Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

If you were in charge of the teams we face during preseason

Which teams would you like to see us play? I'm going to assume that due to Covid they will all be UK based teams. I would not mind seeing us play Spurs/Peterborough/Kings Lynn- All rather local and easy to get too, and hopefully by then we can travel to matches. Now wouldnt that be nice?

I guess Wes's presence might allow some of us to forgive the Cambridge butchers and give them a game too.

No team who wants to kick us off the park for our warm up games is the main concern for me so only footballing sides in the early warm up games. 

Kings Lynn 

Mk Dons 

Coventry 

Paderborn (Obligatory by this point)

Bielefeld

Shalke

One of the play off losers

Fulham 

Nice ramp up there, all Uk based except for when we go away on pre season tour and no dirty teams who will want to cause us injuries. 

We be fun if we could have a game against Telestar now they have become a destination for our academy players!

If there's no lockdown in Germany I'd go as far as to suggest they'll probably stay at the same hotel again, namely the Klosterpforte in Harsewinkel. Close to where Farke grew up, known for being a spot where teams spend time in training, and they know the place inside out.

Think Kings Lynn and MK Dons will be early ones, Paderborn and possibly Dortmund. Shouldn't be that hard for Farke to pull out a pre-season friendly with his old employers on relatively local turf for them.

On 02/05/2021 at 16:20, TheGunnShow said:

If there's no lockdown in Germany I'd go as far as to suggest they'll probably stay at the same hotel again, namely the Klosterpforte in Harsewinkel. Close to where Farke grew up, known for being a spot where teams spend time in training, and they know the place inside out.

Think Kings Lynn and MK Dons will be early ones, Paderborn and possibly Dortmund. Shouldn't be that hard for Farke to pull out a pre-season friendly with his old employers on relatively local turf for them.

No lockdown in Germany? Everything is closed and its take away coffee's only. You can only buy beers in supermarkets and drink them in a park but you must be home by 10pm as there's a lockdown. Hopefully it'll improve soon but considering they were dealing with the PanDammit pretty well a few months back, they're proper ballsing it up of late, so harsh measures are in place.

8 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

No lockdown in Germany? Everything is closed and its take away coffee's only. You can only buy beers in supermarkets and drink them in a park but you must be home by 10pm as there's a lockdown. Hopefully it'll improve soon but considering they were dealing with the PanDammit pretty well a few months back, they're proper ballsing it up of late, so harsh measures are in place.

That was precisely why I said "if". I know full well it's still a serious lockdown over there. Friends are telling me it'll probably be June at the earliest when things ease.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

Ah?! Sorry TGS...and thats exactly why I not the guy who check the contracts at work 🤦‍♂️

Ah, don't worry about it - we've all skimmed posts on occasion and missed stuff. Even I make the odd typo, which is a bit embarrassing as a translator, but never mind.

We had Atalanta come to Carrow Road the last time we went up, so If travel is back underway by then, I would expect a decent European team as a finale to preseason. 

Surely we need to be playing teams that have the physicality of those in the Premier League. That was where we often took a beating last time, players who weren’t necessarily better footballers but who bullied us.

As a matter of correct grammar, it is not up to the people in charge of the teams we face during pre-season (note hyphen) to make the decision as to whether or not we would play them, the choice would ours.

I think what you actually mean is that "if you were in charge of selecting or inviting the teams that we might like to play in pre-season then which teams would you choose for us to play"

But coming from an academic place like Cambridge you probably wouldn't understand that.