lining up to give us £30m for him?

I think we'd be signing somebody 75% as good as Aarons for a 1/3 of the money. Don't think the 30m fee is particularly out there with the increased importance of attacking fullbacks in today's game. Aarons has clearly got the potential to be an elite player.

I think he should be called "Hopp" until his foot is healed, but yes, I think that would be a good deal, as long as there is a bit of cash in our direction.  Hopp + £10m.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I think he should be called "Hopp" until his foot is healed, but yes, I think that would be a good deal, as long as there is a bit of cash in our direction.  Hopp + £10m.

Sounds about right lakey. 

3 hours ago, sgncfc said:

I say 3/4 because he virtually disappeared in some of the games (particularly against tactics which bypassed him - Boro, Watford, Bournemouth, Barnsley).

Yes it does seem to get overlooked (or maybe people just don't notice) that against some of the better operators Skipp hasn't always been as effective.