Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

*****The Official We Are The Champ....... *****

Shame we couldn't be there and unlikely to be a parade any time soon

Just got back from the ground . Brilliant turnout . Well done the fans and the players for entering into it . 
We are Premier League .

Even the Hawkers were out selling their Cr4p. You know you are back in the Prem when they turn up . 

What a day. What a season . I’m so proud to be a canary . 

Bit surprised we werent presented with the trophy today?....if fans were allowed in the ground ,would that have still been the case?. Would have been a bit pi$$ed off if 26k of us didnt see the trophy lifted today ...but only maybe 3 or 4k did get to see it at oakwell next week??

Congratulations on one of our best ever seasons shame it all feels a bit flat with no fans there hopefully will be allowed at the start of next season and show our congratulations then 

No-one got anything to say about the total lack of any sort of social distancing outside the ground? And the tacit encouragement by the club?

Funny, people are quick enough to jump on other supporters when they do it. 🤔

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

No-one got anything to say about the total lack of any sort of social distancing outside the ground? And the tacit encouragement by the club?

Said it before and I'll say it again Nuffo,...this pandemic has turned people into curtain twitchers.

35 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

...yet across the road in morrisons, there were 5 times as many people, indoors, equally or less socially distanced

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Its over. Looks at the stats.

Hers immunity and empty hospitals. 

Stop panicking and go out and enjoy your life. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

1) Have you read the official guidance? It’s very different from what you’re suggesting.

2) If this was scousers or binners would you say the same thing?

Congratulations to all at Norwich and the fans on your 1st place finish.

👏👏👏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 02/05/2021 at 11:29, Wrathofthefarkely said:

It's not over, anyone with half a brain knows that. 

But equally I think given the low presence at the moment we can afford ourselves the occasional title winning celebration. I understand the gathering that happened lasted about half an hour. 

30 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's not over, anyone with half a brain knows that. 

But equally I think given the low presence at the moment we can afford ourselves the occasional title winning celebration. I understand the gathering that happened lasted about half an hour. 

So if a tittle winning celebration is allowed, as the stats low, what else would be allowed? Its not just a one off,  there will be other events that look over, with the attitude of 'if football can celebrate XYX then why cant I do ABC' much the same as people have compared to the similar numbers in Morrisons, not socially distanced at the same time. 

Its all relative, needs to be managed correctly and overall to avoid the potential of numbers increasing again, as happened last time. 

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

So if a tittle winning celebration is allowed, as the stats low, what else would be allowed? Its not just a one off,  there will be other events that look over, with the attitude of 'if football can celebrate XYX then why cant I do ABC' much the same as people have compared to the similar numbers in Morrisons, not socially distanced at the same time. 

Its all relative, needs to be managed correctly and overall to avoid the potential of numbers increasing again, as happened last time. 

You're absolutely right with a lot of that, but where I disagree, people need to understand that just because XYZ can be allowed to happen doesn't mean ABC can. 

We need to evaluate the risk against the event. In this case it involved a small number of people, outdoors for a brief amount of time in a day and age where the virus is relatively suppressed. 

If it happened in January, indoors with 27000 people, that would be very different.

8 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You're absolutely right with a lot of that, but where I disagree, people need to understand that just because XYZ can be allowed to happen doesn't mean ABC can. 

We need to evaluate the risk against the event. In this case it involved a small number of people, outdoors for a brief amount of time in a day and age where the virus is relatively suppressed. 

If it happened in January, indoors with 27000 people, that would be very different.

Agree, but it needs to managed centrally, be that by politicians, or the medics. We can't have people saying, "its low here, so it'll be OK" and making that call on their own back. 

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Agree, but it needs to managed centrally, be that by politicians, or the medics. We can't have people saying, "its low here, so it'll be OK" and making that call on their own back. 

Abso effing lutely  , can't have people using common sense when we have strong clear leadership and guidance in place. 

Go to work, don't go, stand up ,sit down, do the hokey cokey , but whatever  you  do,  don't think for  yourself. 

All the pressure on govt, and Boris, to open up earlier is exactly what he wants. 1000s dead rather than another lockdown allegedly what he said. Sneaky suspicion I may well be back in FCR next August.

Seems it's ok to sell out a snooker final but not to allow fans in restricted no's to a football ground.

Mixed messages and you can't blame people venting their frustration.

23 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Abso effing lutely  , can't have people using common sense when we have strong clear leadership and guidance in place. 

Go to work, don't go, stand up ,sit down, do the hokey cokey , but whatever  you  do,  don't think for  yourself. 

But you can make make your own calls within the boundaries. 

Ie work from home, if you can. 

Shop alone, if you can. 

Don't go inside peoples houses. 

But if the rules say don't mix in groups of more than six, then don't. 

As JVT said at one of the press conferences, just because the rules say, you can do something, it doesn't mean you have to! 

Edited by Greavsy
Typo corrected.

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But you can make make your own calls within the boundaries. 

Ie work from home, if you can. 

Shop alone, if you can. 

Don't go inside peoples houses. 

But if the rules say don't mix in groups of more than six, then don't. 

As JVT said at one of the press conferences, just because the rules say, you can do something, it does mean you have to! 

For starters, I think you mean that you don't have to.  But that small slip aside,  you are saying pretty much what I said, that is...use your common sense.  Well done. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

For starters, I think you mean that you don't have to.  But that small slip aside,  you are saying pretty much what I said, that is...use your common sense.  Well done. 

Typo corrected 👍 

I am, but within the boundaries that are currently set out.