Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Who will go who will stay

40 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I hope you're right, and the club have said it will take silly money to get him, which is backed by the long contract. 

He's hardly going to say otherwise is he? 

Lets see....... 

Thankfully silly money is harder to come by these days. I think it's going to be consolidate fiscally now, spend silly money in 2022.

17 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I actually think Webber will help Aarons move to a big team and not just an average one and this was the big promise that kept Aarons with us this season. Webber will be saying the same to Buendia, stay with Norwich another season to raise your profile and we will help you find the big move the year after that. If Buendia listens, and sees Max get a good move, he will be with us next season.

Buendia’s profile is considerably raised already. 

I' be confident that the club have decided who can go,the players who have been persuaded to stay,and have already made moves on incoming quality additions. No way will Webber want another relegation on his CV. Weapons will be provided,loaded,and ready to go!!!!🔰🤞

15 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Harry Wilson is nowhere near Emi. I'd hope if Emi does leave,Webber and our scouts have earmarked somebody berter than Wilson!!!!

there is nobody we'd be able to attract that would be as good as Emi until Farke worked His magic on them. If the unthinkable did happen then we'd have to come up with something though. To say he's "nowhere near!!!!!" is a bit of an exaggeration as well. Who would you suggest instead?

7 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

there is nobody we'd be able to attract that would be as good as Emi until Farke worked His magic on them. If the unthinkable did happen then we'd have to come up with something though. To say he's "nowhere near!!!!!" is a bit of an exaggeration as well. Who would you suggest instead?

What about Dennis Man again.

That was the one they wanted to replace Emi.

Joined Parma in January but are on the verge of getting relegated.

51 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Josh Dasilva is quality, love to see him here but Brentford always get big money for their players. Realistically what would Raya cost us for a position we don't need to strengthen. You wouldn't get him for less than £10m. Nyland will sign a new deal and thats our 3 keepers sorted.

I actually have a few concerns about Krul, which I know will be met with dismay by most. 

No doubt he's inspirational and a huge influence. His ability to save penalties is incredible, or more so his mental strength to take something away from the kicker. One on one's too, or at close range. 

But I actually think quite a number of goals he concedes a better, more athletic keeper, would stop. Hard to prove, but low shots from distance him seems to fall down, rather than dive to, and his leading hand never seems to be fully extended. The Reading goal yesterday, I've seen him make that move and hesitate a few times. 

Fully expect a bashing for my opinion on this! I Love Krul, and think overall he's a massive reason we are where we are. But I do think we can improve, and Raya is a fantastic keeper. I take your point with Nyland, we're unlikely to sign another keeper. 

8 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

What about Dennis Man again.

That was the one they wanted to replace Emi.

Joined Parma in January but are on the verge of getting relegated.

not a bad shout, has he been decent despite them getting relegated?

Personally I'd rather Wilson as I think there's an unpolished diamond there and he's already familiar with English football etc. Check out his goal from yesterday as well (yes I know its only 1 goal...) https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/n2scmt/harry_wilson_insane_goal_vs_birmingham/

If we keep all the crown jewels and strengthen then we can hit the prem hard. 

Lose two of three and have to churn better players as well, too much upheaval and we will struggle. 

I'd like to think they have bought in, and the message from all at the club is they won't block a mega move, but they will block moves that are purely about money but not good moves for the player. 

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

not a bad shout, has he been decent despite them getting relegated?

I watch quite a bit of Serie A, but haven't really seen much of Parma since Man joined. I think the gist is he's done alright though, but he's unlikely to play again this season due to a muscle injury.

Maybe @Parma Ham's gone mouldycould give us a better indication?

Ciao Wacky,

Think the consensus among the Crociati is that he is technically good, a fine presser against the ball and more than capable of scoring and assisting plenty of goals.

It is all a little speculative though, as the reality is that ‘confused tactics...confused set-up....confused players...confused management’ have seen him welcomed into a rather dysfunctional environment. He isn’t used effectively would be a common refrain. 

Downward spirals are sucking vortexes and his skills - which on the surface do look quite Norwich-ish - are recognised, though he certainly hasn’t spectacularly changed the direction of travel.  

He is spiky and bright, with an eye for a pass and a really clean left foot strike, though whether he really has the physicality for the Premier is a live question. I was surprised that Parma shelled €11m for him, I doubt we ever would have offered anything like that. 

I can definitely see how he would have originally fitted into ‘the Dowell’ dossier and he would be a good  reference point.

Parma 

@Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Ciao Wacky,

Think the consensus among the Crociati is that he is technically good, a fine presser against the ball and more than capable of scoring and assisting plenty of goals.

It is all a little speculative though, as the reality is that ‘confused tactics...confused set-up....confused players...confused management’ have seen him welcomed into a rather dysfunctional environment. He isn’t used effectively would be a common refrain. 

Downward spirals are sucking vortexes and his skills - which on the surface do look quite Norwich-ish - are recognised, though he certainly hasn’t spectacularly changed the direction of travel.  

He is spiky and bright, with an eye for a pass and a really clean left foot strike, though whether he really has the physicality for the Premier is a live question. I was surprised that Parma shelled €11m for him, I doubt we ever would have offered anything like that. 

I can definitely see how he would have originally fitted into ‘the Dowell’ dossier and he would be a good  reference point.

Parma 

@Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

If we sell only one prized asset I’d hope we might sign a couple at that price if the player fits. 

Slightly different strand but is the general consensus to get rid of zimbo?

... I know there shouldn't be place for sentiment when we go up, but he is Mr reliable and I feel last time we were up he didn't show his best side due to that late tackle on him at West ham!

Shane tettey is off too, he may have been handy

20 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Shane tettey is off too, he may have been handy

Always rated Shane! 😊 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How about Conor Hourihane from Aston Villa would be a good replacement for Emi ( don’t want Emi to leave

On 02/05/2021 at 00:40, Canary dwarf said:

agree with the first part of you post . but tetts *( club legend)  , stieps ( fair point) Mario ( wildcard capable of magic worth another year)  zimmo not first choice but good stand in .quintilla not a left back but useful as a left mid .agree with everyone else.

Sadly, not for me..... as much as we want all our lads to do well.    If we want to be in the Premier League longer term, we need better back-up options, players that can be effective off the bench and in case of injuries.......  We simply can't afford for Vrancic to be a wildcard off the bench or Tetts to be a club legend.... or trust the Zimmo will be fit or a capable replacement or that Quintilla has a good left foot..... unfortunately, they all just have too many deficiencies at this level let alone EPL level.     To argue otherwise is just being fantasist... 'little ol' Norwich'.   

14 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

How about Conor Hourihane from Aston Villa would be a good replacement for Emi ( don’t want Emi to leave

Ah yes, a midfielder is the perfect replement for a winger.

13 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

Slightly different strand but is the general consensus to get rid of zimbo?

... I know there shouldn't be place for sentiment when we go up, but he is Mr reliable and I feel last time we were up he didn't show his best side due to that late tackle on him at West ham!

Time to move him on, has been fantastic for us but with the way we play he's not good enough with the ball at his feet.

We are clearly getting another one in and Omobamidele has shown that he can play, yes the PL might be a stretch to far but he'd be 4th choice anyway so no need for Zimbo.

Oh we do have lots of ambitionless supporters..... Hourihane for Buendia... dear oh dear!   

Vrancic and Steips can do a job in the EPL!!!!!!!   Lets keep Tetts and Zimbo....    Do these fans not realilse where that thinking leads us?    Answer.... back down again!       

2 hours ago, Hucks6 said:

Christ no, absolutely no way!

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Oh we do have lots of ambitionless supporters..... Hourihane for Buendia... dear oh dear!   

Vrancic and Steips can do a job in the EPL!!!!!!!   Lets keep Tetts and Zimbo....    Do these fans not realilse where that thinking leads us?    Answer.... back down again!       

Exactly.

Some of these players are not good enough to get in our side in the championship let alone make an impact in the prem.

We were loyal to some of these last time out because we were pretty restricted financially last time. We are in a much better position now, and we have to move on from the likes of Stiepermann & Zimmermann.

I wouldn't be too disappointed to go with Hanley, Gibson, NEW CB, Famewo & Omobamidele.

5 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Christ no, absolutely no way!

Seen quite alot of Swansea fans on twitter moan about him and how they are a better side without him.

16 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Exactly.

Some of these players are not good enough to get in our side in the championship let alone make an impact in the prem.

We were loyal to some of these last time out because we were pretty restricted financially last time. We are in a much better position now, and we have to move on from the likes of Stiepermann & Zimmermann.

I wouldn't be too disappointed to go with Hanley, Gibson, NEW CB, Famewo & Omobamidele.

Totally agree with that 5 CB's unless Omobamidele was to get a good quality loan... does need to gain some experience.

We desperately need at least two upgrade central midfielders.... as good as we have been this season, without Skipp we will need pace, power, energy and quality.... he's improved but Kenny can't offer all of that at the level we will need unfortunately.    

5 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Totally agree with that 5 CB's unless Omobamidele was to get a good quality loan... does need to gain some experience.

We desperately need at least two upgrade central midfielders.... as good as we have been this season, without Skipp we will need pace, power, energy and quality.... he's improved but Kenny can't offer all of that at the level we will need unfortunately.    

Definitely think McLean has something to offer at prem level, but I still think we need 2 more, 1 to replace Skipp and another.

Sorensen inexperienced especially in that position for us, and Rupp seems to have a tendency to pick up niggling injuries that keep him out for weeks.

On 01/05/2021 at 16:58, Monty13 said:

Think this is probably best case unfortunately. Wish Aaron’s was staying but if the rumour is true we promised him a move if he stayed this year fair play and thanks. Some job to replace him though, good luck Webber.

We need to keep our best players otherwise and that clearly includes Cantwell. Buendia is the crucial one for me though, unless a bid is absolutely silly I hope we hold out as he’s probably the difference between staying up or not.

Not heard that rumour at all, about Aarons, and I consider myself reasonably well informed and researched when it comes to Norwich. So I'm calling nonsense on that. People just put 2 and 2 together and came up with 17 when Delia mentioned that Aarons will one day play at the very highest level for a huge club. He probably will. But for now he's 21 years old and has plenty of time ahead of him. 

Many want to tar Norwich with this stupid "selling club" brush when the reality is, in fact, that our best performers have all been here for three seasons. I don't see that changing for this coming season either. I'd be surprised if any of the best performers leave, in all honesty. The real problems may come after Webber leaves imo. 

Edited by BobLoz3

7 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Definitely think McLean has something to offer at prem level, but I still think we need 2 more, 1 to replace Skipp and another.

Sorensen inexperienced especially in that position for us, and Rupp seems to have a tendency to pick up niggling injuries that keep him out for weeks.

We seem to agree......  would you risk that any of them are capable of running an EPL match, controlling the tempo and keeping us in possession, prompting our forward moves whilst providing adequate defensive cover......  first and foremost, McLean and Rupp just don't have the physical attributes we need, (pace, power, athleticism etc)... and Sorensen, is extremely inexperienced, we have no idea if he is good enough as a central midfield option.

This is the most crucial position of all, get this right and it gives our offensive player more insurance, accept what we have and we will really struggle..... we have to do something (and sharpish) to give Max and Emi the belief we can compete next season....   I hope our scouts have found a couple of Ndidi / Idriss Gueye types since we can't rely on getting Skipp back.      

Edited by ged in the onion bag

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2021 at 19:39, Danke bitte said:

I can't agree with this, Pukki was having a good season until he broke his toe and we had our defensive crisis so we barely had a chance to play to his strengths as the whole team were defending.

Cantwell too had a better season than most considering it was his first time in the Premier League having played a bit part in the 18/19 promotion season. The lad's matured and has more experience this time round.

I almost didn't agree with myself when I typed it but its still a nagging doubt I have with them both .  You might have a good point about the crisis though. I hope you are right .

Cantwell. Im not a hater like some are but some of his shooting is shocking the like of which I see in my lads under 16's .

This does feel like a really pivotal transfer window for Norwich. Ideally we are of course looking for some quality additions that bring us a good chance of staying in the premier league, however there is quite a changing of the guard with players like tettey, Vrancic, Leitner, trybull, klose all likely to leave and maybe stipermann too, when you add that to Thompson, heise, Drmic it’s a big squad turn around. I don’t get the impression that Sinani, Soto or Sitti are likely to come in the squad so there are a reasonable number of places that need to be filled.

We will be clearly hoping that the next layer of talent comes through i.e. josh Martin, mumba, Idah and omabamdiele but will need to make some choices on whether a season on loan might be more beneficial to their development, similar with McCullum. so we are looking a little threadbare. Difficult window for Webber to get right and aim to stay up but leave us a good core squad that is likely to stay should we go down. I wonder how much we save in wages per week by letting the players go that we have?