Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Reading*****

Just now, canarydan23 said:

I dread to think what @Hank shoots Skyler though of that Reading tackle and Skipp foul...

Pukki and Skipp freekicks just given were a joke in fairness.

Aarons rightly booked for going in hard with his foot off the ground though.

👍

We've been second best again, we've seriously switched off since promotion was confirmed, no intensity

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

👍

2/3

Yiadom on Buendia?

Bring honest glad to go in level, think Reading have played as well as they can, whereas we've got a gear or two to go into yet. 

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

👍

Aarons won the ball, the reading player continued his follow through late and got clipped as a result. Some dreadfully poor decisions. The last tackle on Aarons was by far the worst of the half- no booking.

Edited by horsefly

Useless ref and another on the beach half I'm afraid. Midfield seems to be second too often. Win today and you can do what you like next week.

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

2/3

Yiadom on Buendia?

Was that the tackle right at the end on the edge of the area? Didn’t see a replay but looked like a strong challenge along the ground (note Aarons wasn’t from the replay I saw), so no foul.

The foul from their player on Aarons at the end there was also a certain yellow, can see he was just trying to shield the ball but could’ve been nasty that.

4/5? 

This ref is incredibly poor.

That being said, we might be a bit fortunate to be going in level. Really want to see us step up a few gears 2nd half. Their two centre halves could do with a real test- might be the game for a cheeky Hugill.

57 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Nice embrace and chat after Emi's trophy. I think he enjoyed it 😀

She said thanks for giving me one emi. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Was that the tackle right at the end on the edge of the area? Didn’t see a replay but looked like a strong challenge along the ground (note Aarons wasn’t from the replay I saw), so no foul.

The foul from their player on Aarons at the end there was also a certain yellow, can see he was just trying to shield the ball but could’ve been nasty that.

4/5? 

Kind of 4/5, but you get massive minus marks for thinking Aarons' was a foul and booking when Yiadom's wasn't. 

That's hilarious. You could be a referee it's that bad.

Neither were even close to fouls, by the way.

Edited by canarydan23

4 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Quintila seems to be permanently out of position 

Spot on. He's dreadful defensively with little sense of positional awareness. Hope he's not the back up next season! 

Really good game so far. Two bad defensive errors for the goals, some decent tackling etc. Hopefully Reading will tire and we'll be too good for them second half, but Olise can't be that bad again.....

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Aarons won the ball, the reading player continued his follow through late and got clipped as a result. Some dreadfully poor decisions. 

Yes he did win the ball, sadly that isn’t the end of it anymore in football though. For the replay I saw it looked like Aaron’s foot was about 3 inches off the ground, and he went in with quite a lot of force.

Think that’s why it was given a yellow, and thought it was the right decision.

Will be open to watching it again and changing my mind but that’s what it looked like.

I would agree plenty of atrocious decisions since then though! 

Dont seem quite on it today, if we cant win we must make sure we dont lose, it would make our task easier at Oakwell

Brentford might be our best bet today unless we can switch it up a gear in this second half

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yes he did win the ball, sadly that isn’t the end of it anymore in football though. For the replay I saw it looked like Aaron’s foot was about 3 inches off the ground, and he went in with quite a lot of force.

Think that’s why it was given a yellow, and thought it was the right decision.

Will be open to watching it again and changing my mind but that’s what it looked like.

I would agree plenty of atrocious decisions since then though! 

I think you're right that the ref will have seen it that way, but he takes absolutely no account of the fact that the Reading player was late to the ball and therefore culpable for getting clipped.

31 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Have McLean or Dowell actually touched the ball?

I said last week that Dowell was non-existent but most disagreed with me. So I will say it again he has been non-existent. OK he scored but that was not exactly a great shot. I have no right to criticise the EFL manager of the year but surely he can see that Quintilla is giving the opposition the freedom of the pitch. He supposedly is an attacking full back but yet to show it. To be fair none of our players are having a great game but I expect we will win. Our through ball to Pukki seems to becoming our only attacking option - bit worrying particularly as not a lot of progress being made against two rookie defenders. No supporter is ever satisfied !!!!!!

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Kind of 4/5, but you get massive minus marks for thinking Aarons' was a foul and booking when Yiadom's wasn't. 

That's hilarious. You could be a referee.

I did concede to not seeing a replay of the Yiadon tackle. Did he use force in the tackle? Yes. But was the tackle on the ground or not? And was it one footed or not?

If it was one footed and along the ground then it’s a fair tackle IMO.

Any other variation of answer to those two questions would make it a foul. I.e. Aaron’s  used force, one footed but clearly off the ground = foul as potentially dangerous play.

BTW, top marks to Pukki for anticipating the backpass that forced the poor clearance leading to the goal.

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

I think you're right that the ref will have seen it that way, but he takes absolutely no account of the fact that the Reading player was late to the ball and therefore culpable for getting clipped.

I see what you are saying, will have another look at it later if I can see it in the highlights 

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

In other news , despite winning at the moment the binners can’t make the playoffs 

They've actually scored??????? 😲😲😲