Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Old Trafford protests

Maybe its time for the billionaire owners of the so called big 6 to f*ck off, the bunch of cnuts. I 100% agree with the Man Utd fans. The owners have caused their own sh*t storm. 

• Thanks 1

Odd, I took to the streets to demonstrate against Robert Chase, now I’d do the same  to support our owners. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Team news from Old Trafford.

Just noticed Bez from the Happy Mondays is playing in midfield today.

Do you think he brought his maracas with him?

• Haha 1

What I would like to know is, did the fans of these clubs who were interested in joining the European Super League protest when their current owners took over? Or were they thinking (a bit like the Ipswich fans waving their £10 notes at us) that they were going to be awash with an endless supply of cash?

These mega rich owners don't give a monkeys about our clubs, fans or grassroots football. Their sole aim is to line their pockets. The problem is, there is no queue of decent genuine fans with mega amounts of cash they can afford to write off which would be required to keep a team right at the top.

Finally it is being acknowledged that our way of going about it with a self sustainable way forward is key. There is a very real danger that a very large top flight club will go bang one day, we'll still be there possibly getting near to replacing them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

Just noticed Bez from the Happy Mondays is playing in midfield today.

Do you think he brought his maracas with him?

Yes, and his twisted melon.

3 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

My problem with this is that it's utterly pointless. Why would the Glazers care? They're probably laughing about it right now. You want to really hit them then stop buying shirts, stop watching them, stop giving them any money. To billionaires like the Glazers those fans are nothing more than sources of revenue, they couldn't care less what they think, take that source away and it might make a difference. Live protests like this will do literally nothing but give their owners the higher ground to bleat on about breaking social distancing rules.

I'm not so sure, they're a PLC so it'll be interesting to see if this does anything to the share price when the markets open.

Remember, discontent was such that FC United of Manchester was formed in the aftermath of the Glazers coming in. I don't condone vandalism in terms of littering / breaking things, or leaving coppers with cuts and bruises, but just getting into the stadium / getting onto the pitch was fine in my book. Hard to get a more symbolic image than the fans being on the grass itself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

My problem with this is that it's utterly pointless. Why would the Glazers care? They're probably laughing about it right now. You want to really hit them then stop buying shirts, stop watching them, stop giving them any money. To billionaires like the Glazers those fans are nothing more than sources of revenue, they couldn't care less what they think, take that source away and it might make a difference. Live protests like this will do literally nothing but give their owners the higher ground to bleat on about breaking social distancing rules.

I disagree, like Move Klose said, they don’t care about the money from the local fans, World Wide TV and merchandising is what they want.

Fans best option is to disrupt the club and keep it in the public eye.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Move Klose said:

Souness, David Jones are so out of touch with football fans. You'd think there was deaths today the way they were going on.

I think that the Sky reporters are pretty keen to keep conversations about certain parts of this but not others. Jones came across like he was trying to make Gary Neville look like some sort of gang leader.

4 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Good on them 👍

Shame about the thug element though and that poor Police officer who had his face slashed with a bottle.

4 minutes ago, MORDENCANARY said:

Shame about the thug element though and that poor Police officer who had his face slashed with a bottle.

And on the other side some footage has come out of around four or five officers tackling one guy to the floor, one officer punching him over and over while another screams at him to stop resisting as he lays on the floor seemingly knocked out and unmoving, and for one of the officers to try and cover up the scene when they notice they are being filmed..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And on the other side some footage has come out of around four or five officers tackling one guy to the floor, one officer punching him over and over while another screams at him to stop resisting as he lays on the floor seemingly knocked out and unmoving, and for one of the officers to try and cover up the scene when they notice they are being filmed..

Neither makes the other any better. Both instances are not acceptable!

Edited by Billyboybunters
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

This.

The fans of clubs with rich owners like it when the owners facilitate the huge transfers and wages. 
the fans dont like it when the rich owners want more roi from their business. 
Cant have it both ways. 

46 minutes ago, MORDENCANARY said:

Obviously not acceptable not sure what your point is quoting me though as I clearly posted my comment before it got nasty. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

1 hour ago, First Wazzock said:

What I would like to know is, did the fans of these clubs who were interested in joining the European Super League protest when their current owners took over? Or were they thinking (a bit like the Ipswich fans waving their £10 notes at us) that they were going to be awash with an endless supply of cash?

These mega rich owners don't give a monkeys about our clubs, fans or grassroots football. Their sole aim is to line their pockets. The problem is, there is no queue of decent genuine fans with mega amounts of cash they can afford to write off which would be required to keep a team right at the top.

Finally it is being acknowledged that our way of going about it with a self sustainable way forward is key. There is a very real danger that a very large top flight club will go bang one day, we'll still be there possibly getting near to replacing them.

Trouble is FW this could also be aimed at football players and agents too! 

Good debate on 606 re the protest. 

Genuine fans, who want the Glazers out, are distancing themselves from the violence today, but say there will be more protests. 

37 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

I’d like to know how they got into the ground, seems the doors were wide open 

Could that possibly be how they got in then?????

• Haha 8

When you have idiots like Perez at Real Madrid continuing to say that this Super League idea has not gone away then protests will continue.

Fans of the Clubs involved know that they cannot trust these owners who will undoubtably still be scheming something similar.

A lesson in how doing some research may help in future protests.😀

10 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

I’d like to know how they got into the ground, seems the doors were wide open 

Most grounds will have a pretty scaleable gate or fence somewhere that's easy to hop over.

The best way for the fans of the big six to protest is to refuse to turn up to home matches when fans are allowed back in.

Now that would be quite humiliating for the owners.

I still think all six clubs should have ten points deducted when next season starts.

17 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

So are Man U fans, or others who support it, suggesting that the owners plough millions into a club and then let the fans decide how it is run and how the money is spent? That's just naive and won't happen.

What money have the Glazers actually put in? As far as I can see any money that has gone into the club has been leveraged by amassing a massive debt. Not long ago the club was debt free, now it is in debt to nearly half a billion, and a good proportion of the cash has ended up in the Glazers' pockets. Thus it was no surprise at all that the Glazers were so keen on the ESL proposal. Long live Delia and Michael!

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, horsefly said:

What money have the Glazers actually put in? As far as I can see any money that has gone into the club has been leveraged by amassing a massive debt. Not long ago the club was debt free, now it is in debt to nearly half a billion, and a good proportion of the cash has ended up in the Glazer's pockets. Thus it was no surprise at all that the Glazers were so keen on the ESL proposal. Long live Delia and Michael!

IIRC, the Glazers borrowed the money to buy Man U then assigned the repayment of the loan to Man U, so the club essentially bought itself.
Not sure how much the club is worth but you can knock £1/2 billion off any valuation.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

A lesson in how doing some research may help in future protests.😀

They may not own it, but they sure as heck are responsible for it and it's running.