Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Celtics Ajer

According to the pink un we are being linked with him. Watching the Rangers Celtic game I can see why, our type of player, anyone else watching ?

Yeah, we have known this for a whie, I think he would be a pretty good signing for us, we need a massive unit like him. Also Linked to Newcastle. Very good player on his day, but right now well.. Fair to say celtic fans arent fond of him.

celtic.png

When that squad just needed one last good season Celtic have been seriously underperforming this season. A bit of Farkelife could be just what some of them need should we come calling. Change of scene for the player is likely though.

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

When that squad just needed one last good season Celtic have been seriously underperforming this season. A bit of Farkelife could be just what some of them need should we come calling. Change of scene for the player is likely though.

To be fair hearing 'Wow this guy is playing so poor at Celtic right now can't even cut it in the Scottish divison!' is something we have heard before.. 😉

NINTCHDBPICT000106611105.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

You know, if we ever have to have a change kit that would be a pretty good one to wear. 😀

Watched the game today and both Celtic CBs didn't cover themselves in much glory. If available on a minimal fee would probably do alright as backup but that's about it I'd reckon. Could work if Omo is the long term goal now I guess, not sure how he'd get on against some of the premier League players though, looked a bit ragged against Watford

To be honest not much to play for at present, probably already looking at potential moves, Celtic are a bit of a mess at the moment.

Alongside Gibson would certainly look a decent pairing.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

To be honest not much to play for at present, probably already looking at potential moves, Celtic are a bit of a mess at the moment.

Alongside Gibson would certainly look a decent pairing.

We forgetting our captain and POTS runner up there.

• Like 1

Just now, Move Klose said:

Not really, he’s had a great season, but hasn’t really shown to be a premiership standard defender, great as a sub to bring on. I’d be hoping on a step up.

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

Not really, he’s had a great season, but hasn’t really shown to be a premiership standard defender, great as a sub to bring on. I’d be hoping on a step up.

He played 15 times.

Yer because everyone else certainly showed to be premier league quality last time out. When we amassed 21 points.

• Like 1

I'm not saying we don't need another CB but we need one whos an upgrade on Hanley/Gibson. That isn't Ajer

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

I expect us to buy strong competition, potentially even what might be seen as an upgrade. But I also expect Hanley to be given a decent run of games at the start of the season to prove himself. Remember Fahrmann was also seen as a Krul upgrade before the start of last season, and we all know how that ended. 

Plus the Hanley of this season in comparison to last season is chalk and cheese. So its a clean slate, just like for all of the others who struggled, he may still find it hard and fall down the pecking order, but he will get a chance at the start I'm sure. 

Maybe we and other clubs have seen something in him that he's not able to show playing alongside cloggers in a poor league trying to play a very basic, one dimensional style of football? 

The comparison isn't quite the same but i don't remember Ben Godfrey getting rave reviews by our fans last year and now this season he's a star player for Everton. Or you can look at how Pukki did playing in that league. Sometimes players just need a different circumstance to show their true potential. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I expect us to buy strong competition, potentially even what might be seen as an upgrade. But I also expect Hanley to be given a decent run of games at the start of the season to prove himself. Remember Fahrmann was also seen as a Krul upgrade before the start of last season, and we all know how that ended. 

Plus the Hanley of this season in comparison to last season is chalk and cheese. So its a clean slate, just like for all of the others who struggled, he may still find it hard and fall down the pecking order, but he will get a chance at the start I'm sure. 

I think people underestimate what a good defender Hanley is. Let's not judge him on a prem season where he had injury issues. And only feature 15 times.

• Like 2

Each to their own opinions I suppose. We shall see but I doubt we’ll get anywhere near Ajer as he’s linked with clubs with a far bigger budgets.

3 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

I think people underestimate what a good defender Hanley is. Let's not judge him on a prem season where he had injury issues. And only feature 15 times.

And his season got off to probably the worst possible start, which can’t have helped his confidence any. I look forward to seeing how he does second time around, I think he could silence a few critics.

29 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Don't get me wrong I love Hanley and am very proud of how much he's stepped up this season- But I'm still not convinced he should be a starter in the Prem, but if he does start I hope he proves me wrong

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Regardless of Hanley, Ajer is a very good CB, great age and would add to our physical requirements at defending set pieces.

the most important position is holding midfielder, Sorensen is probably a little inexperienced but certainly good enough to take that step up, especially if we can sign another really good replacement for Skipp, if we can’t get Skipp back on loan.

On a side note, imagine getting both Ajer & Sandr Berge who can play holding midfield....now that should give us a solid base to build from! IMO.

I reckon we definitely need another good quality centreback. Dunno who but I'm sure we've done our homework.

Get Omobamidele out on loan. He's got a shed load of potential but it'll probably be better for him to get gametime in the championship or league one for a season.

Zimmermann seems to have lost a bit of his reliability since the injury in the premier league. Hanley, after a run of games, looked really solid last season. With him in the side, we actually had some solidity and there was a small glimmer of hope we'd stay in the league. He didn't play at all once project restart was underway, from memory. 

17 hours ago, Indy said:

On a side note, imagine getting both Ajer & Sandr Berge who can play holding midfield....now that should give us a solid base to build from! IMO.

Berge isn't going for less than £25m

32 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Maybe, but he will be going and if we sell both Cantwell & Aarons we should be worth a few quid? If we’re serious about staying up then this is the type of player who would certainly be a huge advantage.

But agree probably out of our price range, that’s why I said imagine!😉

42 minutes ago, Indy said:

Maybe, but he will be going and if we sell both Cantwell & Aarons we should be worth a few quid? If we’re serious about staying up then this is the type of player who would certainly be a huge advantage.

But agree probably out of our price range, that’s why I said imagine!😉

Not sure why we would want to sign any Shef UTD players given how poor they have been this season..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not sure why we would want to sign any Shef UTD players given how poor they have been this season..

Everton wanted Godfrey and Newcastle wanted Lewis and Sheff Utd are (currently) only 4 points behind our total from last season.

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Everton wanted Godfrey and Newcastle wanted Lewis and Sheff Utd are (currently) only 4 points behind our total from last season.

Exactly Crabby! Berge is a very good player and exactly what we need in that holding midfield!

On 03/05/2021 at 14:32, Move Klose said:

I can’t attest to how true this is but according to someone on an Everton website relegation means his buyout fee has gone down to about 12 million.

If there’s any chance of getting them both for around 21 million, it would certainly strengthen our team to the point of allowing our front line the freedom to show what they can do in the premiership.

Still no link to Berge from us and Ajer is only tentative. Both 23 and big units.....

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I can’t attest to how true this is but according to someone on an Everton website relegation means his buyout fee has gone down to about 12 million.

It's gone down BY 12million, it's now only a mere £35 million