Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Who will go who will stay

With us being promoted, how much of a chance do we have of retaining our number 1 players  re: Buendia ,Araons, Cantwell. Etc.They all want  to play in the premiership. They now have that. Will they still want to leave for bigger teams,or is NCFC a bigger enough team for them to be convinced stay.   Your thoughts

Edited by Robert Barnes

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Thought Aarons was confirmed 100 percent leaving by Delia?

Not exactly - she said, rightly, that he will eventually move on to bigger and better things. No timescale on that. Other noises out of the club hint more at Aarons leaving. 

I think Cantwell and Buendia will stay but Aarons go sadly. 

I think we might lose quite a few of the original imports this summer, Hernandez, Vrancic, Steipermann and I've got a sneaky feeling about Zimmerman going with an upgrade CB coming in and Omobamdiele being used as back up. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

2 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Aarons to go, Buendia and Cantwell to stay.

Think this is probably best case unfortunately. Wish Aaron’s was staying but if the rumour is true we promised him a move if he stayed this year fair play and thanks. Some job to replace him though, good luck Webber.

We need to keep our best players otherwise and that clearly includes Cantwell. Buendia is the crucial one for me though, unless a bid is absolutely silly I hope we hold out as he’s probably the difference between staying up or not.

Edited by Monty13

Can't see Tettey and Vrancic being offered new contracts. Reckon Quintilla's not coming at all. Suspect the likes of Stiepermann and Zimmermann could be sold although I get an inkling that both men could be fairly big characters in the dressing room. Obviously Giannoulis and Gibson are coming in, and very good additions they'll be too.

Got a suspicion, but no more, that we might lose Buendia first. Cantwell seems most likely to stay.

Sold.....Aarons & Buendia.

Out Vrancic, Tettey, Steipermann, Hernandez, Byram & Leitner.

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Sold.....Aarons & Buendia.

Out Vrancic, Tettey, Steipermann, Hernandez, Byram & Leitner.

I’d keep Hernandez over Placheta.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

I think Cantwell and Buendia will stay but Aarons go sadly. 

I think we might lose quite a few of the original imports this summer, Hernandez, Vrancic, Steipermann and I've got a sneaky feeling about Zimmerman going with an upgrade CB coming in and Omobamdiele being used as back up. 

If that's the outcome I would be a very happy bunny. Got a sneaky suspicion Omobamidele has leap frogged his way to the Premier League squad.

• Like 1

I actually think Webber will help Aarons move to a big team and not just an average one and this was the big promise that kept Aarons with us this season. Webber will be saying the same to Buendia, stay with Norwich another season to raise your profile and we will help you find the big move the year after that. If Buendia listens, and sees Max get a good move, he will be with us next season.

• Like 1

Keeping them all and getting Skipp back next season would be huge. But Aarons and Buendia are destined for the very top. Can see either in a Champions League side, do people think a team like Leicester are a "big" club? Think either of them walk into their side and Rodgers is a good manager

I think they'll all stay and give us next season and see how we get on. Try and rectify the last time we went up

26 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Keeping them all and getting Skipp back next season would be huge. But Aarons and Buendia are destined for the very top. Can see either in a Champions League side, do people think a team like Leicester are a "big" club? Think either of them walk into their side and Rodgers is a good manager

Leicester are likely going to qualify for Champions League next year after finishing 5th last year. They won the League 6 seasons ago.

I’m not sure what the qualifications are for a big club (not sure why Spurs and Arsenal think they currently qualify!) but Leicester are clearly a much bigger club than us right now and would fully expect them to move to them if they came calling with the cash.

If a team with European football comes in with good money, any of our top guys will go.

This is really the only immediate advantage that I believe will tempt any of our lads.

If Norwich are offering you £30,000 a week and someone comes up and offers you £65,000,what would you do? Plus there's always the risk that you stay at City,suffer a serious injury and lose your chance of your big move. I know injuries can happen wherever you're playing but its something I would bet they think about. Having said that, I,like everyone else on here,hope they may think,"the fans have missed all this,lets all stay together for another year and give this Premier league a proper go!!"🤞🤞

13 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

If Norwich are offering you £30,000 a week and someone comes up and offers you £65,000,what would you do? 

You'd be very happy 👍

Our resident know it all used to believe that a player leaving means they get the remainder of their existing contract plus their new one, so I'm sure that he'd be more than happy with £95k a week 😆

• Like 1

I think we should bend our wage policy to try and keep Emi. I have no idea what the actual average and top PL wages are, but say £30K is average and top is £40K, surely going to £60K make sense? Hopefully it wouldn’t upset the dressing room too much as they will see that having him on board makes our chances of staying up - and them keeping their PL-level wages - so much higher.

6 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

You'd be very happy 👍

Our resident know it all used to believe that a player leaving means they get the remainder of their existing contract plus their new one, so I'm sure that he'd be more than happy with £95k a week 😆

Seriously? 

Money always talks for the reason pointed out by bandy legs.

you can start by looking at who was in the squad last season and how far off they where. Yes players improve, McLean is an example, but some of the others are obvious not good enough.

one the cusp of being good enough for me is Cantwell and Pukki. The latter hurts to type but I feel his type of game is better read and against faster defenders isn’t quite enough. 

Sure fire good enough is obviously Emi, then Gibson and believe it or not I think omi what’s his name who covering for Gibbo. 
Skipp, Dowel , Aarons and just about Hanley. 

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I think we should bend our wage policy to try and keep Emi. I have no idea what the actual average and top PL wages are, but say £30K is average and top is £40K, surely going to £60K make sense? Hopefully it wouldn’t upset the dressing room too much as they will see that having him on board makes our chances of staying up - and them keeping their PL-level wages - so much higher.

The stats are saying our average salary in last year was 1.2m 

if you look at a team which he could play in like Everton it’s £5m average.

hell of difference .

so you could say he would be on almost two players wages alone. would one Emi be better than two other players which might improve the whole squad ?

Yes I think he is.

4 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

one the cusp of being good enough for me is Cantwell and Pukki. The latter hurts to type but I feel his type of game is better read and against faster defenders isn’t quite enough. 

I can't agree with this, Pukki was having a good season until he broke his toe and we had our defensive crisis so we barely had a chance to play to his strengths as the whole team were defending.

Cantwell too had a better season than most considering it was his first time in the Premier League having played a bit part in the 18/19 promotion season. The lad's matured and has more experience this time round.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They could all go provided the buying clubs stump up City's required transfer fee, however given effect of Covid on club finances it is unlikely clubs will pay what we want.  Next Summer it could all be different and our stars with a success full PL season behind them they could attract those fees.  All to stay but new contracts for Emi, Todd and Max at least £40k with added incentives including moves if relegated and bonuses for staying up. 

• Thanks 1