Sign in to follow this  
At last?

Academy 1 hr rule

The article from Doncaster says we can only get academy youngsters who are within 1hr travel time.

Now FlyBe fly to Norwich from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Cardiff, Belfast, Exeter, Aberdeen in less than one hour does this mean we can cast our net wider?

Have the board even considered this? FlyBe would be a great next sponsor so I would like to think they have. Mind you..

That''s a good suggestion - haven''t Man Utd flown kids from around the country? You do have to allow for travel to and from the airport at both ends, though. United moved some kid nearer to Stansted, so he could stay near his friends and still get to training. I thought it used to be 90 minutes travel max, have they changed it?

Man U do it all the time - they can also afford to relocate whole families to the north west which is a bit of a cheat really. I''ve a feeling Chelsea complained about the practice last season but nothing happened.

We could go one better than using FlyBe - we can get all of the 2 seater Jaguar trainer aircraft and extend our range by a lot....we would have the whole of the UK, Ireland and a lot of northern Europe [:D]

Is that 1hr within the country because we could go to Holland, North France and Belguim in a Hour?

(Is that how we got Asmat El Quarghi, Hows he doing at the moment, i haven''t anything about him recently)

[quote user="woody"]

yes you are able to fly people in if its in a 1 hour distance of travel

why are''nt we doing this already then

[/quote]

You do know how much flights cost right?

[quote user="svensson19"]Isn''t that how Man Utd got that Beckham chap instead of us.
[/quote]

I wonder how Norwich would be like know if we had have got Beckham instead of Man Utd?

THE 1 HOUR RULE ONLY APPLIES TO BOYS UNDER 16 ONCE THEY LEAVE SCHOOL AND BECOME SCHOLARS THEY LIVE IN DIGS IN AND AROUND COLNEY.

ALSO IT IS ONE HOUR TRAVELLING TIME DONT FORGET MOST FLIGHTS ARE AT LEAT 45-60 MINS SO YOU WOULD HAVE TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT TRAVELLING TO/FROM AIRPORT.

BUTS BIGGEST DOWNSIDE IS MONEY!!!!!!

FlyBe is cheap. I think you can get to Edinburgh one way for around £25. If they become our sponsor then they should give us them even cheaper.

Love the idea of using the Jaguars from Coltishall though.

Must admit this is common sense to me and I would be disappointed if the club were missing a trick. Webteam, do you know if the club do this or could pass the message on? I fyou dont reply I will assume you are not allowed to talk about it as you know about the next sponsor but can''t say...