Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Who will win the playoffs in your opinion?

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the playoffs in your opinion?

• Barnsley
    • Bournemouth
    • Brentford
    • Swansea

I’ve gone Bournemouth as I think they are probably the strongest side of the 4, but I’m hoping for Barnsley and Carlton Morris!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Probably Bournmouth, but think most of us are hoping Barnsley.

Yep totally agreed CC. Very easy decision to make this year, normally it’s a toss up between a couple of clubs but it’s unanimous for me this year!

*Edit - in choice of who I want to win, not who I think will win! Might have a little wager on Barnsley if the odds are reasonable.

Edited by Alex Moss

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Bournemouth on paper, Barnsley in a ..... "if  Carlsberg did playoffs" moment.....please.

I agree Wcc, good call.

Being the South's equivalent to Leeds Brentford must be odds-on to blow it yet again. Bournemouth are probably the strongest of the four but from purely selfish reasons ( and I quite like them anyway ) I hope it's Barnsley. I can't see them surviving in the Premier League and we'll need all the help we can get.

That said I was glad when Sheff Utd came up with us as I was convinced they'd finish rock bottom. That turned out well...

I've often thought that the playoffs are usually a lottery between four quite evenly matched sides, but over the past few years it seems that the most important factor is experience. In six of the last seven years, the playoffs have been won by either a relegated Premier League side (four times) or a team who were in the playoffs the year before (twice). 

So using that logic, I'd go for either Bournemouth or Brentford.

EDIT: Obviously I'd like to see Barnsley win though, but I wouldn't begrudge Brentford as they've been a decent side for a few years who by now probably deserve a crack at the Premier League.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 3

Think Brentford might use the fire of falling short to propel themselves over the line. But add my voice to those who hope against hope that Barnsley make it over the line. That would be a lovely feel-good story in its own right (although Brentford's would also be pretty laudable to be fair).

As absolutely nobody is predicting Swansea I'd put a few quid on Swansea.😀

Brentford will bottle it, Swansea aren't good enough, Bournemouth I think will struggle against better teams.

My moneys on Barnsley. 

Sky odds are Brentford 13/8 Bournemouth 2/1 Barnsley 4/1 Swansea 5/1.

Head says Bournemouth, but Barnsley are the wildcard here.

I’m afraid I think it’ll be Bournemouth as well. Hoping for Barnsley or Brentford though 

Bournemouth seem the most likely, although it'll be harsh on Brentford who have had a mighty good season. Would absolutely love Barnsley to do it but just don't think they will

11 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I think we will beat Barnsley next week, meaning the semi's will be Brentford V Barnsley. Swansea V Bournemouth.

So I'm thinking Brentford V Bournemouth in the final which in reality probably means none of that will happen

My hope is anyone but Bournemouth. Brentford and Swansea will get mauled in the Premier League and Barnsley will likely get by for a while on their energy and work rate but will run out of steam while Bournemouth have the finances and already have a physically capable team to compete at that level. So long as it's not Bournemouth I'm happy because that will give us at least one team we should be able to finish above next year

9 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

My hope is anyone but Bournemouth. Brentford and Swansea will get mauled in the Premier League and Barnsley will likely get by for a while on their energy and work rate but will run out of steam while Bournemouth have the finances and already have a physically capable team to compete at that level. So long as it's not Bournemouth I'm happy because that will give us at least one team we should be able to finish above next year

Let’s wait to see who succeeds and none will be relegated before a ball is kicked next season. Our last 2 limp attempts at surviving in the big boys league should teach us some humility before judging other clubs chances of survival.

• Like 1

It won't be Beloved Brentford because I don't think you're allowed to win the league and the play-offs in the same season...

😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Let’s wait to see who succeeds and none will be relegated before a ball is kicked next season. Our last 2 limp attempts at surviving in the big boys league should teach us some humility before judging other clubs chances of survival.

Quite. Although at least our limp attempts didn't also include throwing 100 million quid at it and crossing our fingers.

18 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I think Brentford will step up to the plate this time.

Brentford are the new Leeds for me.. 

Brentford, two good wins for them over the last couple of weeks.

other than that anyone other than Bournemouth. 

Brentford for me too. Running into a bit of form the last few games and have previous experience of the playoffs. So long as it’s not Bournemouth I really don’t mind.